Teleport kills the game

Teleport kills [my gameplay experience in ] the game. There I fixed your title for you. :wink:

1 Like

Yup nerf enigma i reckon

then, don’t teleport?

Guys I have this feeling that there is this classic gameplay mode we can avoid teleport with.

Classic.:exploding_head:

1 Like

Teleport no longer works through walls.

Teleport has a 12 frame next cast delay.

There. Teleport is now fixed and is no longer mandatory on every class.

1 Like

Yes but the damage is done

The gameplay baseline feeling has been altered

Like somebody quitting drugs, their body still craves the perks provided by teleport

This is why if teleport is rightfully nerfed

That it should be accompanied with a buff to global content

Make areas worth to be walked rather than skipper

That’s why I’m a big advocate of activities

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/half-baked-terror-zone-and-mediocre-won’t-help-player-retention…-game-needs-real-endgame-activities/154331

Especially activities that revolve around clearing as many monsters as possible

FRW is greatly increased on many items.

Stamina reworked; gives extra +30% FRW and no longer needed for running.

Extra FRW base stat added to all boots: norm: +10%, exc: +20%, elite: +30%.

Scroll of FRW (+10%) added to Blood Raven Q drop.

Fixed.

Oh 100%

I’m not saying to actually change teleport. I’m just noting that the fix is simple, the skill is OP, and this is the best way to go about it.

The only thing that really bothers me is the cope of people thinking teleport isn’t the giant elephant in the room that removes skill/build diversity for the worse, but are far too used to telestomping in pvp or ignoring the map entirely in pvm.

Should it have ever been introduced?

No.

Was enigma the worst/best thing ever added to the game?

Yes.

Should it be changed?

Nah. As you said. The damage is done and the remaining player base would throw the biggest toddler tantrum you’d ever see if they removed the walk through walls god mode teleport provides.

I think the opposite

Something bad being there for years doesn’t grant it special protection

Better late than never to fix that horrible design flaw

I absolutely am in favour of nerfing teleport

I just mentionned what also needs to be done to minimize the drawback effects of nerfing it

Ofc some will still cry, they always do

1 Like

You equate teleport with “tuning things up.” Teleport speeds things up, but tunes up nothing. Sunder charms tune up damage and versatility.

If you want to be slow, you don’t have to use one. Literally no enigma user is going to complain if you want to walk everywhere. I know perhaps your brain can keep up with teleport speeds, that’s fine keep on walking.

1 Like

Well, seems like i need to rephrase my sentence. I am trying to say that blizzard should remove CTA and BO should be exclusively from barb.
It is a response to enigma hater

Although I don’t think they need to change teleport, Blizzard did make teleport and other such skills in Diablo 3 require line of sight, so it isn’t exactly out of the question.

Yea except the devs convinced themselves that classic players enjoy the 2x2 stash space.

needing teleport to skip not worth the time content is what truly kills the game

most trash mobs need a buff to their drop rates and xp

1 Like

…and density. I’ll take density over all of it.
Some areas are 200% capacity while other areas are 25%, or so it seems.

1 Like

more density is great and fun

but double trash for double time still leave them not being worth
the objective is to try to make the reward of 1 min of trash killed close to 1 min of elites killed

Risk vs Reward.
I mean… There’s Trash then there’s TRASH.
It’s oh so fun running Shenk with my Sorc when Quill Rats and those Spear Cats spawn.
All risk no reward lol.

Anyway - I think a 1:1 ratio would be far too much.
Though atm it does often feel like a 1000:1 ratio, but hey that’s D2.

There’s a mindset I’m guilty of and I think many players might just be affected by it from time to time - If it happened once, we develop an expectation that it will happen again.
I tele into a house in Blood Moor on the way to a TZ Den - no chest, just a bed - click and Vex. From a Bed.

I then create a False sense of Expectation: Does that mean I SHOULD click every single breakable, lootable etc because I got a Vex from a Bed? Or a Soj from a random chest in Durrance 2 3 years ago? We all know that’s super inefficient.
Should I clear all the Carvers in Cata 4 because one of them dropped a Vex, again, 3 years ago?

I know I’m probably one of the most inefficient players around. I’m “good” at the game, but terrible at the following the “Loot Hunt Protocols”!
I kill large packs of trash all the time, I click(well Telekinesis …I abstain when playing non Sorc, mostly.) lots of objects and so on.

Is it “Wrong”? No. It’s just my foolishness for playing this way.

• Do I have a right to complain? Yep! BUT - I DO have a terribly unstable foundation upon which to BUILD my complaint if I’m pushing the needle to the extreme opposite of what’s actually, factually tried and true Loot Finding techniques.

So when I analyze the “problem” and do some honest introspection:
The problem is with Me, not the game.
Yes the %'s are pretty brutal, but my methods and techniques are not only worse - but compounding a bad situation even more.

That’s what players should ask themselves(as well as doing some research, inquiring for tips and tricks etc)prior to saying the roof is on fire and drops/game is broken.

1 Like

i agree with this, trash and elites dont need to offer exactly the same rewards Vs time invested
maybe the best is just to make trash being the source of goodsTC(same rate of cows) and leave elites being the main source of TC87

yeah, knowing the game before making any claim should be the standard
but to ilustrate

the chance of a cow dropping a ber is 1/730k @p1
the chance of a pit’s trash dropping a ber is 1/1.2M @p1
the chance of a pit’s unique dropping a ber is 1/210k

so why people farm cows and (usually) not pit’s trash? bc they are plenty and their ratio (3.5 to 1) is worth against the ratio(5.7 to 1) of a pit’s trash

with uniques is even worse with the ratio varying from 20-43 to 1

@maxroll dropcalc

Yea the odds are abysmal.
I honestly dunno how to or even IF it should/could be “fixed”.
Many say the game is fine as is .
While I’ve spoken to many folks in-game and seen countless posts on various sites/forums spanning my time with D2 saying they’re total crap.
Core problem?
Player problem?
Both?
irdk.

All I know is:
I’m to blame for…
Pulling so many penny slots.
Wasting too much time.
Being terribly unlucky. (/s + truth :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Well it isn’t just that though you can’t just highlight one aspect of a comparison and think it applies universally.

The pits trash doesn’t stack/group for AOE like cows do. I’m not sure which area I prefer, but if you were just rune farming off trash mobs cows are just easy farm and there are a lot of them in once instance and the group for AOE.