PS4 NEEDS /players 8 ASAP!

it was not confirmed but rather he stated that they are “looking into it”.

This sentence:

"We’re also looking at adding the PC command “/players” to console so that you can increase the difficulty and rewards in offline play.’

I don’t see him stating that and not intending to add it.

5 Likes

This is very good news and practically confirmed.

1 Like

Oh that is brilliant. That’s as good as confirmed then. Players X was at least for me, one of the main drivers of why I kept playing D2 for as long as I did, simply because it made replaying the game and trying new builds a lot more fun and tolerable. With limited respeccing, being able to relatively faster try out new builds through replays of the game was important for keeping the replayability high.

2 Likes

Nor have I seen that anywhere.
I would appreciate a link to that if possible… Because it would be reassuring to at least see something in blue acknowledging that the missing playersX feature is a known issue on console and that they intend to fix that.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that. Good to know.

1 Like

That’s a good point, and well-said.

2 Likes

Agreed. PLEASE add this feature or turn it on. It should have been included without even you considering to do so… Whoever had the idea to disable it for console play should have their employment status reviewed.

2 Likes

The tweet where it’s being confirmed by Rod:

1 Like

Rod Fergusson respond about players8

This is the link where Rod says that the players8 will be implemented, but they cant commit to a timeline.

See de replys on the original tweet about his cat hairball.

Hopefully they are able to implement that function soon. Right now, fun is limited for me when you are used to play D2 with players 8 in single player, even though it has been some time…

Stability patches are out. You see less complaints except maybe accidental character deletions on reddit.

Time to get the game to full functionality on consoles!

Players X ASAP :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good to hear that missing /playersX on console is now at least acknowledged on twitter. Lets hope for a quick update
(EDIT:typo)

2 Likes

I know this is a bit of derailing the main thread but I think the option to enable /players8 should also be present for bnet characters. I don’t really think this is cheating because monster power increases proportionally and there are no synergies between players to make your life easier. Right now this is the only thing that will make farming viable on consoles.

I mean, offline mode is cool for hardcore where you can’t die because of ping, but you can’t party with other people, show them your gear etc etc. Also, a lot of hacking programs for SP effectively make farming the game useless waste of time because what’s the point if you can just open software and paint whatever you want. This is not fun.

/TLDR since MM is broken on consoles and community is mostly absent, we need a way to farm gear via /players8 on Bnet too.

3 Likes

I don’t understand this? How does it affect you if someone is altering their save file in single player?

It doesn’t it just makes offline mode not worth spending time on (for me personally) because you can get the best gear with one click and other people achievements are effectively invalidated and makes the game not fun at all.

What I propose is for online people to get the same means to farm loot as offline chars.

With the same logic you could just could buy all the gear for money. Makes no sense.

I don’t see a difference in the achievement of finding your rare items online versus offline. If anything it’s more of an achievement to do it offline as you can’t trade.

Anyways, regarding your proposal, slash players have always been an offline only command. It will not come to online.

That just shows the game was a rushed cash grab

No, the logic is completely different. It is far harder to get items by paying real world money and being scammed on a regular basis than open free software program and draw any gear you want with a single mouse click. A lot less people will do that. Also, ladders.

Again, I’m not against offline, I just don’t care about it and don’t consider farming there an achievement.

Anyways, offline mode stays as-is, we just need to fix empty MM and /players8 is an ideal option for it that is already in the game.