Ploot is really about

Leechers get all the loot atm. The one who attack cant pick up loot. The leechers sit and stack and w8 for others to kill. And controller or pickit and u surely get all gears. If something ploot will hurt the leechers.

1 Like

B.s. people just don’t want to worry about pickit / hackers and controller users and have a fair shot in a GROUP to be able to loot and have fun.

All I do now is go in public games and solo baal in 8 players or something because FFA loot is the most stupid thing ever.

2 Likes

i know i know its hard to believ for some of you die hard D2s but
a lot of people actually have friends and
they enjoy spending time together

1 Like

If you are going to use the D3 boogeyman, at least get the facts right. D3 had personal loot AND trade for nearly two years, even had an auction house to facilitate trade. Drop rates were balanced towards favoring the auction houses, which is why drops rates (mixed with itemization) was poor during the first few months. When they removed the auction house in the Reaper of Souls prepatch, they increased drops, added smart loot, and restricted trade. D3 gets a bad rap for drop rates raining, however if you play the base game at the pre-Tormant difficulties, the drop rate is decent. The problem was constant difficulty and drop scaling upwards, as well as overall itemization (which let’s be honest, D2s itemization, while better, is not as great as people claim). None of this has personal loot as the root cause.

With that said, the allocated loot that people have been advocating for is fine. It really doesn’t change much in terms of the meta (people will still farm solo) however I don’t feel it would be rewarding for people to use for group MFing/Rune Hunting as they think it would. It would be perfectly fine for questing and boss runs/cow runs. So I do see the fear of some that they would raise the drop rates to accommodate personal loot if made into an option, similar to how the mods raise the no drop rate base to players 5. Which really, with most of the QoL argued for, is distinctly against the original cores of the game anyways (shared stash, stacking, charm inventories, MOARRRR space, muling in general being against the concept of limited space). Loot filters that people argue for is also against the nature of “competitive” loot, which was supposed to be “shared” in the first place, not competed against for.

In any case, ramifications of personal/instanced/increased drop rate would be game would need an item sink; a way to both promote trade and remove items from the economy. While the Corruption system might be a bit much for folks, something similar could work. However, I personally feel whatever choice the devs go with, will have what the current playstyle of players is, in mind. In other words, I have seen complaints about controllers looting faster, at the cost of accuracy, people want mouse/keyboard support on consoles, folks have asked about cross play, etc. If these things come to fruition, I can see the loot system switching to a personal/instanced loot setting to accommodate the scale of what players have been asking for.

Lastly, just like the devs stated that logging into a game to throw all of your items to the ground, then logging out and back in on another character to pick up adds nothing to the game, scrambling around a boss to grab loot you don’t even see hit the ground doesn’t add anything to the game either. That is not competition, that is just blind chance and greed.

I’m still in the ballpark of wanting a skill bar for keyboard and some balance changes as my priorities ~shrug~ Devs have stated in a pre-launch interview that they don’t make out of the box games anymore, it’s a live service. Don’t be shocked when updates happen.

3 Likes

i know i know its hard to believ for some of you die hard D2s but
a lot of people actually have friends and
they enjoy spending time together

Then there should be no problem splitting loot between friends.

Oh…they are only friends until Ber drops, right? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Do you even read what i asnwered to?
And no again (and i get that now) you people have no honor and no manners and because you make a huge portion of the playerbase you fear eachother. Its unlike anything i have ever seen in any game.

I couldnt give a damn about a Ber.
I would never compromise my integrity for a fictional digital nonfactor.
Your very assumption of me or any of my friends betraying me for a Ber just screams:
touch grass.

like now

1 Like

Do you even read what i asnwered to?
And no again (and i get that now) you people have no honor and no manners and because you make a huge portion of the playerbase you fear eachother. Its unlike anything i have ever seen in any game.

I couldnt give a damn about a Ber.
I would never compromise my integrity for a fictional digital nonfactor.
Your very assumption of me or any of my friends betraying me for a Ber just screams:
touch grass.

like now

You missed my point entirely. If you play with friends, there should be no reason that you cannot share loot.

If you want personal loot, play private games. It is all personal then. Or…here’s an idea, play a game that was built on the foundation of personal loot.

You are correct. I have seen multiple complaints about the drop rate. In contrast to your hypothesis, D2R is FFA. You can not blame ploot advocates for this.

That chain has already started with FFA loot. I wonder if adding optional ploot can put a stop to this chain of events.

I played D3 a quite a lot, and I did have fun with it however they made numerous mistakes, loot being one, removing pvp, butchering the story, etc. D3 was completely designed around the auction house which became very apparent as you tried to progress your character. The current state of D3 in regards for loot was solutions implemented to try and fix the game with one of the core features being removed.
The people crying for ploot is because they are not happy with the number of quality drops they are getting, they are likely used to D3 throwing hundreds of legendaries at them per hour, and implementing ploot will not satisfy them. You better believe if they manage to get ploot implemented the next big cry will be to increase drop rates.

1 Like

Huh.
.20 characters.

1 Like

For the 100000000000000th time

NO.

1 Like

Wrong ploot is not why legendaries rain from the sky. First off all chars in D3 have thier own loot table problome 1 and D3 has smart loot. Problem 2. Where the game trys to read how ur building/playing the char and trys to drop items u will use.

Ploot in no way is increasing drop rates in D3. All ploot does is allow players in D3 to have there won loot. Ploot or not drop rates are still the same in D3 either way. Another issue in D3 is drop rates are just sky high.

Agreed. Well said.

20chars

the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved. that part

1 Like

If you’re crying for ploot, be quicker and get those drops first. We don’t need it here.

Drops are fine in the game, and that rush of trying to snag that unique or rune is one of the main reasons people continue to play.

I always see complaints about pickit or bots on here and it really shows who’s not paying attention since the launch of D2R. They don’t exist, and if they do, they don’t last long. The new and improved Warden works extremely well.

But you need to include the potions, arrows, keys, etc. because they drop. You don’t get to not include items. I’m not saying D3’s itemization system is better. D3 traded rarity of drops for “quality” of drop, and then threw in sheer number of drops. You may get the legendary you want the but usability of it will be atrocious, and then the sheer number of drops means you’ll get a decent one eventually.

Why do you think the drop rate of items in D3 has anything to do with personal loot? Why does the game dropping items per-person matter? Are you once again suggesting ploot must be implemented by creating X number of drops for each person? Literally every ploot thread discusses the idea to keep the number of drops in D2 the same. There’s a lot of people against ploot that keep making stuff up about it and I don’t understand why.

D3 has a higher drop rate due to a couple things, mainly because as you crank up the GR, your magic find goes to ridiculous levels, raising the drop count, because there was no other way to reward you apart from drastically changing how the game or itemization works. The drop rates around T6 are still fairly sane, I think, but after that it just becomes bonkers.

It’s this toxic attitude that drives people away from a game. Do you want the community to grow? Or shrink.

Are you sure about that? Granted, only Blizzard can tell us either way, with the number of solo games vs. multiplayer games. It is commonly accepted wisdom that you shouldn’t use public games for gearing. There’s a very good reason for that.

can you all stop your complaining about not getting ploot. or are you idiots just trying to ruin an old game that they are trying to… lets say fix for now

1 Like

Well if they make ploot a thing it must be accompanied with online /player 8 and uniques and runes BOP.

I would want ploot because it would increase my fun, even if the system was done in a way that didnt increase loot. It would take away a lot of anxiety from my ventures into public games. Cuz in the end, its all about fun.

But I also understand why people wouldnt want it, being that it changes a very core function of this old game. I used to advocate for ploot, but now I just want the game to function better before all else xD

EDIT: as i post this diablo crashes in the background haha :frowning_face:

Controller says hi. I support a more fair system.

3 Likes