Pvp balance in d2r is over!

You think stun was the reason Smite is OP vs “other melee”?

1 Like

These explains a few things indeed. Excample. Why Barbarian Leap felt strange…
I am not much PvP player myself, but PvP is a important as PvM in D2.
Back then …when even Chaos sanctuary mobs did cast iron maiden curses(i stopped playing before a removal). They also removed magical attack from a Barbarian arsenal ? what was is called… spectral something ?
Cannot talk about Softcore side but what i did see even back then while was playing witha friends PvP was big part of a game even in PvM area…wich was mostly higher player targeting a levelling “naabs” myself including while giving a boost or something. Never understood this hostility againts those type of a players. Its part of a game, and actually made even levelling experience and open games far more interesting then “fail safe” stuff wich is nowadays target priority.

Also seems i came to play late in a season, but i also have one rant in this game… unstable FPS… though Blizzard would have learned from it already since back then when ping was high as 3000-4000 due people explaining duping etc…

Anyway back to topic… hopefully they fix PvP back its glory being part of a game. Wasnt that a case when they did bring back “Diablo 2” and its nostalgia… not to repeat Diablo 3.

It’s not the stun, it’s the always hit that’s disgusting. It’s basically a melee ranged spell that does physical damage.

Stun would make other builds simply miss, even Smite vs Smite. PB Smiter would loose 90% of the time vs Berserker simply because of range. Your client may show that you hit but server side you are stunned and doing no damage.

Smite is uninterruptible, PB loses to BA solely because of range. Stun has nothing to do with it. Please actually know what you’re taking about before you start making claims.

2 Likes

You simplified it but I know I’m right. There are alot of factors at play, ping being the major one. S v S the first to hit usually wins, also whomever walks faster. Now stun lock isn’t a factor after the first hit the better built pal will win. Id wager a Zealot now has a better chance vs Smite. Uninterruptable isn’t absolute, especially if you get caught just before the wind up.

Smite vs smite barring Tap can kill in 3 to 4 hits. It’s basically first hit wins given similar gear, stun has negligible effects. Smite will win vs zeal 99% of the time give similar gear levels even with no stun. Smite hits 100% of the time, zeal you’re lucky if you’re hitting 1/5 hits. Stun is negligible in melee duels in general, if you wanna make smite fair vs melee, take away always hit, stun does jack all in making it a fair fight in melee.

It’s in vs caster fights that stun matters most, especially for melee characters to catch them.

1 Like

lets be serious, if two pure zealers duel and one decide to smite the other, i bet he will win with 1 in smite XD

2 Likes

Probably, thats what Zeal duels devolve into usually.

Have you even done gm melee duels? Smite is BM, if you smite in melee duels you get ganked.

No such thing as gm melee anymore. You mean JSP sponsered elitist duels? No, cant say I have. Its not GM if you get your gear from JSP, sorry.

If by judging the quality of some of these ridiculous comments, more like demons dragging the characters kicking and screaming to hell.

Gm just means not using casters, not using WW, not using smite. Gear has nothing to do with it.

Not sure which rock you are from but certain items are barred from gm melee such as Grief, elemental damage, eth Fort etc. This is the major problem with your version of gm and mine. If it comes to “gm” the one with the most fg wins right? Not really gm at all.

Pub gm melee duel, nothing leet like you’re talking about. Only item requirements are no tap and no amp. You don’t need FG get exile. I played during LoD and I’ve beaten deck out characters with my self found. In D2R rare bugged items don’t exist any more, you’re fully capable to gearing an endgame character without jsp. If you’re complaining about jsp affecting duels, it effects all types of dueling not just melee. Some people are just richer and will have better gear. It has been the same since LoD and why is it a problem now?

Anyways jsp this has nothing to do with FHR, which os what the OP is talking about. You’re trolling or derailing on purpose.

1 Like

No, but has alot to do with your corrupt vision of gm melee duels.

You’re have a corrupt elitist view of gm melee duels not me.

Grief isn’t allowed in true gm duels. How hard is that to comprehend?

Pub gm melee not elitist jsp duels you’re talking about. How hard is that to understand.

You’re trolling at this point, this has nothing to do with fhr.

Conversation devolved into a Z v Z but you brought lvl 1 Smite into the battle. SMDH.