Ploot is really about

i LOVE LEECHERS. I go grief them via NPC.

Could you show me that tweet because I do not see it. In contrast, I can show you hs tweet from September 16.

Your link is to a tweet saying, “Let’s talk about it after we ship.” Not sure where you are getting any ideas that Blizzard is still talking about ploot. If you didn’t know, Rod likes to open up dialogue and discuss things. That doesn’t mean what people reply with will happen.

I don’t. I just know what has been said about D2R in terms of interviews and tweets. Blizzar/VV have been consistent since D2R announcement that additional changes (e.g. balance changes) could be coming to D2R if the players want them in multiple interviews from multiple Blizzard/VV folks.

You also need to read the tweets that Rod responded from late August to see what “it” refers. I see that you failed to mention that.

Below is the link to all of Rod’s late August tweets in context.
https://imgur.com/a/6MAmMMP

1 Like

No there store page and advertisements say its a remaster thats it not a remaster+

“Diablo® II: Resurrected™ is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo® II. Pursue the mysterious Dark Wanderer and fight the denizens of hell as you uncover the fate of the Prime Evils Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, now in up to 4K (2160p) resolution on PC.”

If you can’t tell the difference between “no ploot” and “let’s talk about it” you should just see yourself out.

So where do auto gold pick up, controller support with target firing, controllers functioning as pickits, cold mastery nerf, shared stash, and a 20 character creation limit fit in?

Gold pickup is not a core function of the game. controller support was added because of the port to consoles and cold mastery wasn’t nerfed it was fixed.

If you can’t tell that by the time we get a STABLE, PLAYABLE game…that option will be completely off the table.

With new ladder runewords, returning cut features, and database/server/regional connection fixes/rewrites, by the time those are completed, PLoot will be a lost conversation that will just get flamed everytime it comes up.

We can discuss us hitting the lottery all we want. The odds of it happening are super low. And if you say “Well, then people will leave”…GOOD. We don’t want negative “change this, change that” people around here anyway.

2 Likes

You also need to read the tweets that Rod responded from late August to see what “it” refers. I see that you failed to mention that.

LOL! So now you are going back to August?

When you find a more direct tweet than, “Relax. We’re not doing it.” Please let me know. Until then, Rod has officially said, they are not doing ploot.

K?Thx

FFA loot is not a core function of the game.
Oops!

Gold medal in mental gymnastics for you!

Again u rly dont understand. Get a brain srsly. What is core function blizzard decide not u. What u dont get? Srsly??? They define what the core is not u. Also it says its a remastered version not a remaster only. A remastered version can have new added maps and skills and whatever. And controller support was added to pc aswell.

I am showing you that it is not as clear as you think even for Rod’s tweets in August. I gave image link and all tweets in context.

while FFA loot may not be the single core function of the game. Trading is and if there is PLOOT there is no trading therefore FFA IS a core function of the game.

Ploot != BoP loot. Thanks for your support!

I didnt say it was BoP loot. I said it kills trading therefore its hurting the core function of the game.

Loot distribution is a core funtion of ARPG’s you can complain all you want you bought a remaster not a remake.

1 Like

Ploot does not mean account bound. Diablo 3 has always had ploot. For the first ~2 years the game had ploot, low drop rates, and free trade with 2 auction houses to support trade.

In Blizzard’s first D2R survey, did Blizzard themselves ask about having personal loot in D2R? Hint: the answer is yes.

David Brevik, the original creator of D2/D2:LoD, said that if he could go back in time, he would replace FFA loot with instanced loot and it would not fundamentally alter the game.

1 Like

go play d3 and remove yourself from sight

3 Likes

The “it” here refers to removing FFA loot at launch or afterwards. Please read the tweet that Rod responded to.

No. It wasn’t. It was in response to ploot.

“Take a deep breath and relax. We’re not doing it. I think it’s ok to have the discussion and understand the implications and expectations of other players. You’re literally fighting against something that isn’t being done.”