M'avina's Battle Hymn change request

Hi all,

due the far better alternatives M’avina’s always been underused, so i think it could use a little buff. The biggest disadvantage of the set compared to uniques / runewords is sure the missing pierce, forcing you to spend 20 hard points and still be left behind by approx 5% pierce chance.

I realised that the set changes are all for set bonuses, i guess because that way they work even for pre 2.4 dropped set items. So the minimum effort change would be:

M’avina’s Battle Hymn

Partial Set Bonus
+20 To Strength (2 Items)
+30 To Dexterity (3 Items)
+33% Pierce (4 Items)

Complete Set Bonus
+3 To Amazon Skill Levels
+20 To Strength
+30 To Dexterity
All Resistances +50
+100 Defense
+100 To Attack Rating
100% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items
Display Aura

But still would be awesome if the set would be usable for more then one build just like Tal Rasha’s. And while i realise dev’s might fear negative feedback when pre 2.4 items stay unbuffed, it’s still better then no buff at all. So here’s my full proposal:

Mavina’s True Sight
Diadem

Defense: 200-210
Required Level: 64
Durability: 20

+150 Defense
Replenish Life +10
+25 To Mana
+30% Increased Attack Speed

+1 to All Skills (2 items)
50% Bonus To Attack Rating (3 Items)
All Resistances +25 (4 Items)
+33% Pierce (Complete Set)

Thought it would be fitting to have an ability to allow you putting arrows through monsters on a item named “True Sight”.

M’avina’s Caster
Grand Matron Bow

Damage: 40-207
Required Level: 70
Required Strength: 108
Required Dexterity: 152
Base Weapon Speed: [10]
(Amazon Only)

+188% Enhanced Damage
+40% Increased Attack Speed
+50 To Attack Rating
Fires Magic Arrows [Level 1]

Adds 114-377 Magic Damage (2 items)
10% Chance To Cast Level 15 Nova On Striking (3 items)
+2 To Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only) (4 Items)
+25-50 Damage (Complete Set)

Running M’avina’s on a strafe hybrid has always been a drawback due the low phys damage. Add’s a bit to build variaty possible with M’avina’s (just like Tal’s).

M’avina’s Tenet
Sharkskin Belt

Defense: 81-86
Required Level: 45
Required Strength: 20
Durability: 14
16 boxes

+50 Defense
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+5 To Light Radius
5% Mana Stolen Per Hit

Adds 2xx-3xx Fire Damage (3 items)
All Resistances +25 (4 items)
+20% To Fire Skill Damage (Complete Set)

A copy from the Icy Clutch ice stats in fire, again build variety for Immolation / Magezone.

6 Likes

No one? Come on, make M’avina’s a real “elite” set :grin:

3 Likes

i dont really play bowazons that much, so its a bit hard to evaluate if the changes are viable. from a reasoning point they seem to make sense. and they don’t seem too be broken/op. if someone with a bit more bowazon experience could comment on this it would be nice. the numbers look good on a first glance. but to make this more viable for hybrid builds and physical seems reasonable.
+33% pierce
+25-50 damage
+2xx-3xx fire damage
+20% fire damage

1 Like

Pretty solid suggestion that honestly beats what I suggested elsewhere. The only change I would make would be the following:

Partial Set Bonus: +20% Faster Run/Walk(4-piece)

Mobility is a key necessity for Amazons, be it Javazons or Bowzons. You get 20% FRW from M’avina’s Tenet so I figure doubling it would give you a floor of 40% to work off of and not have to rely on getting it from your Boots or Cat’s Eye. Meaning any additional FRW is merely gravy. You already get 33% Pierce from M’avina True Sight so it’s virtually a lock to get 100% from the Pierce Skill.

If I was to make further changes, it would be to add -Enemy Resistance to Gloves and Belt for 3-piece bonus and move the Add XXX Fire/Cold Damage to 2-piece bonus respectively.

1 Like

Just make the bow 4 socketed, the armor 3 socketed and the diadem 2 socketed. Like the Griswold set. And then the elemental M’avinas could be playable.

Her main limitations are really lack of mobility and 100% pierce, neither of which sockets will help with.

More sockets could help fire based bowazon builds but I’m guessing the set is not designed with them in mind from a lore perspective, and too many sockets would make her exceedingly strong.

2 socket Mav’s diadem would be a big power creep and become best in slot, allowing up to 60% IAS in the helm slot.

2 Likes

Elemental M’avinas is a limitation. Even with sunder charm and 3 facets you just get 80% cold resist on monsters. Is not enougth. If you dont want to make 2 socket diadem make at least more sockets armor/bow. This set is really for a caster Amazon, not a phisical. And is useless.

More sockets = more cold facets= more help

You can use infinity or plague as well on the merc.

Otherwise, magic arrow, multishot, guided arrow or strafe against cold immunes are an option with the bow, +skills and decent enough dexterity, or exploding arrow with fire arrow synergy can also be used for that purpose.

1 Like

OFC. Who doesn’t have 2 Bers. Well, then you can use cat eyes and some boots with 40% faster run/walk for mobility, like Sanders. And de Pierce hability for…well…Pierce.

Untill something is done to immolition arrow or exploding arrow, frozen arrow is the best option for mavs. The fire bow skills are simply too weak!

Actually, Mav’s set aside, fire bow skills are surprisingly good. They lack the same crowd control but their raw clear speed is not matched by freezing arrow.

They are horrible compared to frozen arrow, even with similar gear. Holy fire pally with kuko bow makes a better fire bow than the amazon!

I’ve spent many hours play testing ~16 different end game cold and fire bowazon builds in players 1 and players 8 cows, recording best, worst and average times of each and uploading the results to my YT channel.

Fire bowazons are coming out consistently on top over cold bowazon builds with the sole exception of the following 2 bows:

• M’avina’s set
  • Faith
1 Like

Funny, i have a 6 skill mist from last ladder and @ lvl 40, both immolition and exploding arrow barely breaks 3k fire dmg. Meanwhile frozen arrow consistantly out performs fire in damage and utility.

Holy fire din with kuko is far superior to a dedicated fire ama. They do 3x the damage with fairly cheap gear.

You need to use immolation arrow between your explosive arrows. Immolation Arrow can breach the 5k damage mark.

Also, I used cows for testing as it’s a high density environment and has even resistances.

Cows herd into tighter clusters to blow them away using fire bow skills since they are not frozen or chilled, where as freezing arrow affects cows’ ability to herd tightly.

And the pally easily doubles this with similar gear.

1 Like

And if the +20% cold damage on globes were -20% enemy cold resistence?

I was just comparing a fire bowazon to a cold bowazon.

But to your point, I have run the numbers and found that 6k is reachable but not double as you’re saying. Maybe you’re accounting for a high level enchant added to the Pally as well?

Pallys using Kuko Shakaku also shoot slower than a bowazon and also can’t reach 100% pierce without sacrificing damage.