Stop Changing This Masterpiece

There is a a reason this game has stood the test of time.

Stop pandering to idiots, you are ruining class identity and reasons to make other character builds by adding sunder charms to the game, character diversity and farming locations associated with them is an important part of the game, no character should be able to farm everywhere, easily if at all.

40 Likes

Let not pretend that bots didn’t keep this games statistics inflated on bnet. everytime i came back to play it over the years bnet was 99% bots once you got to hell

11 Likes

i dont mind small or QOL changes that dont affect balance.

for example… a loot filter we can code ourselves woiuld be amazing. there is so much trash i just want to hide, and being able to edit the colors and the names is nice to shorten things like helth and mana pots

some added space that charms dont work in would also be nice. another basic QOL.

moving cain to his proper spot back in act 5

fix some other bugs like fury being interruptible, and feral rage life leech amount not matching tooltip

change firewall back to 2.3 when it was useful

i mean things like that.

i dont want need “big changes to balance” just some QOL. is more than enough.

i would also like the 2.4 runeowords to work in NL its kinda BS that they don’t

8 Likes

I would’ve preferred lobby improvements, density changes, updating maps like sanctuary and tunnels to be more multiplayer friendly, ai improvements in general and maybe newer boss mechanics to improve challenge. Loot filter and ilvl on items. Like first improve the basics.

Hopefully it still feels like d2 in a few seasons.

1 Like

It’s a remaster the “masterpiece” still exist.

plus most games where filled with bots on classic bnet.

7 Likes

What he said :blush:

• List item`*

* 1. > Preformatted text

*`

races**

because everyone is racing to the end and no one has any class.

also makes pnb necros viable before a d web drops.

1 Like

They promised to stay true to the original in the marketing and now they have your money they are remaking the game in their own image and it’s not pretty. They shouldn’t have called it diablo 2 resurrected, it should have been called Diablo 2.5. Making changes is one thing but they are making changes without understanding long established game mechanics. Instead of listening to streamers looking for new content, play the game and understand why things are the way they are before changing things. People always want bigger numbers things to be easier they will never be satisfied even if they do a billion damage, it’s up to the game designers to see the game as a whole.

4 Likes

Stood the test of time? You mean 300 players peak for 15 years due to D2JSP?

8 Likes

Some changes can be good, but the sunder charm is bad. It would be good, however, if it were as rare as it is to make an infinity.

3 Likes

My necromancer Laughs.
My previos barbarian Laughs also.

I play classes and builds specifically to farm Everything because im not skipping over any monster that enters the screen.

3 Likes

Challenge has been erroded. You can do whatever you like to a game except make it trivail beyond belief.

-Heightened drop odds
-Blood Moor exp til 99
-Sundercrap

There is no longevity in those things. 2.4 didnt make the game ultra easy, it really did provide a little bit more choice. 2.5 is utter uetter dogcrap and those that implemented this stupidness should be fired.

If i was this bad at my job, i would be fired.

I actively supported Blizz in everything they had done up to 2.5 Now i hate them.

6 Likes

Stood the test of time…? It hasn’t been that long. Plenty of people playing

I’ve been playing a lot of Season 2 and it’s very fun :wolf:

4 Likes

I’m sure you are. And in 2 months we’ll never see you again. Meanwhile the guys that have played for literal decades are leaving because of changes like this.

Then again you’re likely Actiblizzsoft’s target audience as they are using D2R as an attempt to appeal to potential D4 customers, not the old guard fanbase.

7 Likes

And if that keeps happening, this is a success for Blizzard. Personally, I have been here since before launch, and been here since OG D2. This update is great and fine.

2 Likes

This Ladder gave me crippling depression. They also screwed with stash code (again), and since PlugY doesn’t exist offline players have to manually migrate all of their items from pre-2.5 GoMule tabs to 2.5 GoMule tabs, it’s literally hours of manual processing.

2 Likes

Class identity was ruined in 1.10 with the addition of infinity and call to arms. You are almost two decades too late.

5 Likes

This, people like to ignore this fact.

1 Like

It’s really not though. Blizzard is bleeding players throughout all it’s games, and they don’t understand their marketing strats are backfiring hard. They keep listening to people like you and it’s literally going to run them out of business. Eventually Microsoft will likely end up dissolving Blizz, sending their “talent” elsewhere and selling/licensing the IPs.

They don’t seem to understand that making changes that please one group, but piss off another CONSTANTLY is why people have been leaving their games in droves. If it ain’t broke, stop fixing it until it is.

3 Likes

Totally unrelated. Question is are D2R sales going higher or not. They obviously are.

It is bleeding players of WoW and a scandal happened. It had way more success during Diablo III than Diablo II, and even with WoW than original Diablo II. Just because it isn’t doing better than last year -while still doing great- does not mean anything D2R related. If anything, it means OG D2R flopped and now they are headed in the right direction!