Tyrael's Might: Why is it bad?

because Enigma is too OP, teleport needs to get a cooldown

I like the idea of Salvation on Tyrael’s, though I think level 6 might be a bit much. Even level 1 gives 60 all elemental resists which is huge, level 6 would be 88 resists. I think it should be limited to level 3 at most (75 resists).

I think having it range from level 1-3 could work, but then again considering Tyrael’s extreme rarity maybe it should be a tighter range like 2-3 or even a fixed stat.

I do agree that the All Resists should be dropped (since 90+ resists would be crazy) and I think it should be replaced with 75% poison length reduction since Salvation doesn’t provide poison resistance.

As for the sockets I think up to 2 would be fine, 3-4 would be a bit too much I think.

Fanaticism is better than 160/60 hands down. The 30 IAS from Fanaticism is Skill IAS, which matters a whole lot in EIAS calculations. The ED is also much stronger and can be improved with a 40/15 Jewel. Where I see this Armor becoming prevalent is on Mercenaries(notably Act 2 and Act 5) where the IAS really makes them walking killing machines thanks to the CBF and insane Strength boost. Faith still has a purpose for Bowzons because Faith yields +1-2 All Skills, fat Enhanced Damage, huge Attack Rating and a much stronger Fanaticism but Faith for an A1 Merc is merely an option if you have Tyreals(could then roll with Mist instead). Ditto Windforce, which would be an option for Bowzons with Tyreal’s. The runeword that would take a hit with this would be Beast. Summoners wouldn’t need it for minions and could roll with a different weapon. Thing is you could “stack” the aura for level 19 with Beast(up to level 25 with Faith) so maybe it’s not entirely worthless.

As for Ethereal, I don’t give a rip about the suspense. It’s so freaking rare and considering how trash Templar’s Might is, it might actually be beneficial to know if it’s Tyreal’s or not beforehand. Besides it could be an Ethereal Templar’s Might, although the odds of that are pretty low. Getting Ethereal Templar’s would be the biggest middle finger too. You see its Ethereal and think: “Tyreal’s!!”, only to find out it’s an Ethereal Templar’s Might.

Depends if a build already has fanaticism in its kit, but I forgot about the free socket on Tyrael’s, that will definitely push things over.

But it sounds like you get my point anyway: adding fanaticism to Tyrael’s is too overpowered.

And save an ID scroll? Does that really matter to you?

So what if it is OP with Fanaticism? Whole point is to make Tyreal’s Might worthwhile to use for end-game setups since it’s a level 84 Elite Armor. Meaning it has to compete with Enigma, CoH, Fortitude and other end-game Body Armor options that can be utilized far earlier.

As for saving an ID scroll, that’s not my point. Most Uniques in this game are not even worth picking up, much less Sacred Armors. Even Tyreal’s in its current state is frankly trash. Only reason people place any value on it is for Holy Grail and how bloody rare it is. Due to that rarity, it should be something to celebrate should you find it and not something to say “yay I found it… now it’s taking up precious storage space”… sells to Charsi. With great rarity comes great power as I see it so giving it Fanaticism would make it a really nice Unique Armor to use for a variety of classes/builds.

Caster’s won’t be using it since they value +Skills but for Mercenaries, it’ll find a home. Fortitude will find a place on Mercenaries or Physical characters since it’s the strongest Melee/Ranged Armor around. Beast will still see use on Summoners because Tyreal’s has Monsters Rest in Peace. They won’t want that for obvious reasons, which makes Multiplayer all the more interesting lol.

1 Like

All tyreal’s might need is “+1 teleport”

Well that’s why we’re here isn’t it? If I didn’t agree with this premise, then I would have stated it outright.

What I’m saying is having Fanaticism on Tyrael’s Might will not make it a contender with fortitude or even a 160/60 armour, it will put Tyrael’s Might in a league above all current options available.

This is a massive power creep that is also not in keeping with making the rarest items in the game the most powerful items available.

Looking at my suggested alterations, we could spice things up however.

So with the above, Tyrael’s will be the only armour that grants potentially +3 skills in the game. There will be some builds that want to use the +3 skills right out of the gate. To make this less accessible, FCR hasn’t been added in addition.

For melee builds, +strength, +damage to demons and the socket option together make decent damage adders, while also having 50 all res, CBF, +skills and lots of FRW.

1 Like

Its a case of too little too late. Uniques should have been updated with patch 1.10 but we all know how that went. Patch 1.08 had the best uniques imo, bring these back!

1 Like

+120-150% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+150-300% Enhanced damage (Damage To Demons Removed)
+45% Faster Run/Walk (Changed from 20%)
+30-50 To Strength (varies) (Changed from 20-30)
All Resistances +30-50 (varies) (Changed from 20-30)
20-35 FCR (varies) (Added)
+1 to teleport (Added)
Cannot Be Frozen
3-4 Sockets (Varies) (Added)
Requirements -100%
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace (Removed)
Indestructible

Since everyone wants to make it SO OP that it is highly sought after in the community, just make it the most OP item in the game.

If you really want to get creative, allow tyraels to spawn with 1-4 sockets, then allow runewords to be created in it too.

Have you ever found one?
After 20y of playing the game, i never seen one being droped. I only had one only to have it and i traded a jah rune.

Tbh i personally dont care even if it had +5 to all skills since its more likely to win a loterry than to find a Tyrael’s Might armor.

I mean, the game has many drops which majority of players, even veterans like me, never seen or will ever see. I dont want drops like D3, hell no, nor i like to NOT see some items being droped after 20y.

1 Like

NTY If all you want is +1 Teleport Go/Get/Make an Eigma!!!

1 Like

Fixed It For You :+1: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I think he was joking. 4 sockets, or even 3 sockets is quite OP on an armour with this many mods on it.

It’s not just about rarity but about farming using the correct build and monsters.

I’ve never made a holy grail character and probably never will, but if you made a dedicated horker barb with stacked MF, enigma and kept farming pits and WSK, you can probably find one within months of solid play.

For that reason, I doubt I’ll ever find a Tyrael’s Might, where as items that are considerably rarer based on roll probabilities, such as a 40/15 I’ve already found.

already have 5 enigmas…get bored of it…need some thing new

looks like someone is afraid of his enigma losing some value

i “agree”, give TYM:

+1 tele oskill
+4 sockets

If it doesn’t have teleport, it is just another COH/Fort that people would most of the time rather have enigma. Plus it also makes it completely ideal for Sorcs, who are already broken in terms of DPS, especially blizz in PVP unless you stack 400+ cold resist.

Need teleport cuz tyrael can fly~

1 Like

Actually the Only Time I had a Use For Enigma Was on a Magic Find Barbarian… who of course doesn’t when properly built/doesn’t need to worry about resistances the way other classes do🤦‍♂️ I much prefer as I’ve said before Chains of Honor!

Then why make a different version?:man_facepalming:

True but not 100%, but in any case i think is more rare than it should be. plus “probably” means nothing. I have seen ppl on youtube plus my self, for holy grail and took years to collect such items, like death web or Tyrael’s.
but still when find something so rare and know its crap, is so wasted.