Sets with changes look weak on paper

Sets with changes look weak on paper. Am I missing something?

7 Likes

I agree, especially given how long it takes to put certain sets together.

3 Likes

I really hoped for pierce on mavinas, aldurs set is just unusable. Would be great if the elite Sets would all be at the level of tal’s.

9 Likes

you are not missing anything - set changes were the most underwhelming part of the patch notes for me.

3 Likes

No, you’re absolutely right.

They essentially didn’t affect itemization in the game at all. Everything is basically identical. Set items are still useless, and all of the new runewords are terrible.

There is no point in playing ladder.

why not make specific suggestions then? down to the numbers and reasoning why something should be on an item? lets say for mavina’s and Aldur’s. compare set item pieces with their (better) competition while doing so.

1 Like

You’re missing the point.
Low level sets are meant for low levels.

The idea isn’t to make every set end game.

Developer Comments: Many improvements have been made to Set items that are generally underused by players. These will offer more reasons to equip multiple of these Set pieces and to give some Sets new capabilities to make them stand out more, which further fuels more build diversity.

This means that these sets that were basically never used will now have some purpose while levelling up.

This is especially important for HC players.

4 Likes

But what’s the point in going that route? It’s already extremely easy to just make a sorc, MF, find a ton of stuff, and if you don’t find what you need, you trade for it. The levelling phase of this game is extremely short. Even if you see validity in what they did, the buffs were extremely minor, and did nothing to impact build diversity.

On top of that, there isn’t a single set item that’s worth upgrading. Those new cube recipes will not be utilized.

As even more of a slap in the face, Tal’s remains the only decent set in existence.

2 Likes

There is few exceptions like arctic armor upgraded to elite version :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its far easier & quiker to farm low level rune words that outperform these harder to find sets.

3 Likes

1,5k defense and 10% res on something like arctics just makes me laugh :rofl:

1 Like

Theres the long standing problem of not being able to find the lower level sets at a low enough level for them to be useful. By the time you have even two pieces, let alone the full set, you’re already level 80+.

4 Likes

Is it that everything that is changed must be able to be great endgame items? Is that what the problem is here? Because if so then maybe take another look at the changes and you might see that some of the changes might be good if you are leveling an alt and find the set with your sorc farmer. Especially for leveling they might be interesting.

I don’t think that Blizz said that the changes to items would shake things up or change the items used at endgame.

I would say that those that love to compete against others in the race to 99 is a good reason to play ladder. Expecting that after a period of time a ton of new rune words would be created solely for endgame was leading to you being disappointed.

1 Like

Add 33% pierce to mavinas full set bonus. It’s the biggest disadvante of the set compared to other equip for the frostmaiden.
Edit: even better, add it to mavinas true sight as full set bonus.

Add as much fire damage as ice damage to make the set also viable for magezone.
Edit: +1xx-2xx fire damage to belt as 4 piece bonus, +20% fire skill damage to belt as full set bonus.

1 Like

Should be over 2200 i believe with another piece from arctic.

1 Like

How many of those sets did you put together while levelling ?

And how many characters did u level past sigons (aka after lvl 20-25 tombs)

Ä°f those sets dropped much much frequently then maybe
(Dont start they are abundant you dont even pick then up … they are abundant when you start hell meph farming … not during levelling

1 Like
1 Like

+1 for Blizzard making the other elite sets as useful as tal’s.

1 Like

I am just glad I wasn’t missing something. The runes used to up these items are more valuable than the items themselves.

I think that Cleglaw’s sword is also worth upgrading. Scaling +max damage and 50% deadly strike is decent, quite apart from the full set bonuses. Honestly, I think this set is under-rated, especially for paladin alts.

3 Likes