Players 8 for Online

You did not comprehend what I wrote.

I explained why I wsnted it. It was to draw extra attention to the stupidity of how multiplayer currently works so that can be fixed. A liittle short term pain for tbe greater good. lLong ter. I want everyone to have a better multiplater experience where drop rates scale appropriately.

Why do you think they say multiplayer for xp, solo for loot.

In addition, stop with all this entitlement nonsense. I know for a fact that one of the posters here does not want p8 online to protect the value of their d2jsp fg.

I am curious. Who is it?
As you know we are on the same page regarding the use of jsp and multiboxing.
Not illegal, but morally questionable according to my standards.
If you wouldn’t have the possibility to use prior earned fg to have an edge at beggining of ladder or straight up buying it, I would’t have any issues with d2jsp.
Multiboxing is just p2w with extra steps.
But this is my personal opinion.

This pretty much sums it all up.
you can see it in the few pro pro p8. They only want the loot… when we tell them. ok you can get p8 with no change to drope rate, only harder content. they say no. even when they stated with, “i want harder content”…

4 Likes

It is against the forum rules to name specific users.

Lets me ask a simple question:

There is the common expression in D2/D2R that multiplayer is for xp and solo is for loot, Why do people say that?

I have no clue. My best drops, at least rune wise, were from running split mf games.

On the other hand, the tos refer to naming people by their real names or battletag, not naming players on the forum by their nickname, so feel free to name that esteemed member of our community.

May I suggest that you educate yourself better about drop mechanics before continuing this discussion . Maxroll is a good resource that also has a drop calculator.

So in your split mf games, you are essemtially playing solo online p8 (assuming its an 8 player split mf game).

How interesting… Do you understand the hypocricy of your argument?

Don’t be pathetic. The fact that you are the one complaining about the game needing better drops and /p8 on battlenet speaks miles about who understands game mechanics and the meta better.
But I will bite. Educate me, because I haven’t often heard this expression, that honestly doesn’t make that much sense.

Dude…I go through the effort of gathering a party. I make sure I farm fast enough to meet the speed of my other mates in other areas. I deal with the inevitable griefers. And I enjoy all of that. You just want to circumvent this.

You still are essentially playing solo p8 online.

You may put in the “effort”. Others do not resulting in significant problem that harm other players.

1. Crashing quest games
  2. Making bogus game names to waste other’s time to deceive others into joining their game
  3. Adding extra difficulty to group co-op runs where they farm a different area than the group that is working together to clear content.
1 Like

This is not the games’ fault. The game only offers enough freedom to be played as ones wishes to. People make those choices.
You can be the hero or the vilain. The games allows it to grief, ninja and pk.
There are toxic people everywhere.
Why do you want to infringe on the freedom this game allows. It’s supposed to be an anarchy. It’s a design choice.
Why do you want to limit the way the game can be played and enjoyed?

P.s. All the above mentioned things can be fixed by making a passworded game.
Once it is a public game nothing is off the table. As it should be in Sanctuary.

Instead of appreciating this freedom almost unheard of in this day and age on the gaming scene, you want to limit it. Amazing.

2 Likes

Why do you want to infringe on the freedom of others to block their ability to play p8 solo online?

If Blizzard gave that as an option, you have the freedom to choose to play your old way or the new way.

Let’s really appreciate freedom.

Why do you? I want more freedom while you want less freedom.

I don’t. They have this option in single player. They can also use a password on their game and share it just with their group.
You are asking for an option that will allow any player to create his little safe bubble. All the ones that choose to roleplay as the sociopath can’t do it anymore. Do I condone this type of gameplay. Not my cup of tea, but I appreciate the freedom of choice.
This is not what Sanctu0ary is about.

And once again we come full circle back to the entitlement.

You just want the best of both worlds but without putting in the effort.

2 Likes

You do. You argue against optional solo p8 online.

By definition, having less options means less choice and less freedom.

I advocate for more choice while you advoxate for less choice. Why do you want to limit the way the game can be played and enjoyed?

If you want to roleplay as a sociopath, you still can irrespective of what you claimed even if optional solo p8 online was introduced. You can still enter a solo p8 online public game and grief if that is fun for you.

Sad the solution is not having multiplayer games for strangers, baffles me why they are scared of implementing p8 when we have a bunch of toxic behaviour thanks to the current system. Yet their only argument is that its to promote playing together yet that is the exact opposite the system promotes. It promotes stealing games and running the fun for so many players.

1 Like

Because it’s not about freedom or diffculty. You just want the loot. Stop spinning my words. It’s pathetic.

At least be honest. It’s about the loot and bragging rights.

P.s. You have yet explained that quote to me.

1 Like

Are you a mind reader?

The simple fact is I think p8 solo online address multiple issues. I even replied to you what those issues were. For your convenience, I will quote it to refresh your memory.

Ironically, you even quoted my rationale above in one of your replies to me.

The quote about solo for loot and multiplayer for xp simply means that multiplayer loot does not scale 1:1 with player numbers and players are better off farming gear solo at p1 then farming gear as a group in the same area in p8.

Currently, players who want extra loot and feel “entitled” to more loot than p1 offers run split mf games.

In split mf games with 8 players, one is essentially playing solo p8 online.

Not the fault of the game. It’s the players. The problem is that you guys need rules and consequences for bad behaviour instead of just being nice because it’s the right thing to do.

P8 doesn’t solve anything but makes multiplayer worse

2 Likes

That is your opinion. Others disagree and provided evidence to support their view.

If Blizzard introduced optional p8 solo online and you do not like that option, I would suggest not choosing that option.

Why do you need it to be online if you are not going to interact with anyone. Go to single player and enjoy the code.

1 Like

Simple answer. I prefer having the freedon to grow a character whete I can play with others and play solo. If I develop a single player character, that character can not play online with others.

Again, you are trying to remove freedom. I want options.

Why do you continue advocating removing my freedom?

Why???

Also, this is incorrect black and white thinking. Player x wants solo p8.online, therefore you falsely concluded that player x never wants to interact with anyone. How did you reach that flawed conclusion?

1 Like

You have all the freedom you want. You are just spinning my words because you realize that your request is in total contradiction with the philosophy of the game.

You are just lazy to split mf and to put in the effort. But you want the same benefits without working for it.

Pure entitled and lazy brat attitdude. I want all the same stuff as the people who grind but I don’t want to jump through the hoops.

I am done debating with you.
However you try to spin it it’s clear for anyone: you all want /p8 out of greediness, entitlement, envy and lazyness.

It’s only about the loot and bragging rights for you, Zahramar and Toddwick. You covet other peoples achievements but you are to lazy to work for it. You just stomp your feet and cry hiding that you fight for something better for the community when in reality you are just serving your selfishness.

Stop lying to yourself. It will only set you up for failure!

2 Likes