(PTR PvP Feedback) About fast hit recovery, wanna roll-back this changes

Character hit recovery will now have diminishing returns when being hit by another player.

In 2.4 I think the developers had good intentions / on the right path. Nobody has fun being locked via leap and mindblasted at the same time for 10+ seconds. However, the instant auto-wsg swung the pendulum too far for the PvP community. Short-term stuns are missing from the game and has completely nuked the playability of builds like the Assassin in high level PvP.

The intent of diminishing returns on hit recovery for edge cases makes sense but this is completely removing hit recovery from the game. An assassin holding mindblast should stun but right now only every-other mindblast registers.

A faster assassin used to be able to punish a slower one, a paladin could FOH for stun and telestomp a smite, druid had shockwave + cano, etc etc… The purpose of the patch here was for ‘edge cases’ while it ended up destroying all short-term stun-follow-ups.

FHR is seemingly useless since you can tele out of any situation with 0 FHR. Alternatively, some solutions to the 2.4 patch:

• The returns on stun could be linearly and your escape is determined by your FHR /FCR animation frames. The first stun length is worth 100%, the next stun is 90% length or 80% and eventually the character can escape based upon how their FHR / cast rate.
  • While having stun swirl, each stun has a reduced probability of being stunned. 100%, 85% 60% that are impacted by your FHR breakpoint.
  • Direct stun spells do not become impacted by reduced FHR. Things like smite/mindblast stun directly but give the stun swirls diminishing returns.
  • Every character gets autowsg after a period of time being stunned and that period of time is determined by your FHR breakpoint.
4 Likes

They removed glitch.

Funny is that pvp purists were complaining and demanding WSG back because stuns are insanely broken without it. And now when they are fixing stuns also, pvp purist are again complaining because they want what? Broken stuns again so they have reason to ask for broken WSG also back i guess?

2 Likes

We are trying to provide feedback to make the game playable. This doesn’t seem like it is applicable to you.

1 Like

They didn’t fix stuns, they got rid of it. The state of the game is actually worse that before. You’re surprised people are using what the ptr is actually for, to test out changes? What a pleb.

And i am commenting that. Is that forbidden?

Does it stun you or not now?

If i jump to you on barb, will you be in fhr animation?

If you played PvP you would just say oh this is totally busted and move on. There was downsides to WSG and it wasn’t instantly programmatically triggered. Even casting mindblast twice on someone is now useless. We are just trying to provide feedback on things that impact us / we know about.

1 Like

You’re not providing feedback, just snarky commentary. What’s your case for or against the change, no nothing?

Is that was a joke it was lame. Don’t quit your day job

Hmm my solution to this i suggested before 2.4 was different. I was for nerfing skills with stun directly in their mechanics. Like leap, shock wave, mind blast. I would not make change impacting FHR for everything.

Thanks, that’s helpful. Probably less game changing than what they are planning to do.

Mindblast is nuked from the game you can’t cast it twice anymore. You cant stun someone who has 0 FCR and 0 FHR, they can simply teleport out of any situation immediately. I understand adding diminishing returns on the swirls when combined with say WOF it is not instant gg. But not even stunning on each mindblast cast means if you hold it on someone, they will just telestomp you instantly. Effectively making it a dead skill and by doing so completely ending the assassin’s playability in PvP.

1 Like

How long diminishing returns effect stay tho?

Can you imagine them wanting you to actually be able to move and control your character? Shocking, I know.

2 Likes

The ‘diminishing effect’ is instant, this is absolute garbage. There is no escaping your barb with a sin, it will just telestomp me the second I cast mindblast. The barb will always be able to cast Teleport / WW regardless of their FHR and FCR and regardless of the sin’s FCR. Rinse repeat. It now runs around like a cheat code.

Everytime you got under fhr, “diminishing returns” starts immediatly and lasts for like 0,3 sec (idk the number of frames) with total immunity to stuns. Every character with 0 fcr 0 fhr under mindblast + 4 trap + wof goes out easily.

11 frames not like you really care about PvP otherwise you would know it.

Stuns are needed for many PvP builds to work and for FHR to even matter.
This is just stupid.

With this changes FHR is totaly useless stat. That is wrong.
Blizz needs to redo this. Immunity cannot be that long for free.

How about we do it based on FHR and immunity is lowest frame rate - your current.
Example for necromancer 0% FHR → 13frames FHR and → 13-13 =0 frame immunity (the last breakpoint) but lets take 86% FHR → 6frame FHR → and (13-6) = 7 frame immunity.

This would be maybe a bit better would have to be tested and adjusted.

2 Likes

But then they they attacks/jump have sma rules tho, it will get you into FHR only once. Is that just about good positioning tho? You have burst of speed so i guess you have enough speed to escape right?

Well I wanted to to try some things with players but since chat wasnt working and nobody answered in several games willing to test things, i kind of gave up on that.

Thats sounds actualy as good idea.

Maybe try to make topic suggesting that so devs can see it. Idk if they read every post in all topics.

Totally agree on these points, I think it’s good to acknowledge that we appreciate blizzard caring a bit about PvP and being open to suggestions.

Since developers don’t want to implement wsg, which I suppose is understandable since it is technically a ‘glitch’, they are struggling to find the balance of how to deal with constant stuns.

I think this current iteration in 2.4 is in the right step but they do have to acknowledge that they have swung the balance too far in the direction of getting out of stuns too easily.

Many suggestions have been proposed above which sounds interesting (e.g. actual diminishing returns, stamina use, etc.), but the important part is that we hope the developers are willing to listen to the PvP community’s feedback seriously

5 Likes

WSG already was the perfect solution here. The game had great pvp balance at the end of 1.14 and should just go back. Btw its not a glitch, removing wsg was the glitch:

Its name is a misnomer. WSG is not a glitch.

Weapon switching was intentionally made to reset animations to their default because that’s the only way it could work in the D2 engine, and the developers intentionally prohibited players from switching weapons during attack/cast animations, but allowed it at any other time, because otherwise you could exploit weapon switching to attack/cast faster than intended.

It is currently glitched, because you cannot switch weapons at all during non-idle/walk animations. Pressing the weapon switch button while in a block, dodge or hit recovery animation does nothing, you don’t switch weapons, your key press does nothing, and that creates extremely clumsy controls

3 Likes