Please put PERSONAL LOOT

You know you can do exactly the same with FFA loot right?

Yes, this is currently the FFA loot system, where one person can kill everything and anyone can pick up the loot whether they were there helping or not. FFA loot is the ultimate leech system.

That’s what’s being proposed. If you aren’t there when the mob die and didn’t help kill it, you will not get a roll for the loot. These lazy FFA looters think they should get access to 100% of the loot regardless of their involvement.

No, what you describe here is FFA loot, where you can just follow someone around and take everything even if you did nothing.

Says the guy that wants to take everything after someone else does the work killing.

personal loot wont be implemented. We can close here, it is starting to smells acid.

It’s just shocking how these ploot advocates continue their argument, instead of simply just getting good.

ye it does but we will need to stay here and make sure it won’t happen ever in D2R not even later…

Lol so you mean every leecher can get an item for not involve on fights?

No thanks to free loots!! Fight or get nothing. Gamers in 2021 has become very very very lazy! Ploot is one of the worse lazy thibgs than ever happened to the gaming industry.

ahh the salty tears of the pro-p-looters keeps going…

Rob Fergusson…“Relax - we’re not doing it. People are allowed to discuss things and hear other people’s opinions.”

D2R i feel will be easier to do trading with however it will be up to the community to trade. Its not like needing 4 extra toons for stash space. So with everything in shared it might be easier to have a more open community. but its to be seen if the community heads in that direction

agree. there should not be ploot in any games like this. ploot works in games like wow where’s actual raids with lockout period’s. but let’s just make sure this game won’t be ruined with ploot!

the issue is some people do most the fighting and still get nothing because a person sits back just far enough to not be in aggro range and grabs it all. It would be better if that person fighting gets a chance at his own loot. (Not saying i want ploot).

Personal loot didn’t hurt the gaming industry. it just changed from a system that was unfavored to continue for larger scale of games. Learning to go with the flow is better than being a rock stuck in the past.

this! alone caused the state of D3…ppl asked nextgeneration gamers asked…so NO there is no room for ploot in D2R not now not ever.

D3 states of the game is NOT due to this. Its due to a bad release (one of the worst in a long time), failure of creation of what they intended the game to be, and then them scrambling to make a game playable. After RoS they tried to make it bareable but even then it wasn’t well recieved after the failures in the past of that title.

You seem to think i want personal loot… i think you need to read better because i never said we need it or that i want it.
edit- that was really hard to understand. luckily i know how to read through lines

ontop of that, the improved chat systems of modern B-Net will make trading waaay more convinient

as long as they remove the constant “player” leaves trade chat and people use it

of course it did not… look at eso where everyone gets loots as long as they stay far enough to not get dmg but just need to hit once or twice. There are so many examples out there but no one is willing to look at the damage it did. They just want to complain in a place that someone will be forced to listen because no one gives a damn about their ranting in the real world. ironicly video game industry has to please the crowd so devs have to bow down if they want money

Just like Classic WoW would never happen. Oh wait.

Quite easy to advocate for both Timed Allocation loot AND better mod support.
Which I do. Reinstate TCP/IP or a fully capable alternative. Make a public announcement that private servers are accepted. That would be some good steps.

As silly as the analogy is, that is literally what FFA allows.

Same. D3 loot system should not happen in D2R. Heck, it should not happen anywhere.
Timed Allocation loot system however should happen.

Exactly.

We can’t possibly know that, Blizzard has switched views so many times in the past. Not that Personal Loot should be added. Timed Allocation should.

And do you see Classic WoW full of changes and additions?

You’re comparing apples to oranges with that argument.

Changes are not remotely related to the point. Blizzard said something would not happen, and then it did.

Deciding to make a game is a bit different than deciding what to put into said game after it’s already nearing completion. It’s too late into the development stage to start rejigging the loot code, and if Blizzard is going to revisit this subject, it will be some time after release after the hype has died down, where they can truly measure what their core audience wants.

Again, you’re comparing two completely different things.

Now they can lock and throw away this abomination of a thread. Roddy Rod just stated to calm down, no ploot is happening and that’s, that.

A victory boys, a victory