Unable to see in game chat

I can chat apparently, if I type something other people can see it
But I dont see any of the messages I or anyone else make
I see in game notifications sometimes but thats it like
Baal: Laughing

My friends all have no issues its just me.
Ive tried reinstalling and didnt work

pls help me, it makes trading impossible!!

29 Likes

I have this exact issue as well, don’t see anyone in lobby and can’t chat to people in game. At least I can make a game and people see it.

2 Likes

i was having this issue yesterday (9/26) too.

5 Likes

Me too. It feels awful. Please fix!

2 Likes

I found out its actually a problem that can be fixed in the options menu… for me what worked was going to Options>Gameplay>UI>Allow online chat and tick that box…started working once I did that, no idea why it was unticked…

5 Likes

TO be clear
I am 100% positive my in game chat option is ticked on
It is not this

3 Likes

I am having the same issue and my chat option is toggled on in the options menu. I also went into the settings config file and chat = 1 there as well. I see no chat in game or in lobby but others can see my chat.

1 Like

Same here. Cannot see any chat at all and online chat is enabled.

1 Like

When you openup the ingame CHAT, make sure that you have selected the right channel.

You can select a different chat channel (will only display messages in that specific channel)
Its on the top menu of the Chat, click the dropdown icon and select “All” or the specific gamechannel dunno what its called right now.

E:
You can either change the Chat channel while ingame, or inside the lobby if we are talking about the PC Version of the game.
If you accidently selected or left the ingame channel you would not see any messages anymore as its saved what channel ur currently in.
Also this occures if you whisper someone, you wont see any messages anymore about the “ingame channel”

E2:
Also you can join/leave a channel by using the /join or /leave command.
If you type “/” inside the chat it will show you all available chat commands

1 Like

All channels are selected and yes PC version. Still can only see subtitles but no chat whether I’m in lobby or in game. I’ve never whispered anyone and it worked fine yesterday for me. Scanned and repaired game as well no change.

1 Like

Tried that no works but found a fix today everyone.

For some reason if I switch networks it worked. Had to connect my pc to my phones Hotspot and chat worked. Switched to back to my normal network and chat still works. Very very weird.

I also hear if you connect to a different network in general, in my case my cities competition as there’s 2 providers. No idea why but it works now.

Could try a VPN? I didn’t test. Borrowed a network card and connected to phone and it works now.

1 Like

Try in the game settings changing orb settings from automatic → manual

1 Like

I have tried all of the chat channels, none work.
Yes PC version.
Tried reinstalling even and no luck.
I also dont see whispers either.
I will try a VPN when I get home.

e//
Confirming even logging in through a VPN or on my mobile hot spot did nothing.

Can I please get somebody to look in to this? Am I being censored or something?

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/unable-to-see-in-game-chat/11901/2

YES everythiing everyone above has mentioned i am going through.

cant chat. keep getting message " You are not in that channel" …

Theres only ONE channel…

REAL LET DOWN FOR A VERY SOCIAL GAME.

2 Likes

This worked for me:

Chat option was already on in settings. Turn it off, apply, turn it back on, apply

have tried this, no work

Still havent figured it out. Ive ran VPN, ive reinstalled the game, ive tried different resolutions, ive tried every setting combination basically possible.

Please, I need to see in game chat, this is fking outrageous.

3 Likes

It’s definitely Blizzard’s issue. I just experienced this and couldn’t see all ingame chat in a party. 10 minutes later in another game (solo), suddenly ALL the chat lines exploded onto the screen.

Blizzard servers running on potato juice now.

8 Likes

there is a option for online chat. uncheck and recheck it. should work around.

Have definitely tried this already as I mentioned.

2 Likes

same problem my chat randomly dissappeared and now its affect my gameplay as i cannot rush for forges or anything that requires chat to go from game to game.

3 Likes