Tal Rasha’s Tomb - crash

Hello,

We’re now April 2023 and the below issue is STILL present!!

Tal Rasha’s Tomb - crash every time

The game will crash every single time I do enter the correct Tal Rasha’s tomb. Everything is running fine should I enter other the tombs or wander around Lut Golein. It’s just as soon as I enter that true tomb game will crash to desktop without further info. I’ve sent countless reports still unanswered.

I’ve been patient enough I guess. I’m waiting at least some answer from Support. It’s very easy to trigger the crash provided it can be reproduced 100% of the time. I even tested on different hardware to be sure.

Game just updated to 1.6.74264 without any impact on the crash reported above. Still crashing in 2023 like it did in 2021 at the ‘true’ Tal Rasha’s tomb.

For the record I’ve tried removing the .map file from my save folder to generate new maps but game is still crashing.

Also tried the -resetofflinemaps command line argument which not only regenerate maps entirely but also changes the Tal Rasha’s symbol in the Quest Book. But anyhow the game will keep on crashing to desktop as soon as you enter the correct tomb. I insist no problem with the other tombs or any other area in the game.

I’ve done dozens of test and each time I’ve sent a report when asked. I’m not even sure to whom such reports are being sent and if they’re being received…

Two last comments:

• I’ve asked for a refund but of course Blizzard argued that I’ve played the game for too long. This is really looking more and more like an elaborate scam. They have you playing long enough before the game starts crashing then the company oppose a refund.
  • there’s another thread listing the many (random) crashes to desktop still occuring for users (Randomly crashes straight to desktop).

A clear statement from the devs/Blizzard is now in order about those crashes. At least to provide a timeline for fix would confirm that Blizzard cares.

I couldn’t reply in the first post hence that new topic.

My setup:
Microsoft Windows 10 Family 64 bit (build 10.0.19045)
Gigabyte X570S AORUS MASTER Default string (BIOS F5A)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core 3,70 GHz AM4 (AMD64 Family 25 Model 33 Stepping 0)
RAM: 32 Go
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti

D2R:
Client version: 1.6.74264
region: Europe
single player only/offline mode

Thanks

Have you tried to lower the graphic to minimum or tried with a different graphic card?

When you say you tried new hardware - are you saying that you installed the game on a different computer with different os and hardware and the same bug?

also, is “europe region and offline mode” you playing single player or on the europe realm in a closed game?

I have tried with different GPU (1080Ti) > issue still occurs. I tried lowering from Ultra to High > issue still occurs. I’ve tried with/without DLSS still crashing at the tomb…

@DreDre: yes I installed the game on a different computer with different specs (Intel CPU instead of AMD, different Geforce) and windows 10 x64. Game crashes always once in the tomb. I’m playing offline, single player. No multi/online.

I also tried the following but still the issue persists:

• Scan & repair (no problems were detected)
  • Full uninstall / reinstall

Thanks for your help.

Latest report ID: CAD0F703-AEB7-40B6-95B2-6CFB7428D0D0

1 Like