Please put PERSONAL LOOT

A victory, indeed. But it seems the plooters will continue to hinge onto false hope or shift to a new ridiculous request before accepting this isn’t Diablo 3.5.

Yeah but with three weeks left til launch hoping for anything past domestic touch up / remaining bug fixes they have planned that’s like wishing christmas comes in July.

The game is a finished product anything being done in September is polish. Thank God

Yes, the former is a drastically bigger change, and yet they did it.

We live in a Games as a Service world. Unfortunately. A game is not complete.

Sure, afaik basically nobody has said it should be ready for release. That was clearly not going to happen even months ago. This is something that could be added 6+ months from now.

You keep living in this fantasy world where you believe this change is always going to be around the corner. You’re going to be living in constant disappointment, my friend.

Most of the people asking for ploot will be gone by that time. Blizzard isn’t going to add it unless the community really wants it, and since the fanbase will have died down, the hype diminishing, and the development team being moved to other projects, it’s likely you will never see this feature come to pass.

I have, at no point, said such a thing.
I have said 1) It should happen, 2) It might happen, 3) Yesterdays twitter post is definitely not a guarantee it never will happen.

Now that is a fantasy world.

Eh, Blizzard sure do add lots of stuff nobody asked for.

Yeah, but a few people will likely stay on the project for patches.

Sure. Only saying it can happen. And much more important, that it should.

When the boss is saying it’s not happening, you should start to shift your priorities elsewhere. I can appreciate your determination in fighting the good fight, but it’s a lost cause.

Perhaps you can advocate the devs to allow modding so modders can create a ploot mod?

Just like the boss said WoW Classic would not happen.

Or for the Retail WoW players out there, when Blizzard said you could not change covenant freely, or change convenant skill points all the time. Then suddenly they make a complete reverse, allowing just that (as much as I might disagree with doing so).

I am very much advocating for Blizzard to 1) Bring back TCP/IP, or something to replace it, and 2) Publicly announce that they are okay with private servers for modding.
Removing TCP/IP was Blizzard breaking their promose of delivering a remaster that would preserve the game.

wonder why they did that? think about a moment before bringing this here…
Ploot = won’t be happening

Only if you would chose ploot as and option and agree to play with them.
So what is your point? If you dont pick up items in FFA it is your fault. If you click ploot and others get items because of it, whos fault is it then?

Sad little lies.
I repeatedly said that it is not what we are asking for and you know it.

Also if you click ploot and play with me, then you are agreeing that i get the same fraction of the items as you. If you agree, it means you are fine with it. That is kind of the point of the mode.
If you do not agree, you can play FFA loot. I suggest you just do that and be quiet about things you clearly ran out of productive things to say about.

Ofc we continue. Our arguments are good.
And it is quite sad that you assume that people who do not share your miserable perspective on how a multiplayer game should be played are bad. You have no idea who you are talking about. And more importantly, we have no idea who you are. And i think it is safe to assume that you are happy to hide behind that fact.

Yes, in ffa they can actually do that.
In ploot they would need to find a party willing to play with them and they would still not get more than the rest of them.
On the other hand in ffa they can simply click everything and go on to leech on the next run.

You seem to be very keen to do this kind of leeching since you are such an adamant supporter of the crooked ffa system.

I must have missed the part where he encouraged you to prance around with his twitter post and troll and insult people.
To me it reads more like that he encourages the productive input and is open for suggestions if they have enough support.
And as a matter of fact we do.

A victory for a suggestion that makes the game more accessable, increases playerbase, makes many old-timers happy and has zero negative effects while still preserving the old playstyle that you so cherrish.
Well done. You really picked the right battle to achieve victory.
Who will you fight next? Doctors without borders?

Proved my point.

Why do you call me a leecher? I like to fight the monsters and get the loot by my own. I’m not like others standing behind and watch players fight for me. I like to include myself in the fights. I guess you like it because you are a pro Plotters!

Otherwise, the Plooters get their free stuff by sitting on a spot behind / Not too far behind and doesn’t take any damage to the enemy but STILL gets free stuff.

Not sure you ever had a point besides the one that you get when hating on people.

The very same applies to us plooters. Believe it or not.
What you do not get is that even when someone leeches in ploot, they will get less than it ffa.
Less!

You are arguing against something that simply is not part of that gamemode. You will not play with leechers in ffa. First of all, they will not want to because they will get less loot. Second of all they might think that ffa games are faster or more efficient (because so many pros like you play there). And lastly the party could simply decide not to play with them anymore.

All of this is possible with much greater efficiency in ffa loot. And it is definitely already being done. What is your point?

Quite obvious why they changed it. They are bleeding players, and caved to what players claim they want.

that was true, but remember wow is a game with a sub, Diablo it isnt
After launch and a year at most the game will be in the oblivion by the devs, unless they bring another expansion at some point. It always happened with the diablo games.

Tldr crusty wall o text

Thank you IZZI. Reading these posts this toggle option is ridiculous. The loot system in d2 is amazing. Top items are not so rare that you rage quit but they are rare enough that you celebrate when you get it. Also makes trading and gifting mean more. Maybe they exist but I have not seen a game with 2 different types of loot distribution for different public games. Plot would just make d2 easier and give more frequent gratification. No thanks

yup, its not happening and for good reason, keep dreaming kids.

make a private game and shhh.

PoE.

No it wouldn’t. Drops would remain the exact same.

yea the game devs these days have it rough. To many spoiled privilaged kids that can’t do anything forcing changes to make it to easy. It also doesn’t help that the older generation is so stubborn on facts of old classic mechanics where if they do a change is evil. I also laugh at the wallet talkers. I will “refund” if it does happen like they care about a handful.

im from the era of glitched bk ring and bsoj. i dont mind changes but up to the point of censoring the demonic aspect of the game to please a handful of butthurt people not good.
as i stated before

• adding the shared bank is the most incredible qol improvement ever made for d2 players. i still have rage over the theft of my pgrief and pcoa.

censoring the demonic apsct of the game a succubus is a devil of lust and tempetation now its censored beyong anything because boobs are not appropriate for demons…
the characters have gone horrible transformation and censoring as well. just look up but class selection from og d2 and " soccer mom d2r"

also peopel are asking for changes that would go against the idea of trading because they lack finger speed.