Public Test Realm is dead

Testing is all but dead. People refuse to participate, so just roll it out and bring the new season. So many people not playing because reset is coming. Testing in soft core had 3 ppl in lobby, 2 games. But most of the day is nothing, no games, no ppl in lobby. The 3 people there have Chinese names, and they don’t speak English. They leave when I come into game because I guess they hate Americans. All solo games, nothing as far as multiplayer.
Like someone here said those who wanted to test have done so. Now you’re just wasting time and running people off. No one wants to keep playing chars that will soon be non ladder. Because they are ladder only players. Getting harder and harder to find ladder games. Just people giving stuff away because they know reset is coming and they plan to delete them and make room for new ladder season.
My efforts to get more people in to PTR fall on toxic ears and they just bash the idea of testing. So why do it? What’s the point at this time? Just end PTR and reset the ladder already. Stick to the plan you announced. 4 months then reset. In the words of Nike… Just do it

*Moderator: Edited to remove “Blizz” callout in title. Using words like this to call attention to your post is a violation of the forum rules.

2 Likes

Yeah, some I bet are just logging in periodically to see the zone, do a few runs, then log off.
Me included.

If we could see when each Zone is scheduled for, I bet we would see more action depending on the Zone.

5 Likes

I honestly like the idea of which zones are terrorized being an unknown factor. It keeps them more of a spontaneous event. Having “unknowns” keeps the game fresh.

9 Likes

Its a 50/50 for me… Its great during early ladder im sure when you are playing constantly, but anyone who cant be on 24/7, is at the mercy of the zone lottery.
It is what it is, I like the mechanic and it will force me to log in every hour to check if its a good zone I want to run.

1 Like

Mmm, lottery… Much like the lottery chances that we all have dropping those few items we’re all hunting for…

2 Likes

Personally think it was DoA.
Would have thought it a useless and bad patch if I didn’t expect anything, but they raised many expectations for the patch and even said “something big”, guess they meant Terror Zones, but except for a big mistake don’t see anything big in these things.
Just gonna mess up balance some more.

Well done team, just when I thought you were amateurs you proved me wrong, I will not insult the amateurs with that comparison.

2 Likes

Why do you need a second topic about exactly the same? I mean your comment on “they hate americans” just show how simple minded you are, but why create a new topic?

Grow up kid and get a job.

5 Likes

We need more things to test in PTR to attract interest. Testing Metalgrid attracted some interest. Some small changes to skills would be best to get people interested. Maybe a change to sets or unique items that are rare (like Tyrael’s Might).

1 Like

There will be websites that will give live updates for this kind of information, making the randomness more of an inconvenience.

Op brought up a good point. Whats the point of playing now, there is nothing meaningful we can carry over to non ladder. Its not like d2r has a paragon system.

I dont like the idea of making a seasonal character, investing as little time on leveling it since i know i will delete it at the end of the season.

That’s fine, I don’t care if websites notify people of what is going on… As long as people can’t zero in on specific areas being Terrorized on this date at this time over the next several months.

Me, I plan on running them if my character is able to… If my build is not suitable for the area, I’ll just run other areas until it changes…

Looking forward to A3 Spider Forest/Flayer Jungle being terrorized. :smiley:

To be honest, terror zones are not really something that I am interested in, I am also not against it, it’s just that I do not care much about it, I never felt that diablo 2 would need this. Anyway I am glad that they are going to fix a bunch of bugs in the game.

I highly doubt they left the game because you were american lol, people leave games all the time in diablo 2 without saying anything.

1 Like

First topic was trying to encourage people to test.
THIS topic is just hoping Bilzz see’s it and realizes the same.
Kid? I am 48 and played this since 1997. YOU are the Noob Not to mention how smart you are to see the difference in topics. NOT

To the others with normal replys about the PTR: It’s not as random as you think. It’s usually relevant to the person who made the game and where they are in the progress.
Popping in and doing a few runs isn’t testing. It’s not getting to know the new thing and how it really effects game play. The prebuilt chars are ok for the non ladder people who have all that stuff and chars already made. But for ladder people it makes more sense to start new chars and run through from scratch. As I and a few others have done and are doing. I have taken several chars through norm, nm and 1 I am about to kill andy in hell. Basically solo most of the time. No help from others, no rushing, just me and my own skill building chars. So I know much better then any one I have seen posting what the new features have to offer. Most of you in here are full of assumptions based on imagination. It doesn’t even affect the game much. WHen a zone pops up, if you have access to it you pop over, run through, get a little exp, then back to where you was. Sometimes a zone pops up right where you are. Like when I did Durrie in NM with a lvl 35 barb (made from scratch) It was extra hard, especially since I was just 35. No norm baal games to run, so you just push on when you feel ready. My resists was good, weapon not terrible, so I move on. Remember I am HC player. Not easy to take any char to nm lvl 35 with crap gear and tank durrie with his cold aura and you with a melee. And a merc that just dies because his gear is crap. I had fun. Been a long time since I had to do anything like that. Usually have help.
The point is, I am for rea testing several chars from scratch to see how it will affect the new ladder season, and to practice for the reset.
The zones are good, drops not much better if any. EXP is not crazy, and it might be same in the zone as where you are. Like if I am in act5 and a zone pops up in act 2, the exp I get in the zone will be relatively same as in act 5. But easier to kill. No extra mobs in solo game so the zone clears fast, then back to act 5. In baal runs a group couple do zone run, then baal each game for extra exp. But its not much different then just doing back to back baal games. It’s nothing that’s going to ruin the game. Sometimes zones are in cows. Sometimes it’s in world stone, making the exp the most it can be for those runs.
The lack of participation could cause this PTR to last way longer. Or could end it fast. It’s going to suk if the lack of participation causes it to last 2-3 times longer.

1 Like

All the required feedback for the PTR was posted during the first day of testing. Terror Zones are a very simple concept, and the flaws/fixes for them is equally as simple. GGMentor laid out a very good post with what to do for them before the season begins.

As for the players not playing PTR anymore, it’s the same reason. Terror Zones are very simple. After 15 minutes of testing, you have pretty much seen everything.

3 Likes

so boring atm
iso update

1 Like

You can’t build a char from scratch and run it to hell in 15 min.
Playing a few zones with prebuilt chars does not show you how it affects the game when ladder resets and you have nothing, no one has nothing, and you start the new ladder.
When you test drive a car do you just tool around the parking lot, or do you take it out and give it a proper test?
Required feedback? If that was the case it would have only been 24hrs long and done.

1 Like

D2 was released 2000.

Seems like you are the mad noob. You behave like a redneck teen.

False information.

XP is crazy for 97/98.
before it’s a moderate increase.

I hope it lasts 1 month, just to see you explode.

I’m hoping PTR lasts for 2 months. :wink:

1 Like

test?? and what we should test?? the terror zones? that’s easy to test by the developers, no need a whole community to test his trash “update” for free.

When they make a real update then i will test it, for now, i don’t even have any “hype” to play a new ladder.
I will play HC this new seasson, probably die 2-3 times or lose my full geared character and stop playing again, there’s nothing new, there’s no point to play ladder but fresh economy.
The main problems are still there and these developers refuse to hear them to fix them.

i can write a half book there but will be worthless until those developers hear the people.

3 Likes

I dislike terror zones, it will be the go to place so it’s not optional, it’s random so I might hit a terror zone I have no interest in and log out and wait for cows or chaos or whatever prime ones come around. Probably be a site tracker at some point for people to update.

Dunno very underwhelming update for me, seems like it will be a season thing, Season 2: Season of Terror, so maybe it will be improved or removed after season 2.

I applaud them for their work, and I do like changes, just feels poorly done but maybe this is just a piece of it.

The only thing that concerns me a bit is that if the zones are random and you are trying to rush someone through hell and suddenly the place where you needs to go turns into a terror zone lol