The Whirlwind Compromise

Bump for visibility.

weapon mastery skills are getting an AR boost

1 Like

I know it wont help at all with AR of Ww for assasins tho.

And still comparing Ww to any other skills they gain several hundreds more AR even multihit ones.

1 Like

this is a must that needs to be solved

1 Like

Blizzard, please listen to this feedback. Thanks!

For me, there are the “easy” and “hard” fixes with whirldwind. Adjusting damage/attack rating to the skill is the easy fix (I’d be happy with it).

Do you know the details of how WW works? I think the weapons base attack speed correlation to how many hits (or hits/second?) that you do when whirlwinding. To my knowledge (I could be wrong), IAS on items besides the weapon don’t play a factor in this calculation.

The “hard” changes would be addressing how weapon/item IAS affects the number of attacks done in whirlwind, the activation of “on hit” abilities, and something relating to the controls (I’d like WW to not be able target an enemy, but always aim for a coordinate).

1 Like

From my understanding, only on-weapon IAS counts. The first two attacks of whirlwind sequence always occurs on frames 4 and 8 after you start whirling.

It would be awesome if whirlwind could activate “on hit” abilities, but this would be a major buff and would have to be balanced accordingly. Lastly whirlwind must be UNTARGETABLE.

You should check out DHA’s post regarding bugs surrounding whirlwind, good write-up…

this is necessary to be implemented

Blizzard, Make WW Great Again!

Make WW Great Again!

1 Like

@Pezradar, you still have time to solve this problem which has been around since 1.10.

make it great again!

1 Like

this whould be funny again to play with ww baba

this is a must that needs to be implemented

1 Like

Blizzard, the change to damage scaling for WW does not require any fundamental changes, just tweaking some numbers. This should be a good compromise for now.

this is necessary to be implemented