Unable to see in game chat

same problem. since beta and with launch the chat hasn’t worked. I can type which I believe others can see, but I cant see my own messages or theirs. No chat functionality works currently for me. I do get subtitles and see some ingame messages but that’s it.

4 Likes

I’ve been having a similar issue. I’ve been playing P8 runs in singleplayer, but the /players 8 confirmation will randomly not display. So i save and quit several times to try to get it working… only to suddenly see a ton of “players set to 8” messages suddenly appear all at once. This is in single player so there should be no lag of any kind causing this. This is especially annoying when trying to farm bosses.

1 Like

I am in the same boat as everyone else here… its brutal and bringing me close to not wanting to play anymore. Now we have to deal with que times to play. What happened Blizzard?

4 Likes

They can see it, i tested with a friendly person i traded with. I asked if you can see this please talk to warriv and go to act 2 and they did. Most people would use the waypoint so highly doubt that’s a coincidence.

1 Like

I had the same problem with chat randomly not showing up; worked fine since I first installed the game, then yesterday it all of a sudden stopped.

Go to Options> Gameplay and toggle the option for in-game chat off, apply, toggle back on, apply. This fixed it for me.

Same here. And even if I toggle the chat option on and off still didnt work.

1 Like

It’s been posted here by multiple people, i tried it, didn’t work.

3 Likes

having the same issue. tried reinstalling, disable/enable option, disable/restart game, enable/restart game ect…nothing seems to work…

1 Like

Is it possible you are launching without the Battle.net launcher? When I launched D2R directly I had chat issues but when I launched through the Battle.net launcher chat was fine. Although I thought it was still broken for a second because I had toggled online chat off from reading others posts so make sure to check that again.

Still same issue for me. is there a fix coming? none of the recommened fixes do anything

1 Like

Same happened here. Tried everything as the rest, well maybe except reinstalling. Can confirm that other players could read my messages whereas I couldn’t read theirs or even my own

2 Likes

In the game settings mark “ALLOW ONLINE CHAT” i had off i don’t know why. Thats work for me

Guy its been said like 30 times so far, its not the chat setting

1 Like

I have chat issues periodically, where my friends can no longer see my messages, nor I theirs. I’m in the “Game” channel, Allow Online Chat is enabled. Reconnecting to battle.net sometimes can fix this. We can see each others private battle.net messages, but this is a poor alternative because it is only 1 on 1, not party chat. This started yesterday Nov 18 2021.

1 Like

I just changed the upper panel in lobby from the “lobby” drop down to all. Seemed to work in the first couple games to fix… dunno if it realy did or not

I’ve been having this issues as well, but it’s intermittent so I believe it has to do with Blizzard’s splitting the servers somehow. I type /who in the game chat and it will often only show me.

If I’m in a full group doing CS/Baal I can’t see other people in chat in half the games, and /who shows only myself. I’m obviously not changing settings myself between games…

1 Like

This has been going on for so long.
It’s intermittent and not only unresolvable on the fly but unnoticeable (you don’t really know you aren’t seeing chat, you’re just kind of assuming after a certain amount of time of likely missed messages).
I tend to not mind bugs / problems in games all that much, but basic chat with people who are in your game just seems like a reasonable thing to resolve by now.

4 Likes

I can see in game chat if I am on my friends PC, but still not my own, even if I reinstall my client. The settings are the same.

On my own PC, i cant even see on single player (Offline) so its not a server issue either. I try /players 8 and it will work I just wont see the notification that its changed.

Still ISO answer.
Pls Blizzard, I know at least a couple of you there must still care.

Care about me, pls.
<3

1 Like

Same issue here with me. Sometimes chat works, others it doesn’t

1 Like

That chat problem is known for like 3 or more weeks and still haven’t been fixed. It is very hard to communicate on a full game or in a br… that makes the game so booring.
Fix that chat bug already…

1 Like