Ploot is really about

You don’t remaster a game by changing it. They literally advertised it with the words
“the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.”

You don’t preserve the game by changing the core mechanics. Sorry you bought a remaster when you wanted a remake.

3 Likes

oh sorry i didn’t realize you were trolling i thought you actually thought removing one of the core tenants of the game was a remaster

That is because ploot was not invented when D2 was being developed.

Exactly and it has no place in the remastered version either.

Diablo® II: Resurrected™ is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo® II

Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.

2 Likes

if they remove the core aspect of the fact that the game gets patches and changes over time i would have bought a remake and not a remaster if they keep to their word and give me the same diablo 2 i know and love (one that changes over time) then i will get the remaster i paid for.

oh sorry i didn’t realize you were trolling i thought you actually thought removing one of the core tenants of the game was a remaster

You are obviously trolling. You are literally trying to change the meaning of words to fit your narrative.

Pathetic.

no you are, lol you say removing a huge core aspect of the game is not changing it. that is the biggest bag of bull i have ever heard.

Diablo® II: Resurrected™ is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo® II

you keep repeating why they need to patch the game and update it, because that is the diablo 2 that we know and love if it didn’t get updates and patches we would have diablo 2 1.0 and it would never have been as big as it was/is.

you keep repeating why they need to patch the game and update it, because that is the diablo 2 that we know and love if it didn’t get updates and patches we would have diablo 2 1.0 and it would never have been as big as it was/is.

1 Like

“People” will never be satisfied with the amount of good drops they’re getting.

Meanwhile, everyone else is doing just fine.

2 Likes

exactly 15+ years of patches, that is the diablo 2 i know and love

Diablo 2 hasn’t gotten a major content patch in years. the game is pretty much finished and was just in maintenance mode. this is a remaster of that game its going to stay pretty much the exact same.

4 Likes

Exactly.

“People” keep wanting to push some sort of agenda that this is a “live service” game.

It’s not.

4 Likes

but then it wouldn’t be a remaster of the classic d2 i know and love. i didn’t pay for a game 21 years ago that wouldn’t get patched and updated why should i expect a remaster that was released 5 years after the last major patch which was released 6 years after the major patch before it to not get patches?

exactly 15+ years of patches, that is the diablo 2 i know and love

but then it wouldn’t be a remaster of the classic d2 i know and love. i didn’t pay for a game 21 years ago that wouldn’t get patched and updated why should i expect a remaster that was released 5 years after the last major patch which was released 6 years after the major patch before it to not get patches?

1 Like

d2 was a live service game, if d2r isn’t that would make it not a remaster it would be changing the type of game which is like changing the genre of music when remastering it that would be insane.

d2 was a live service game, if d2r isn’t that would make it not a remaster it would be changing the type of game which is like changing the genre of music when remastering it that would be insane.

1 Like

No, it was a game that got patched. Just like all games get patches.

That doesn’t mean it’s a live service game.

2 Likes

it’s nice you agree finally