Ploot is really about

it’s nice you agree finally

Diablo® II: Resurrected™ is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo® II

Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.

really? when was the last time nintendo patched mario bros 3? or when was the last time atari patched pong? wtf are you talking about.

really? when was the last time nintendo patched mario bros 3? or when was the last time atari patched pong? wtf are you talking about.

Diablo® II: Resurrected™ is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo® II

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the last major content patch was 1.13 that was like 11 years ago. even checking past patch notes for it the game hasn’t had a major content patch in like a decade I don’t know what your talking about

3 Likes

The last patch that actually changed the core game was;

Patch 1.10 , released October 28, 2003

1.14 exists and made the game playable for people on windows 10 you might consider that a minor patch but changing a game to work natively on an entirely different operating system architecture that is no minor feat on top of that the d2 forums from 2010 when patch 1.13 went live said that 1.13 wouldn’t be the final major patch so even if you don’t count 1.14 you should still be expecting another patch then.

why u say once , ploot won’t be added . Dumbest idea people can think of. We played 20 years without it and we will play 20 more years without it.

4 Likes

1.14 exists and made the game playable for people on windows 10 you might consider that a minor patch but changing a game to work on an entirely different operating system architecture is no minor feat on top of that the d2 forums from 2010 when patch 1.13 went live said that 1.13 wouldn’t be the final major patch so even if you don’t count 1.14 you should still be expecting another patch then.

1 Like

Ploot = single player

It exists already?

6 Likes

Oh so you think making it work on modern OS’s is the same as changing core mechanics… lets look at the patch notes for 1.14

Specific Changes & Improvements

• No need to run in XP mode anymore, Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 compatibility complete
  • Mac installer and compatibility for 10.10 and 10.11 has arrived
  • First client run will migrate saved characters to avoid issues from Windows system admin changes

Known Issues

• Mac 10.9 and earlier are not supported

Soooo many gameplay changes I know hitting XP compatibility mode was a core aspect of the D2 experience.

well if you don’t count 1.14 as the next major patch than we just have to wait because
https://ibb.co/Jj1GKYZ
yeah the major patch hasn’t come in a timely fashion but i for one am excited to see it.

well if you don’t count 1.14 as the next major patch than we just have to wait because
https://ibb.co/Jj1GKYZ
yeah the major patch hasn’t come in a timely fashion but i for one am excited to see it.

lol. Why hello there, chicken little.

PLoot is about playing with your friends and not being punished for it.

Funny that u repeat the same thing without understanding what is written.

Where does it say the game is a remaster only? Its remastered version. Which means it got upgraded visuals and sound. It still is a remastered version even if it got ploot or even if new characters got added.
The visuals or sound wont change back to old since u add those things. Also if u read the rest which u refuse to quote it clearly says it offers more than a remastered version.

And again classic gameplay is what blizz consider what classic gameplay is for them. They decide what is included in classic gameplay not u. And not any other purist. They kept it vague so they could make changes to attract more ppl.

U so stuck at the words and still u dont read or understand what is written.

1 Like

You forget that you can preserves something and add optional features. For example, D2/D2:LoD never had auto-gold pickup. D2R has this as an option. Are you actually arguing that we should get rid of that option?

The original D2/D2:LoD did not have a shared stash (let alone 3). Should we get rid of that too? Wasn’t the essential D2/D2:Lod experience muling?

The original D2/D2:Lod has 6x8 storage chest. D2R ha 10x10 should we get rid of that too? Wasn’t the essential D2/D2:LoD experience having very little storage space per character.

D2R has 28 and counting changes relative to D2/D2:LoD. I think anyone who looks at these changes know that this game now constitutes a remake, irrespective of their marketing.

The reality is the D2R already has 28 changes and counting.

Do you always believe marketing when reality is something else?

1 Like

Where does it say the game is a remaster only?

Righ here;
“preserved”

I notice you did not respond to the fact that the game has 28 changes and counting. I guess you fell for the marketing and not reality.

28 Changes In D2: Resurrected [+More Post-Launch] - General Discussion - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com)

1 Like

I notice you did not respond to the fact that the game has 28 changes and counting. I guess you fell for the marketing and not reality.

Want to know why? Because that list is reaching and really a lot of nonsense. If we want to get that picky, there are way more…

With that said, only one of the changes is a fundamental change, and we already had a workaround for it in the original game.

You have a different sense of what is fundamental.

No WSG
No ebug
No TCP/IP
Optional auto-gold pickup

Also, Blizzard has already said that new features are coming, so…

1 Like

You have a different sense of what is fundamental. Also, Blizzard has already said that new features are coming, so…

Yeah? And when those new features are all related to a modernized Lobby, are you gonna still be crying about ploot?