Randomly crashes straight to desktop

in the middle of playing the game randomly crashes me to the desktop with no error codes at all. I have reinstalled the game made sure drivers were updated and tried to lower the graphics just to see and nothing helped. i cant play more then a few minwithout crashing

RX580
i5 10600K
32Gb Memory

21 Likes

I have the same issue. I have the last updates from Windows Updates and last drivers from Nvidia.
Nvidia 1080TI
32 GB RAM
Ryzen 3600
Windows 10,

5 Likes

Same issue here. During game play when everything looks fine, straight back to desktop with no error message or whatever.
i5 11300H
Intel iRIS Xe

I have also monitored the temperature of GPU, just around 50°C all the time during game, so this should not be a hardware performance issue.

5 Likes

The game starts but after the loading page to start the map the application
crashes me to the desktop
Lastest GPU drivers installed
Windows up to date

No Errors code
Ryzen 7
Nvidia GTX 1650

6 Likes

I have the same issue. It’ll play for anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes, then exit to desktop.

8 Likes

I’m having the same issue here, no error but crashes to the desktop, over and over. I have updated everything that I could, I was starting to freak out… But now I know It’s not only with me

5 Likes

That’s right. Which means you can hardly proceed in the game without auto saving. Heading to my PS4 before they have some conclusion here.

Same thing with mine so frustrating I also tried updating drivers and everything. I thought something was wrong with my comp. sucks we have to deal with this I hope it’s fixed soon.

Intel i5
Radeon Pro 560

1 Like

Literally the exact same here, the only thing that’s worked is changing every option to the lowest which really sucks having way above the recommended.

Intel i7-8700k
GTX 1080Ti
11GB VRAM
16GB RAM

1 Like

The same for me.
i7-8700k
GTX 1080
16GB Ram
Win11 insider

1 Like

I have the same issue.
i7-6700k
GTX 1070
16GB RAM

1 Like

Hi,
Same issue here. I played for a few minutes then it crashed. Now I can’t join any online game. It crashes as soon as loading finishes.

I tried with an offline character. So far it started. Let’s see how long it will survive.

Specs:
i7-8665U
Intel UHD Graphics 620
16 GB RAM

I know the GPU is not that good but it is not due to the GPU. I have extra cooling and all the video settings are at low.

2 Likes

If you do not have a Pagefile setup in Win10 try this.

It worked for me, played for hours w/o crashing last night! :slight_smile:

Per TheErek …

Fix for me: I went in and checked the page file size for each of my drives and realized none of them were set (I’m not sure if i disabled them or if that’s the default now) i set it to let the system manage the page file size for each of my drives.
Open the windows system Settings app
Click on About
Select Advanced System Settings
Click Advanced Tab
Click on Settings under the Performance Section
Click on Change… under the Virtual Memory Section
Click your drive (for example C:) and then click the radio button next to System managed size
Click on Set
Then Click OK, OK, OK
Now start the game.
As soon as i did that the game stopped crashing for me.

4 Likes

I get the same thing today. I can’t join a game for longer than 2-3 minutes before it crashes to the desktop. On the day of the release, I did not have this issue… I just had issues where I couldn’t join games online due to too many players…

Today even offline crashes to the desktop… Is there a fix yet for this?

3 Likes

Thanks dude! It really helped me! Now I can play. Respect!

2 Likes

Same issue here, unfortunatelly the suggestion above about virtual memory didn’t work

R9 3900x
RTX 3080
32gb ram

2 Likes

I’ve crashed at least 25 times since launch.

Ryzen 3600x
Nvidia 1800
64gb RAM 3200mhz

2 Likes

I thought it might be a GPU problem because mine is a graphics card integrated with my notebook
But I have an I7, 16GB ram and SSD only (no HD)
But seeing so many people with graphics cards and a better setup, I think I’m convinced that the problem isn’t the GPU

2 Likes

Update the game now freezes and I have to manually shutdown to get out of it since new patch. I saw the suggestion above but with this many ppl having the same issue I’m convinced it’s not on our end. You shouldn’t have to try all these crazy methods to get the game to work properly… Absolutely unplayable right now. I hope it doesn’t take a month to fix.

I’ve tried updating my drivers, and nothing. The only thing I can think of is something wrong with hardware