Race to Level 99 - Season 6 HCL - New World Record

This season I started out with a mission. I wanted to achieve Level 99 as soon as possible. I devised the following rules for myself:

1.) You have to play your own character at all times (no account sharing), but are free to group up/trade with other players.
2.) During the race you have to video stream and your face has to be visible while playing, when you sleep/eat/use the facilities your character has to be shown on stream.
3.) Illegal software addons per Blizzard EULA are forbidden. So not only no maphack, but also no lootfilters or any other QoS tools.

Thanks to the support of the community during the race (after Level 91 it was me in terrorzones without the group ingame, but support via Discord and Twitch) i finished the race in 95:35:43.17

Here are the Video links:
Summary Video
Full PoV - Part I
Full PoV - Part II

A detailled review will follow.

Best

5 Likes

gratulations for reaching your goal.

no it wasn’t. you had your 7 robots sitting in town for 80 hours straight so you could benefit as if it were single player /players 8.

and you’re obviously using a third party program to have your group exit and join games quickly with your main.

and now i’m going to have to get laser eye surgery after watching your play through.

2 Likes

How you managed to watch four days of gameplay in 35 Minutes is a mystery to me :slight_smile:

Also: you can see all I do all the time - no bots, all myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

you bought 7 more accounts during the blizzards 67% off sale recently, then you bought (i wont say the name here) to have your team auto join your games with one button press, it’s clear in the video every time you lean over to press a button off camera every game, you rushed 7 characters at a time to hellforge until you got your Gul/Mal Mosaic runes which you dont show on stream, and then you played “single players /players 8” until 99.

i’m not one to call multiboxing cheating, but if you’re going to pull this whole charade and then try to call it some big solo achievement of winning, yah it’s not as impressive as that dude actually soloing at level 94 right now.

1 Like

looks more like an autojoin script

Thank you!

Really was something!

Epic feat. Bravo poggers.

Congrats.

I’m curious, how much sleep did you get in between the sessions?

I was thinking if I made an ARPG, I would limit the ladder to 16 hours of active time, and then there would be an 8 hour cooldown period. Do you think that would be good or bad?

Agreed here. The op is a liar. Bots to pump to players8. What a tool.

2 Likes

This is actually Blizzards fault once again.

Since he’s playing a Mosaic sin, if he joined public TZ games, he would just be deleting all the mobs and other players wouldn’t even be able to keep up and the runs would be ruined.

In this scenario loaders makes more sense, but that’s only because Blizzard doesn’t want to be a game company anymore.

I think there is a missconception here. Did I solo XP in full games? Yes. Did I something to violate Blizzard EULA? No! But no matter the facts, you have your opinions that you are convicted to be true. So I will ignore any further comments concerning this topic (as nothing sustainable will come out of it). Anyone who is interested in facts may check the VoD and make sense of what they see anyhow.

I totally slept 5:37 in the four days. This was achieved by training myself to “powernap” for the last year (being father to a toddler/working in management/being active in gender equality and sharing the chores 50/50 helped in the preparation).

Generally I won’t recommend to do that and if you check my PoV you see that after the naps I was basically on “autopilot” for one or two hours (so not at my best). It helped immensely that Mosaic is widely overpowered and basically unkillable in the fade build I used - playing any other character I think I would have died at some point.

Back in 1.10 there was the “20 Games per hour” limitation (that could be circumvented using mulitple Game Keys). Absolute time limits (like 16 hours a day) would create unfair conditions as the terror zones have a real huge impact for your XP (e.g. Tal Rashas Tombs by far the best zone contributed more than 10 percent of Level 98 to 99 in one hour). Depending on your timezone this is really tricky (e.g. EU has 22 hours for the first day available, the US only 8).

<3

I have prepared my compilation of “learnings” as I have participated in now three races to 99 (ranking two times second and now finally achieving my goal). One proposal will be to cap solo XP (so that group terror zones will yield more XP than Soloing them on P8), the other to remove the “refresh charges” function of Mosaic in order to achieve some sort of equalizer. I have been supported by people that I play this game with since 2001, however their actual ingame support has been quite limited after Level 89 due to XP mechanics.

1 Like

Hmm… I see. To solve that I would make it there is no RNG TZ aspect to it, and instead a different system, possibly dungeon instances.

I don’t like that the competitive nature of the race is to deprive yourself of sleep, and I don’t really enjoy spectating someone in that zombified state either lol, (no offense, I know it’s hard to do and respect the grind).

If I were making an ARPG I think I would do 13 - 16 hour limits, and then the competitive “race” mode would be locked for 8-9 hours on that account. Other non-ranked modes would remain open if someone really wanted to play with their character that badly.

I think it gives the race more integrity, and for those that have less time don’t feel like they’re missing out as much.

I mean if you want to make your own rules and name your title world first by making your own rules, so be it. But, you are not competing with the population because most gamers don’t buy 7 accounts. You may not want to discuss the bots you put in game, but I can see the automation to them. You are not allowed by terms of service to use software that automates gameplay, including entering and joining games. So you may not want to discuss it, but I am reporting you now because it is obvious that 7 bots don’t join a game simultaneously on their own without software or hardware automation. Which is against terms of service. Specifically, “Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.”

Using the auto join function of your bot is cheating and gains you an advantage. I hope you get banned from the leaderboard for life as you were dumb enough to actually post a video of it.

3 Likes

literally. even saved video of himself cheating because he needed praise so badly. bought his own players 8 and bragged about winning a ladder solo. reminds me of a multiboxer in EQ that used to brag about being the highest DPS “single player” in the world. He bought 50 accounts and pressed one button.

op automated 7 characters, he cheated, he should be banned and removed from ladder.

2 Likes

do it without mosaic and i might be impressed.

i mean, good for you, you’ve been a top competitor for a few seasons, but using mosaic is just… lame. i wish everyone would agree to just. not play the broken build…

there’s absolutely no honor in using the build. even if you were. say. top sorc, barb, ama, ANY OTHER CLASS even if not #1 OVERALL. more respect than earning #1 overall as an assasin. just… … no. lame. stop. who cares if you did it with the most broken build to EVER EXIST.

1 Like

You really hate Mosaic don’t you? Does it make you dc? Did a assassin beat you up?

I find this interesting & relevant.
I will never reach level 99, doesnt matter if it is ladder or none ladder.
I admire you, good work.

<3

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I just went and checked the top 10 on the leader board.
5 Assassins, 3 Sorceresses, 1 Barbarian and 1 Paladin.
Spots 2 through 6 had an even split of 3 Sorceresses and 3 Assassins, with Sorc’s taking spots 2, 3 and 6.
Given that half the top 10 chose Assassin, and 3 of the top 5 chose Assassin, I’d say you selected a popular character, and a good one to run with the competition.

I also believe it to be naive for anyone to think all the top competitors/contenders are not utilizing a similar/same method to win the race.
And Ya, I think Mosiac is crazy, I have a friend who has one well built at lvl96… but I have a pretty well built Javazon at lvl97 and depending on where we play together, one of us is basically just chasing/watching the other… if you blow the screen up in a hit or two, or a toss or two, does it really matter if it can do P100 or whatever? At P8 either blows up the screen and beyond, and, that’s as high a player count as we get… so…

And I think you’re crazy to do that to yourself.
Having said that, admittedly, it took preparation/planning dedication/commitment and I have an appreciation for all those things.
So, congrats on achieving your goal.

ETA;
Just realized you did this HardCore… so the standings I note above are inaccurate…
Assassin’s took the top 3 spots… you did make a good choice.

1 Like