Running multiple instances of D2R on the same computer

I am sorry you spent that on 2 of them lol.
You have to put the install of each one in separate folders. Keep the launch icons in those separate folders too. It will ask if you want the offered file path and folder, just change the destination folder of one. Run them both in windowed.

YOU are a liar. Post the exert from the TOS that says what you claim.
Go suck on a tail pipe. He paid for them.

3 Likes

We were told it was going to be on new servers. So what you claim should not be, and you have no proof of that. Old servers divided USA in to 2 regions. East and West, and then asia and europe. So the FACT all 3 are on the same server AND there is no east/west now suggests it IS some kind of newer server, but they cut corners and we get the effects of that.

20 characters limit. I bought a 2nd account once I reached it.

1 Like

isboxer is literally against TOS.

isboxer streamlines multiboxing and duplicates commands. you cannot use it in wow, nor any bnet products.

i was wrong to op tho, he can run 2 instances…if he can figure out how to do it.

1 Like

Reposting to see if someone with 2 accounts has tried my fix.

Download Process explorer
Launch D2R from Bnet
Open Process Explorer
Find D2R on the left side, click on it
Find the Event "Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\Diablo II Check For Other Instances
Right click the event and select ‘Close Handle’
Open another D2R instance using the .exe (not Bnet)
Close process explorer (you dont have to, but it eats moderate resources).
1 Like

this is how I get my BO barb in mf games with my hdin. def works

1 Like

cant find Find the Event "Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\Diablo II Check For Other Instances

1 Like

yes it works, but to keep 2 accounts logged in i need to lanch one game as another windows user

ok found the check for other instances but it will not load the second account, it promps the same account, allowing 2 windows but wont let me log into the other account and start the game

I literally did link it. You can suck the tail pipe.

1 Like

Stormay’s trick worked for me this morning, but doesn’t work anymore this evening when I tried it again. Did they change something during the day? Has anyone else got it to work in the past few hours?

MouseWithoutBorders. It’s from microsoft (since they bought out the original developer)
Literally lets one KB/Mouse move back and forth between two or more PCs.
The PC the mouse cursor is on is the one the keypresses go to.
There are some other software packages that do the same thing (including cross-OS), but MWB is free and works just fine. (on everything else, I use it daily on my work computers - I don’t have multiple D2R accounts, so haven’t tested it htere)

1 Like

Make two different shortcuts:
“path1\D2R.exe” --exec=“launch OSI”
“path2\D2R.exe” --exec=“launch OSI”

Launch the game through the launcher once to connect to battle.net. Close the game. Then try the shortcut.

If that doesn’t work, the only other solution is using two windows accounts with account switching.

Multiboxing is allowed. Key mirroring (hardware/software) is against the rules of WoW. They have not explicitly stated anything for their other games that I know.

2 Likes

How do you get in through your second account though? When you use the shortcut to launch the game the second time, it will just use the same account that you launched the game with the first time.

I have two accounts logged into bnet at the same time, I haven’t tried the multi boxing yet cuz i haven’t purchased the game on the second account. Both instances share the same installation, I don’t know without a second windows account if it will let you but installing and moving the game to two different folders might work. I don’t know for sure.

Really wish it was not this difficult ><

You can relog into your second bnet account, but when you do, it already says “Playing Now” for D2, and when you launch a second game client, it logs you in using the credentials to your first account, even though you’re logged into your second account in the bnet launcher app.

Need a way to launch the second game client using the bnet credentials that were entered in most recently, rather than it using the credentials that were used to open the first game client.