PS4 NEEDS /players 8 ASAP!

Ikr. Maybe he’d like to have an onscreen keyboard and type /px.

Because the players command is something you have to change everytime you start a new game (the setting doesn’t persist between games) AND is something you wanna change several times while in a game.

I would have prefered if it was placed on the emote wheel.

I’m still happy it’s finally comming in december!

2 Likes

Username checks out :stuck_out_tongue:

But in all seriousness, I agree 100%: Changing via the emote wheel would have been consistent with the non-existent chat feature and entry mode on PC via chat.

Also it would have been much more convenient.

On the other hand the multiplayer folks have a long list of issues to be addressed, so I’ll settle for a slider in the options. Better than without in any case.

Since the loading times prevent me from fast runs anyway, I’ll probably opt for full clears of whole acts at higher player settings so it won’t be an issue for me…

1 Like

Because this difficulty setting is not like other games. Or do you have to change the difficulty again when you load up a save in other games?

It should be like in D2 Legacy, it saves between game sessions, but resets if you completely close the game. Or like add a toggle option if you want it reset or to stay. Imagine doing /p7 LK runs where you have to go into options and change it every game, it takes a few seconds to do so you waste precious time on every run. I hope they change it.

1 Like

Do we know you have to change it every time? Haven’t really seen them say that but no clue

Editing my post. I was completely wrong.

According the the photo of the option itself, the option resets every game session. You WILL have to change it every time.

When changes occur is still confusing. The picture says “These settings take effect immedialty in an offline game”

However, the write up says “As in Diablo II Classic, you’ll have to start a new game session to set your preferred difficulty with the slider”

Also note that is in the “options” menu, where a single player game is paused. This could be convenient for changing on the fly.

1 Like

Plus one for making it into a command on the emote wheel. The players command need to be fast (lk runs) and fluid (change from p8 to p3 between waves/baal). Going to the options menu is everything but that. Also there is absolutely no reason for me to ask for a tp in sp….

Its fine in the menu. It takes me less than a second to open then menu, scroll over to options, press down to select save and exit, then press x to save and exit.

Yeah, this will be slower, but its fine in the menus. Once you get the hang of it, it will be 2-3 seconds to change it. If that is too slow for you, perhaps you are changing it too often. If it was on the emote wheel, you’d have people complaining about accidentally changing it.

2 Likes

Look, its ok for sure. But it still doesnt make sense. PC gets quickcast, a definite upgrade over vanilla, in the same patch that console gets playersX… in the menu. How about they make the difficulty setting static, but you can also change it in the game menu? Give a teeny advantage to console on that little thing? The same way PC gets autocast? Its an awesome port. An awesome brilliant port. But its still ten miles behind pc and we all know that. Telestomp doesnt exist and half of the meta doesnt exist because of it. Targeting a firewall is ridiculous (but oddly satisfying). Binding an aura or tk to A (circle on ps i guess?) makes the game crash a million times… i mean just try to make playersx BETTER not subpar on console. Its a small effort that will be greatly appreciated.

Well Im just happy I get to play the game on console, sure, its not the same gameplay experience as the old version on pc that I remember. But still, I get to play it for a great nostalgic experience on my ps4. And the news about the /players option is being added soon makes me even more thrilled to play.

Maybe its a more complicated way to set the players on… but its still a better way than no way at all.

Maybe in time it’ll be updated, who knows…

Im just glad I finally get to grind /players 8!

1 Like

Still not patched.

So anyone knows if theres a date or something for this fix ? All i saw is that its “around” december. But when?

Early December is all they’ve said so far

No one is fixing player 8, someone decided 4 player was best for switch so… ur screwed.

I’d be fine with just /players 3 as it would still turn up loot volume considerably

I’m playing right now on my Xbox Series S, finally I can choose the /players option.
Thanks Blizzard! Better later then never

For those who never started playing D2R with an active online subscription (PS plus, etc), they didn’t got the fourth setting tab ‘Game settings’ so for now, a part of console playerbase still cannot play with a desired PX as the rest since this new feature is inside the mentioned tab and not in the Gameplay tab

2 Likes

I’m the only one that scale player on ps4 doesn’t work? sometimes it works but not always and no notification to know if it works.

2 Likes

I messed around with it a bit last night and it appears to work every time for me. However, a notification would be REALLY nice just to confirm it is working. Just a little bit of text under location and difficulty on top right.

Side note: The change to seeing what immunity monsters have is really nice.

Had to purchase 1 mon PSN just so I can get the Game Settings tab for my Offline Character. Good thing I still have some change when I bought the game.

2 Likes