Trapsin and Sunder charm question

Hello guys,

I made a trapsin and as I had a Lightning Sunder charm dropped planned for her to use it.
However, I now see/remember that Crescent Moon -Lightning resistance does not affect traps…

So my question is what is my use of the Crack of the Heavens Sunder charm for trapsin besides the 5% damage, which is not enough to overcome regen? Can I lower the lightning resistance of the monsters more? By not spending 2 Ber for further -17% ?

I mean… I feel like trapsin is screwed hard in this scenario?!

Thank you for the help.

looks like they forgot about sin… sadly

1 Like

You could look into getting a lower resist wand.

Aside from the cold sorceress, Sunder charms basically break immunitys, but are largely not all that powerful. You are better off with a second element or just ignoring immunes

Lower resist also works at 1/5 after Sunder Charm, so -37%/5 = 8% reduce. These percentages just don’t cut it.

1 Like

Good point. Best to accept trapsin remains unchanged and just enjoy the build as is.

1 Like

so ive basically just got to 67 with lightning trapper and am only in Act 1 hell…its not going well at all even with dual elements, lower resist, a merc that keeps dying since I cant find good gear. Who am I supposed to play to actually get me to the end of hell?

I made a trapsin too. I thought I’d share my experiences with it.

Maxed Death Sentry, maxed Wake of Fire and then I’m investing into synergies. I have 2x +2 assassin skill claws (bought from NM Anya) and +2 traps amulet. I’m grinding Pits now. Problem is the merc dying every once in a while, and the money it costs to raise him. Got act 2 with Defiance aura. It’s little better now since 4s Thresher dropped. I made Insight out of it.

It’s not that bad. Death Sentries blow up quite an area, and spamming Wake of Fire kills non fire immunes ok, and Death Sentry kills those that are fire immune. Merc is also able to solo some uniques and when the level accumulates he and (I too) will get a lot of more survivability, due to how the game calculates mobs hitting you. And farming pits will eventually yield some nice stuff. I’m bit bored tho, but I’m getting there.

Im not in a position to help or answer but you are doing better than me. keep it up.

Just a few suggestions:
Any Sorceress is good for doing boss runs. Go do Mephisto runs on nightmare and Andariel on hell and hope you find a few highly sought after pieces.
Go to nightmare Flayer jungle and farm for grand charms, since that area is (iirc) the first one where skillers start dropping, is easy and has a lot of monsters and thus drops.

You are right, they should have never nerfed those Sunder Charms but buff other classes. This is why I made this topic:

As of now it’s just Sunder Charm for Cold Sorceress until you get Infinity. When you get Infinity, why even use Sunder Charm for a Light element? Might as well not exist…

make bliz sorc, save pul / lem rune to buy the sunder ice charm, whoila… enjoy