BE HONEST: Do you want more content, meaning, new content?

I want new balance, content etc. but I would seperate it like HC and SC so the current D2:R we have right now will be the base and everything that changes will be seperated from it.

1 Like

Game like Diablo 2 doesn’t require too much resource for balancing and new contents. Remember, modders did it already.

2 Likes

A rogue like mapping system would be perfect. Get a tile set for each area and let it randomly generate maps :+1::crazy_face:

No, new blizzard can only screw this nearly perfect diamond.

1 Like

Was thinking about something silly earlier today running cows: writ’s leg is dropping often with 3 sockets, would be neat to socket riunes inside that would affect the cow level somehow, socketing an Ist of example would boost the drops while socketing a Shael would make all monsters have IAS.

Of course, the more runes / rarest runes you socket, the better the drops. That would act as a rune sink and would shake things up.

3 Likes

I think it would be wise to try out some changes on PTR, maybe implement them in ladder with the possibility of making them permanent if they are largely well received. There are some major QoL changes alone that would significantly enhance the playing experience. Stuff like quickcast spells, stackable runes/gems/pots and a seperate charm inventory to name a few. Increased stash space would also be nice so you didn’t have to use as many mules. I feel the benefits of these changes are clear and the downsides very small.

Then they could be a bit bolder and attempt a balancing pass over the skills, make more area lvl 85 zones and tweak some items (including runewords). Adding some fresh new items is also nice, since it is an ARPG after all. And finally, providing some actual difficult content for endgame characters to challenge themselves with. It could be Ubers that are actually strong and cannot be cheesed by stacking a broken affix, or a mapping system of sorts. In short, many of the things already present in succesful mods.

The problem with all these more impactful changes however is that I no longer trust Blizzard to get it right, so it would be a huge gamble. I’m also not sure this was ever meant to be anything more than a trip down memory lane, so as such they might just decide to keep things as they are.

If you would have asked me pre-launch, I would have thought “Heck yeah!”

Now, after these past 6+ weeks, a lot of my confidence in V.V. being able to operate in a manner different from that of Blizz from the past few years has evaporated. They’ve been completely absorbed into Blizz, losing their separate identity. So, we’re back to Blizz doing Blizz-like things.

So, adding new D2 content? Meh… And my hopes for D4 have been obliterated in the process. Blizz will have to bribe me to take a look at it, whilst before I would have preordered it like I did D2R. Silly me…

It’s kind of like when you mix dog crap and ice cream. I suspect, the resulting product will taste much more like the former than the latter… :clown_face:

No, I don’t. I’m interested in the game because it’s simply a graphical update to the original version. Yes, it’s 20 years old, is broken compared to today’s standards, has all sorts of other issues, but it’s the Diablo 2 I loved and spent years of my life playing.

The whole reason to play the game, for me, is to enjoy the nostalgia trip. I’d much rather see energy be put into D4 to make it the best game it can be than them putting energy into what’s essentially a prettier looking relic-turned-nostalgia-trip.

1 Like

What you saying is like changing maps in PoE via currency.
i kinda like the idea.
Imagine that you could change the mods of any area in D2R using runes, meaning more challenge monsters and better loot… but this also changes the way we play the game, what would you know… piss a lot of people. But at the same time, this is an idea that you can totally ignore to do it if you want, so wouldnt be a big problem for purists.

The game is already screwed. What’s the worst they can do to it?

1 Like

Improvements that could be make just in the stash:

• Stackable keys, runes and gems
  • Or a tab exclusive for runes
  • An exclusive tab for uniques (at this point, you should be working on this, no matter what the community thinks)
  • 4 more tabs

If you do this, you would be helping to solve the problem with mules, with people reseting games just to get items and making trade easier for everyone.

2 Likes

so make it harder only for melee? which are already not in the best spot?
i mean fine but then we also need a new spell reflect curse to make things fair :wink:

*yikes, 12 days necro heh

Bump.
20 something 20.

I’m fine with new content in theory

Completely depends on the execution though

1 Like

In truth? Of course I would love new content. I’m just terrified what little good is left in this game could get destroyed. It’s a double edge sword. And I’m not sure which sides sharper at the moment to be honest🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, this is what makes it tough and why I think it comes down to the execution. In theory it could be great and could help breathe new life into the game, but it could also alienate much of the fanbase too. It’s definitely a double edged sword.

Yes. I want new content. I liked the idea I saw about a procedurally generated dungeon under Trist. Just side content, optional. All level 85+ in diff. Just so I can get out of the usual areas.

so basically a rift realm like d3? and you don’t think that got repetitive and old?

1 Like

I would prefer it over the current paradigm that we have. Where we essentially spam one area like Pits, Chaos or Trav constantly. It would offer more variety and if all of its level 85+ then it would lead to longer play sessions within a single game.

Honestly though. Just make more areas in Hell diff higher lvls. So we have reason to spread out and utilize more areas/tile sets.

2 Likes

I guess for me I play with a lot of variety so never feels stale for me. I join with 2 instances and with one of my instances I swap between 8 characters every 1-2 hours of playtime. I try to clear every alvl 85 area, for sure all of wsk/chaos, cows, eld/shenk/thresh/pindle, LR & trav, and once in a while if my luck has been bad I’ll do some countess/andy/meph.

1 Like