Ploot is really about

Who conducted the survey & how were unique submissions verified?

If they are making significant game changes based on player feedback it should most definitely be presented/offered by blizzard to the users upon logging into the D2R client.

And ya I would argue that your sample size is statistically insufficient. How many tens (or hundreds) of thousands of people polled for the 2016 presidential election had the loser pegged at a 99% chance of victory? All of the D2R players need an opportunity for the feedback to be heard.

This has already been discussed on the forum.

For the three Blizzard surveys on D2R not related to the alpha/beta, Blizzard sent their surveys to a representative sample of those whose opinions they were interested in.

The idea that Blizzard samples only users that log into the D2R client is frankly a wretched idea. Presumably, Blizzard wants to know the opinions of those who chose not to buy D2R (and hence potential future customers/profit), those that have already quit D2R (Blizzard reports MAU and hours engagement in the ATVI quarterly investor reports and likes to keep these numbers high), and current D2R players.

An elementary knowledge of statistics reveals why it is not necessary to sample the entire population but a representative fraction of that population to have statistically valid results. These statistical power calculators are online and take less than a minute to run from start to finish.

2 Likes

Ya the 2016 US Presidential election polls were perfect proof of this. It was so elementary that all of them got it completely wrong.

The problem was not the statistics. If you know how polls work, there is a reported margin of error. Also, with 2016 election polling (and to a lesser extent in 2020), there were issues in sampling bias, non-response bias, social desirability bias, and respondent veracity. I have talked to you about sampling bias already.

It is important that the sample that is selected represents the larger population that you are interested in and the survey is well-designed.

Well here is my poll submission in case I don’t get invited to blizzard’s special little club.

If they decide to add ploot or bossman Bobby Kotick takes an executive vote and forces them to add it, then I would want it to be implemented as Joanna mentioned previously.

2016 election also mostly fell into margin of error but people don’t like that. I mean you give someone a 52% chance of winning +/- 5% and that person did actually win the popular vote……you were not exactly wrong.

1 Like

2016 polling was fairly accurate. Only peoples/media reading of the polls was not (picking the polls you like/not believing what the polls were clearly showing).
The idea that 2016 polls were all wrong is revisionist history.
Now, 2020 polls… less good, although still not unreasonably wrong.

1 Like

The game creation screen has so much space available under the Item Drop Spacing , might as well add Loot option in there ( Legacy and D2R respectively for FFA and Ploot ) .

If it’s optional you can always opt out of it and not join that open game or open your own game with the Legacy option ( legacy option is already there for a lot of of the features ) .

Just my 2 ists .

The idea of Rod Fergusson, the head of the entire diablo franchise, was to have the added alternative loot allocation system (if ever introduced) to be:

1. Optional
  2. Set at game creation
  3. Require opt in

Presumably, this would be a setting where it can be set and the game auto-filters based on loot allocation system, so that only relevant games are shown in the lobby.

More option won’t hurt , besides all that space left there in the game creation menu - I think we all know it was ment to be filled with something at some point .

Side note i just checked some open games on Nightmare ( yeah imagine baalruns on Hell ? nahh , let’s open another O Shako N Ber game instead ) , one of them had the legacy spacing option the other one had the D2R option enabled . Now let’s take a wild guess how many people actually took their time to check what exactly they are joining - You guessed it . It’s right there with the High runes drop chances = 0,0000000000345 % .

I go one step further that more options are better.

When I saw that tab initially in the accessibility blog post, I figured that would be where they add optional ploot or timed loot option. Certainly, it would make sense.

In hell difficulty public in the lobby, there are very few actual games. Most are trade games. The lobby needs to have filter to segregate at a bare minimum trade game and real games. The scarcity of public multiplayers games can be attributed in part to FFA loot being unpopular for a subset of D2R players. The precise size of that subset is contentious.

Or they can give the clickable gem in lobby a meaning. Its alrdy there after all

It looks like a few changes will be introduced in the next patch and they are looking to evolve D2R. Blizzard states “even more new changes coming to Diablo II: Resurrected” after this patch. Some mentioned changes include “balance testing” and “evolving the experience for all players.”

THE PTR & FUTURE UPDATES

In the coming weeks, Diablo II: Resurrected will be launching its first ever Public Test Realm (PTR)—a special realm where we can test balance, bug fixes, and other enhancements we make to the game. We invite all of you to participate, as you’ll have an opportunity to play a crucial role in testing features and evolving the experience for all players. When we get closer, we’ll share more details on how you can gain access to the PTR and trial these changes.

The primary focus of that PTR will be revolved around fixing database issues and stabilizing our online environment. Once we are confident these fixes are in a good place, we’ll share more details on Ladder rank play and even more new changes coming to Diablo II: Resurrected.

Our community continues to be instrumental in making this game better, and for that we want to say Thank You. As we continue to update and improve the game, please keep sharing your feedback with us—your collaboration is key to building an incredible Diablo II: Resurrected experience we will all treasure for years to come.

Can’t wait for the " fixes will ruin this game and it’s economy , balance changes are bad "

Meanwhile Bowzons are near extinct and what is a Summoner druid .

Who has complained that fixing the game crashing, server disconnects and making the game stable will ruin it? Just a single post you can reference will do.

He is referring to the recurrent PTRs will be used for testing balance changes among other things. If Blizzard is planning on testing balance changes that most likely means that your plan is to try to make balance changes.

I kept telling people that Blizzard kept discussing balance changes pre-release and I kept hearing the “It is a remaster” counter-argument. We now know who most likely was right in their perception.

2 Likes

First you’ll have to go and explain from the start what chain of events will ruin the game if optional personal loot is added .

But before this you will have to explain have you ever been rushed , given free items to or joined a baal run where a high level character was doing everything for you .

I have already mentioned previously many times my concern for where I see adding ploot ultimately going. Ploot proponents complaint is that FFA is ‘not fair’ and also coming from the ‘not fair’ crowd is changing PvP to consensual, increasing drops rates, implementing bind to account items, removing immunities, etc.

I have two accounts and I rush myself. Also I rush other people including friends and random people I meet in public games. I have not been given free items in a public games however between IRL friends we do give each other things. When I join Baal games its for the purpose of XP and if I’m only leeching XP and not contributing to DPS then I stand off screen from the Baal kill and don’t even attempt to get any loot.

I am actually for rebalancing the skills that are completely ineffective and unused in Hell difficulty so long as they don’t make them more powerful than the current meta builds.

As explained, this is a slippery slope logical fallacy.

1 Like

No, fairness is irrelevant. RNG rolls are not fair either.
It is simply a different way to distribute loot, with less stupid gameplay incentives.

None of those have anything to do with fairness either. Nor should they happen.