Please Stop Whining!

Again Path Of Exile has this exact system and IT IS MISERY AND MORE ANNOYING THAN IT IS BENIFICIAL.

Wait till you see the threads, “WHY NOONE PICK UP LOOT” “WHY LOOT ALWAYS LOCKED” “WHY I GOTTA WAIT FOR LOOT WHILE MY PARTY RUNS OFF” “WHY I HAVE TO WAIT FOR LOOT AT END OF BAAL RUN BECAUSE OTHER GUY LEFT”

The concept is garbage hence why OPEN LOOT is the predominant mode used in POE which has had it as an option for years now.

PoE has 3 systems. Personal loot, timed loot and FFA loot. If timed loot was set to 1-3 seconds (depending on the results of testing), it would not delay the game in a significant way.

If it is garbage and no one will play that way, why are you even complaining? The vast majority according to you would be in FFA games anyway.

1 Like

I disagree completely. Getting into the next in line Baal run literally relies on getting back into lobby immediately and typing in the next game name.

Because under that exact logic it’s then not needed and would require recoding the old game code for this specific task which I promise will introduce bugs into the loot system. The majority of you don’t have any faith in Blizzard fixing the rate limiting of the new Battlenet back end…But you want them to introduce new code into a 20 year old game so you can pick up loot from baal in group runs???

I can’t help but laugh :joy:

I do not think your premise is correct. I personally think many will prefer an alternate to FFA loot and it would be worth the effort.

Also, read the blog post. They clearly are adding more things to the game to evolve the game for all players, just not those that favor the status quo. They even emphasized “all” by putting it in italics.

2 Likes

As you continue to “READ INTO” thing’s like “all” being put into italics I’ll be a little more reasonable and wait to make assumptions till they directly announce a new feature…like auto cast…

Noticed no threads were asking for it over the last month but…we got a feature they added to consoles with the OPT IN option…WHILE MORE THAN ENOUGH TOPICS ON PLOOT HAVE BEEN CIRCULATING DURING THIS TIME YET NO PLOOT ANOUNCEMENT…

This post was from 13 days ago.

Add Quick Cast as a feature - General Discussion - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com)
We also have:

Plus there are more…

I did not claim that they would definitely add an optional loot allocation system. I would simply say that their post clearly shows that they plan to evolve D2R.

2 Likes

13 days ago… but that’s neither here nor there.

This is what this comment was directed at.

I’m not saying it should just give an an ‘I Win’ item every time a boss drops something.make it more akin to how a solo game would go on with drops.

I don’t expect to get a unique every game like Diablo 3.

Hold your horses. This is not in the patch notes, it would make sense since 3rd party companies have developed bots and pretty much killed any community trading already, however the notes just state they are bringing /p8 to offline on consoles.

Simply because the advertisement page for D2R says that players will be able to experience the same classic Diablo 2 game play that they remember. You cannot do that if D2R becomes some monster that no one recognizes as that classic Diablo 2 game play that was promised.

I am sure that ones like you know what players like us are talking about. No it is not of the zero change purists either. Just take a look at the advertisement page that promises that players will experience the same classic Diablo 2 game play they remember. How can they do that if it is so radically different that it is nothing like what they remember.

What you really think that if they are not there that will hide all of the information. No it won’t the game is 20 years old and there is no way to hide any of that information.

Don’t trust Blizz to even try to properly balance this game due to how poorly they have done D3 over the years.

Make runes fall out of the sky like rain like it would if it was D3, no thank you.

No to power creep because that is what they will likely wind up doing with new rune words.

Can do that right now, just play solo where you never team at all. I do that all of the time.

It exists right now it is called password protected game with your friends. Playing private games with password protection is how it is done. Can’t see why you would want it to be where it is friends only in the public games.

How do you tell the story with an act 6. Also there will be no legacy mode for it. Nor is act 6 part of the original D2:LOD game play experience.

Actually the time between the destruction of the worldstone and Diablo Immortal could be used for a different Diablo game that would tell the story. That way D2R doesn’t need any new content as far as acts goes.

How dare us want this game to be for use D2 fans that actually love the way this game is and don’t want it to become something that would change what is promised of still being the same classic Diablo 2 game play we remember.

If you really think that D2 1.09 had zero cookie cutter builds you are sadly mistake. But that did give me a great laugh lol.

These two lines show exactly what I was talking about anyway.

There is no way you can be sure if the ones that are cautioning against to making too many wild and radical changes are a minority

I don’t trust this Blizz to balance D2R due to how poorly they have done D3 over the years. Then saying how dare you think that you deserve this game to be a game that gives you the classic Diablo 2 game play experience that you remember as it is advertised to do.

Please explain to me how if they keep D2R (with its 28 changes and counting) as is plus give options to make variants, how the D2R “remaster” experience is not preserved. You do not need to select any option that diverges from a “preserved” version.

Please explain to me how introducing the impossible burger at Burger King, did not preserve the original whopper.

1 Like

you are talking alot about Burger king. you must know ther menus really well it seams… :man_cook: :man_cook: . thats the only way this makes any sence.

I agree that D4 is where the changes should be instead of D2R.

We are wanting what was promised when we bought this game. Where we get the classic Diablo 2 game play experience that we remember. That is what we bought and paid for.

Great idea then make D2R where everything that is still in D2:LOD the original is just a place holder. Where in time even the name D2R would change into something else. Because the classes, monsters and story will have changed as well. Where Blizz found a way to sell an unannounced project as a D2 remaster. Where that game is sold on D2’s coat tails.

As long as we get what we paid for which is on the advertisement page then we will be just fine.

As long as we still get the same classic Diablo 2 game play experience that we remember as advertised then we are fine. Otherwise this game starts walking down the road to being another Warcraft 3 Reforged.

Learn how to beat them to the loot. Or go solo MF, or cough cough play with friends in private password protected games that promise to share the drops.

Look it works for PoE because it was designed that way from day one. But D2R wasn’t designed to function like that. That is why players are not wanting it. If it was part of D2:LOD the original game then yeah it would be in D2R.

Great idea have a billion options for us to choose from. I seriously wonder though how many things would be options and how many won’t be.

No one is asking for a billion options. Your hyperbole does not persuade.

Fact is adding an option does not remove the original. Things are preserved since you do not need to select any change that diverges.

1 Like

micro only think hes ides is good enough to be options. so the other 100s of ides, he dosent wanner talk about. :100: fact . like most of hes kind now days. its ther way or no way.

Game is trash and requires improvements to sustain itself. Only way is through net positive changes to the game.

I remember balance patch after balance patch. I remember melee being overpowered. You simply just prefer patch 1.14d. I mean I have preferred patches in the past but never have I insisted that the game just remained that way. Blizzard should absolutely continue development on Diablo 2.

I am just wanting what I paid for a game that keeps the same classic Diablo 2 game play experience that I remember. I know what I am looking for but cannot explain it properly because it would probably take a small book of about 20 pages or more to explain.

I disagree technically. D2/D2:LoD should stay the same.

D2R should evolve and keep the option to play the changed D2R “remaster”" experience that was at D2R launch.

BK adding the impossible burger did not change the experience of the original whopper.

1 Like

Well I’m sure everybody remembers a different patch depending on when they played. You could not have taken that to mean that it was going to stay on the one patch you like most.