Sunder Charms should not be nerfed

Diablo II was never balanced and never will it be. I would argue this whole genre is unbalanced. It is certainly not because of removal of Immunities or “Sunder Charms”.

The point of removing Immunities is to enable build diversity and now guess what?
You can just keep on playing Infinity (Without Sunder Charms) Light Sorc/Javazon or just good-old Hammerdin, as Fire Sorc, Trapsin, and Cold Sorc (yes, Cold Sorc that people cry about) will still be lacking. Don’t even get me started on Melee characters (other than Javazon).

It should not have been nerfed at all, they should just remove Immunities without that charm in the first place. They should also buff melees and allow Teleport for Shapeshifters, and also add a cheap low, mid, and high-level Teleport Runewords.

They should also add /player x command, better exp and drop rates, add ploot, etc.

I appreciate every change we are getting, and it is awesome Blizzard is giving us what the vast majority want by bringing in updates, but I don’t think this decision is correct. The vast majority are not happy with it, you can just check Reddit. We are very excited to play but now nothing has changed so why bother?

So what is the point now? What’s their raison d’être, what problem do they “solve”?

6 Likes

The charms are still there and now they work like every other way to break immunes, and don’t ignore every rule of the game for power creep.

You still have an cheap alternative for infinity so whats exactly your problem?

The main issue is that CW stays broken…

5 Likes

The issue is written in OP: they change absolutely nothing. Infinity Light Sorc/ Javazon or a Hammerdin to go, why bother with even a Fire Sorc and let alone other characters.

What is CW?

They should have just removed Immunities and buffed melee in this update, along with Terror Zones.

Absolutely nothing changed, still same stale thing. Well, at least there are good rumors that drop rates have been vastly changed with Terror Zones so this might be something to look forward to!

Change is good. If you don’t like it, go and play D3 and PoE

8 Likes

Change is not good, if I don’t like it I ask for it to be modified. They are already hearing us by giving us changes. If you don’t like it, go play old D2.

Why should I play D3 or PoE when they are giving us changes such as ToZ and those Charms to begin with? I don’t get the purists you are already defeated. We keep asking, and next season more changes too. Exciting!

We can simply not play this season, and it will be dead in ~2 weeks and Blizzard will take note. Mark my word, I will be posting the health status of it. :wink:

1 Like

Dont play. I will play twice as much to make up for it.

2 Likes

a 500 people playing twice does not make up for easily 100k+ people. We will see how this Ladder will be in 2 to 4 weeks.

In any case, next seasons will have more changes so we can hold off until then. Blizzard wouldn’t make changes if Season 1 did not flop and had no players.

1 Like

You always think you’re “the vast majority”. But really, I think its split against you.

You got what you wanted with removal of immunity, and still not happy.

The problem is that you little noob label everybody as purist, but it seems that you don’t even know what the word means. Like a toddler hearing a new word and repeating it in every sentence.

I’m open to changes. I just don’t like crappy implementations. Sunder charms still aren’t great. But with the 1/5 effectiveness of conv/lr it’s no longer fully broken. That’s healthy for the game.

You are delusional. But I hope you leave for good.

3 Likes

If it is, they wouldn’t even make any changes to begin with. Season 1 flopped.
ALL polls had people asking for changes.

Did you read OP? Nothing changed… Just play Infinity Sorc/ Javazon or a Hammerdin and you won’t get less resistance.

I will not play next Season, but I will be here and can play casually non-Ladder. Also, I wouldn’t leave for good because every Season will get changes for us casuals, because Season 1 failed and was dead in 2 weeks.

Honestly you should save yourselves the heartache and leave to Old D2 for good. Purists already defeated, we got changes, more changes are coming, common sense, etc.

Nothing changed? Are you serious???

For the first time in forever, people can spec into their full fire or full poison.

Yes I am very serious.

They will also be very inefficient and not worth it, much like Melee characters. Fire is the one that is hurt the most. I don’t get it.

Maybe they can up Resistance of Lightning Immune monsters so Infinity does not break 90% of them easily?

I can see this is a tough reality for you, you are almost hallucinating. Do not spam my topic, stay in-topic or get ignored. We will get more changes soon in next seasons get over it. :heart:

Guess you are the defeated purist. I like the change and cancelled my plans to leave D2R for now with this change. But you don’t like it and cry about it. So byebye defeated purist.

1 Like

Oh i understand now.

Go theory craft a fire build and see. It will be plenty powerful compared to 2.4

As for melee, these charms were not meant for them. This change makes no difference for melee because they cant cast amp damage anyway.

1 Like

You are right I was hoping they buff Melee characters, this is not related to the charms.

I sure hope so but doubt it. I think they would be butt against Fire Immunes especially in like player 8 settings.

I mean, you can just ignore Sunder Charms and go for good old Infinity Javazon/ Light sorc, or a Hammerdin. You know, the stale meta. This is what I dislike about this change, is that it feels like a “no-change”?

I hope you are right anyways I of course have to test things out and see how they play, I am excited about Terror Zones anyways and especially the rumored better drop rates.

What do you think about:

I mean nerfing is one approach but if they make all builds stronger it would be a better approach maybe.

1 Like

This mindlessly repeated line of the lost “build diversity”…

TZ forcing us with their random nature to more diverse builds. That’s an META shift.

Full breaking sunders would have just undone that and would have enabled the same old OP builds to stay OP.

How so? How do they shift the Meta? :roll_eyes:

Now the same old builds stay OP but no build diversity. Your talking point is the mindless one.

Whats the point in arguing with someone lacking the games basics lol…

Edit sry typo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ad hominem, aggressiveness and insults = easy auto win for me. Typical childish purist yet they say other people mindlessly do things. :roll_eyes:

Just say you are wrong, it is okay to be wrong buddy.

Anyways, yeah, Blizzard should revert changes!

Oh and by the way for the Purist, it seems drop rates are getting huge buffed. Another L.

If we’re asking to revert changes. Lets just remove sunder charms all together.

4 Likes