Stop Changing This Masterpiece

Ah, so it was the grown upā€¦ seriously?

Let me ask a simple question:

In D2R, do you use the auto-gold pickup feature?

In the original, one needed to work (i.e. click) to pick up gold. In D2R, one does not.

Thatā€™s what I think tooā€¦retards on both ends, like everywhere in the extremes.

The whole discussion could end if you have 1 Server that keeps the release-state of D2R and another server with changes going mad.

So youā€™d have the best out of the 2 worlds.

2 Likes

I suggested 2 servers pre-luanch: The status quo server and the evolution server.

2 Likes

I accept your opinion fully - but why dont you advocate for the ā€œpuristsā€ to have their D2R release state preserved on 1 server. Fight with them to get their own server and fight for the other server to get more and more changes. So you would have nearly all people on your side and come much farther. Try it.

But that only applies, if u want to find a solution for both sides.

1 things interests me very:

What changes would you NOT like?

You mean something like this?

You can see they are more into drama than solutions. :woman_shrugging:

I am not shy to rub it in their faces after taking in so much toxicity and personal insults from them just because I asked for changes in a live-service game. They deserve it. Otherwise I am capable of finding solutions and discussing seriously.

Are you serious with this question? Itā€™s too generic to answer. The opposite of changes that I want I guess?

I mean the question serious. What would be in your point of view a bad change - because i am for changes too, but not for every change.

Itā€™s always dangerous to advocate purely for changes as it is to advocate purely against changes. So it interests me, what in your mind would be a bad way - the good way you presented us, the old way we know. A completely different way, where you would say it would be bad.

I will be a ā€œpuristā€ for example if they would put their finger on removing teleport completely - I will be instantly a ā€œchangistā€ when itā€™s about stash space or reworking Mercā€™s. So i have both in me, like everyone else.

(sorry for my englishā€¦)

Your fault is you thinking I want change for the sake of change. Best answer I already gave you is opposite of what I ask for: lower drop rates, back to mindless braindead robotic grind without Terror Zones, more mechanics like Immunities, etc.

But itā€™s kind of hard for me to think of imaginative scenarios of changing occurring and then arguing against that, this is why I said your question too generic.

Ironically, despite the extreme minority this will apply to, this scenario is bound to happenā€¦

After D2R has been out a year or two, a player finally buys D2R with just reading the store page. Nothing about all the other alterations made since. Heā€™s going to load up the game and find out itā€™s nothing close to resembling the D2:LoD he just left, and this is within a year or two of D2R being released.

Now, pro-change, purist, whatever you may mislabel yourself with on a personal level, this will be a rather interesting situation, and although weā€™ll likely never read an opinion piece concerning their experience of going to D2:LoD to D2R, I can only imagine.

Now personally, I think Blizzard has a huge financial interest in placating as many loud vocal minorities as possible, so that they will have a crowd to carry over into their D4 sales. When their shareholders go online to do research, itā€™s these loud vocal minorities that will create the illusion of Blizzard ā€œlisteningā€ to the users. When in reality, Blizzard is just in a mad scramble to siphon as many D2R players over to their D4 MTX platform as possible. I donā€™t think this is necessarily difficult to foresee or understand.

They know that D2:LoD players will play D2R regardless, because even if they turn the game into a smoldering heap, the updated graphics are still too alleviating for the eyes to go back to pixels and extremely low resolutions.

Just my opinion though.

Have to disagree, as a player who played the original from launch and for many years, I like the new lease of life this ā€˜remasterā€™ brings. Its not for everyone, but I think the changes have been overwhelmingly positive and healthy for the game. Looking forward to more.
TZ actually really good for endgame variety.

1 Like

Hyperbole.

The game in its current state resembles D2/D2:lod.

You use hyperbole as a diffusing point when you literally use ā€œlive serviceā€ to override every counter argument utilizing:

You shouldnā€™t use an argumentative strategy that simultaneously cuts your own legs out from underneath you. Try again.

If I need to spell it out:

Your use of hyperbole is amusing because you use ā€œlive serviceā€ in that same fashion to counterpoint any argument utilizing Blizzards own store page verbatim.

This is all you get because Iā€™m editing cover letters.

First, I never said it was hyperbole in that context. I said that Blizzard stated pre-launch that changes were possible and that Blizzard said iD2R is a live service game. These are facts, not hyperbole.

An example of hyperbole is the claim that D2R has no resemblance to D2/D2:Lod.

Honestly, this debate has gone back and fourth so many times itā€™s tiring. Itā€™s the same argument over and over again, and I even have to hold myself accountable here because Iā€™ve partaken in it too many times.

For me, personally, I respect your opinion. Why? Because you actually advocate for the same thing we do; a separate realm for purists and people who like change. Youā€™re not uncompromising, and I think despite your disposition on changes, you empathize with us, purists.

The point of this is, we all shouldnā€™t be arguing this tired point anymore. It isnā€™t constructive, and it honestly derails what we actually all seem to agree on. I use ā€œweā€ here because I am very much including myself; I am responsible as well for these arguments.

Also, I realize Iā€™m replying to your post, but Iā€™m not actually attacking you, as I only did to highlight that youā€™re actually agreeable on wanting the same thing we do, so please donā€™t feel like Iā€™m attacking you.

Love your humility.

Heres mine: The game has always been good and is now dogcrap.

The thing is bud, Iā€™ve never had trouble GETTING endgame gear. I have a tremendous about of free play time.

Also Iā€™m primarily a NL player. I donā€™t want an eternity of dealing with these crappy changes, and BS charms. Why I just started messing around in single player on a patch locked version. Zero interest in continuing to play on bnet with these changes.

just go to d2lod, the game will be there for u

2 Likes

Just go to Diablo 3, I hear it needs a player base.

1 Like

No such thing as a patch locked version of D2R unfortunately, 30 day DRM eventually forces you to update unless if you use illegal workarounds.

Or do you just mean youā€™ll ignore the changes in single player?

No comment, but I think you get it. :slight_smile: Not like I donā€™t own it lol.

1 Like