Pvp balance in d2r is over!

if by starting to adapt you mean gave up and said the game was over…

see i was posting in this thread

The changes are mostly good, new builds are viable now. Foh and nec are pretty OP though, but at least foh can be abosrbed, however they also have Smite, one of the most OP skills in gaming history, necro cannot be absorbed at all.

Fhr is stil useful… you respond faster with it, what is gone is FHR lock which was mostly dumb.

About 100 players in D2:LoD, that ran about 1-5K bots each for 20 years, and pvped 1 hour a week by scheduling it 3 weeks in advance, have the delusion D2:LoD was alive because of them… no the servers were kept alive due to Diablo 3 and now 4, to keep the franchise alive. D2:LoD died in 2003-2006 at the most, botters killed it

1 Like

saying its over is a overstatement, but the game got so worse i can understand people. And yeah people who loved the game for 20 years started to leave it because of that patch. Thats saying a lot

1 Like

10 people? What did they do go back to the original?
Do you know those people you speak for or is this just random claim?

you know there is pvp communities with hundred of people ? And yes, i know a good part of those people

2 Likes

hey ive written something about it
may take a look

its constructive and explains alot

1. remove the new ludicrous limitation of “Leap now has minimum height and duration”. Why are you deliberately trying to ruin BvC? As if it’s not one of the most demanding/complex PvP builds already…
  2. Please fix the whirlwind bugs - see this great video D2R PvP Glitches - Whirlwind is Broken - YouTube which demonstrates the problems with WW
  3. revert the FHR mechanic to how it was! now it is an inconsistent nonsensual madness!
  4. character inspection
  5. show ilvl on items
  6. hotkey to view the stats of the socketed jewels in items (separated/standalone from the item’s innate stats)
  7. currency tab for stacking runes/gems/jewels/keys/etc
  8. maybe 3 more shared stash tabs and significantly increased character slots per account (if you wish, monetize those features, we’ll gladly pay $$)

Please take special care for PVP. D2 is alive for 22 years mostly because of us PVP players (we are actually your hardcore gamers playerbase with 30++k hours playtime, so please don’t neglect us). Currently PVP is absolutely destroyed in D2R, majorly due to 2 aspects:

(1) With patch 2.4 the FHR mechanic is fundamentally changed, actually it is simplified and, more or less, destroyed… See, we don’t need concepts like “diminishing returns” and “cooldowns” in D2; it’s just not that kind of game! Please revert the FHR as it was! Please see this great video Hit recovery testing on 2.4 (PTR) - YouTube which demonstrates the severe problems with the new FHR concept. What personally pains me is that Leap is now a joke, completely destroys the BvC barbarian PVP build, which was already amongst the more challenging/demanding builds to play anyway. With this new “diminishing returns”/“temporary immunity to FHR” mechanic, now it’ll be very hard to chain-lock, chain-stomp, etc. Duels will last forever (e.g. 70min per duel) because you no longer can do a proper combo (especially as a melee hero) as your opponent will just be able to immediately teleport away all the time… the clear outcome is that PVP becomes less skill-demanding, less exciting, unremarkable and really not fun playstyle; it becomes genereic, like the plenty other modern games. The only way to play PVP will be with a selected few ranged heroes brainlessly shooting spells from 2 screens away (e.g. bone necro, sorcs, bowazons, etc) playing passively. Say goodbye to melee and semi-melee heroes. By introducing this harmful concept of temporary FHR-immunity you basically reduce the complexity of PVP. Sure, this way you make it more accessible to the casual players with slow fingers who lack skills. But let’s acknowledge the fact that those casual players will anyway do a couple of duels, then leave and move on with their lives. So let’s not forget that PVP is actually a game mode destined for the professional, dedicated, hardcore playerbase with superior gaming skills, APM and low reaction time. In the end, it is us PVP players who invested tens of thousands of hours in playing D2 for the past 22 years, hence we basically kept the game alive. Because we’re passionate, because we’re junkies for the dopamine and adrenaline that the outstanding PVP rhythm in D2 gives us. Unfortunately this excitement will now come to an end if you really choose to simplify and dumb-down this important FHR mechanic. Please respect your hardcore professional gamers and please take care of our PVP scene. Let me tell you now that the new temporary FHR-immunity mechanic (and similar concepts like diminishing returns or cooldowns) is outrageous, has no place in our beloved oldschool D2, and will be the end of our exciting D2 PVP gaming. It’ll be a shame…

(2) With the recent significant damage buffs to certain skills, I see mainly 3 heroes which would be totally Overpowered in PVP: bone necromancer (bone spirit/bone spear), bowazon (guided arrow/multishot), fist of heavens paladin (in particular the so-called V/T hybrid - fister/smiter/charger). (ah, not to mention AFK auradins) The significant buffs to those skills will practically render all other characters/builds useless and obsolete.
To properly balance PVP, just add additional koefficient with which to appropriately divide the damage of the tremendously overpowered skills like bone spear/bone spirit/guided arrow/fist of heavens, etc. You know, like the already existing static damage penalty for PVP (was it 6 times less damage?). The new concept should be skill-based, so every skill that needs further damage tuning for PVP will be done with its own value/weight, e.g. 0.75x(bone spirit dmg) and 0.85x(bone spear dmg), etc.
This way bone spear/spirit can have high damage in PVM, because bone necro really struggles in PVM starting from like /players 4 and above. Yet, it won’t be overpowered in PVP due to the special penalty with a dedicated koefficient.

4 Likes

not sure you can say that i know the op hasn’t played that long at least

Triggered Steef-o ?
Cg that you can read now do you know what breakpoints was needed for PvP ?
Or how FHR and WSG worked to create skillfull balance for PvP ?

Based on your response dont think so.

No I dont, I remember bot games and 0 pvp games.

Show something for it.

Are you triggered? You responded.

Based on your response dont think so.

You think correct, I’m not triggered at all.

Nope I don’t, because pvp is such a small niche of players, it’s basically pointless.
Any other stupid comment you’d like to add?

D2 with no competitive end game sucks, grinding for the sake of grinding is gets old fast.

it never had competitive endgame and it doesnt need it either.

There are plenty of competitive pvp games out there. Diablo is none and was never one of them.

4 Likes

It did, you probably quit before that point. I don’t count mods as d2 btw.

You ignore big portion of the game and yet have the audacity to speak to the topic ROFL.

PvP is quite organized and a lot of people participate but not in public games.
Honestly I have no idea why pure PvM players have such strong bias towards it.

Is it your incompetence when you get killed by someone on your crap MF char or just because you absolutely lack deeper knowledge of D2 for PvP ?

PvP players have much deeper knowledge of D2 than PvM folks and yet its you who think you are such a fan of Diablo 2, while ignoring entire aspect of the game. Go figure :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

i respect your opinion but i never thought that d2 was a good pvp game. There “was” pvp “somewhere”. Bored people^^
i love the game because of the itemization, the effort i have to put into it (compared to all the new arpgs where you get all for free) and the build diversity. the different classes are nice and i like it to try out different “non-Meta” builds who not rly much people will play. aaaand the hc mode. :stuck_out_tongue:
you said it s over ? hmm…hmm…naaah…as long the servers will run…its NEVER over for me. D2 / D2 Res are games i can play anytime if i want to. replayability until heaven. and now with great grafics :slight_smile:

its over for me if the devs change the game to non-recognizability:
OVER TEN THOUSAND dps blabla buffs, splash dmg for melee chars because they feel unfairly treated compared to casters, (buuuhuuu :stuck_out_tongue: ) changed core mechanics like Itemization, Attributes, shallow gameplay like in d3 related to builds and atributes . then its over. And even then its just over for ME ^^ enough sheeps out there who play anything effortless just because its easy, an arpg or its from blizzard.

FHR, Fast block frame are useless after patch 2.4
why blizzard not consider pvp?
why we have been getting or buying expensive item for fhr, fast block…

plz roll back fhr, fast block frame

1 Like

It doesnt matter what your opinion about mods is.
D2 never had a meaningful competitive community, your 10 or even 100 people do not make it meaningful. You are delusional.

Hoo wow, I see where you get your ego from. They just dont go public games because they don’t exist. As a normal player you don’t even get to know pvp exists at all. Its only for the handful of stinky hardcornerds haha. The 2 times in the whole lifespan of the game I encountered someone going hostile to troll a baalrun I didn’t even see them dying so fast were they gone when they entereds the baalroom l o l

It comes from knowledge of game which you and many other PvM purist lack.
D2 is such a beautiful game and yet you lot chose willingly to ignore big part of it. Just sad.

Stinky hardcore nerds did not hear that in a decade feels nostalgic but most of us are not children anymore.

Anyway just because you are oblivious to it, means it does not exist ? That’s logical fallacy.
You know world happens outside your door even if you dont see it :sweat_smile:

Google dunning kruger effect it will enlighten you.

1 Like