Players 8 for Online

I still don’t get why people farm both travincal and mephisto on p8. Travincal caps at p3 and the drops are meh for a one time run unless you’re playing barb (and then it’s much better farming it solo anyway due to how find item works) and mephisto doesn’t have his drops improved with more players that much, if at all, iirc.

Or because they grind out gear/runes and sell it for real dollars or FG. I know quite a few of these guys. Some of them are nice people, but what they are doing is wrong. It breaks the spirit of the game. Original developers never intended D2 to be played like this. It became acceptable, then the norm, as blizzard evolved into a mega-company saying things like “we know better”

1 Like

Classic abuser, focus on the micro unimportant function that makes it look about greed, when really thats what you and your cohorts are filled to the brim with (greed). Not everything is about drops despite that being contrary to your direct profits/reason for being here

Its about removing the infection of RMT/FG/multibox pay to win.

Its about adding a new teir of difficulty and challenging

Its about making a nontoxic safe space to play with family/friends

Its about FUN

Things you wouldnt understand or recognize as abuser of the real/average player.

See you always

1 Like

I can agree that rmt/fg/multiboxing is a plague.

But p8(that will never come to battlenet fortunately) will not fix this. On the contrary.

I advise you to bring proof when you make accusations, otherwise you have no credibility and are no different from a histeric politician.

For this you can try Animal crossing. Sanctuary was never ment to be a safe space. It should be cutthroat and unforgiving. Helps with the immersion. You say you make this requests from the love for the game. Yet you don’t get the game.

2 Likes

Are you really still discussing with the troll Toddwick? He is either mentally ill or a masterful troll with 0 logic or reasoning.

Just look at how everybody who doesn’t share his weird view is a multi to him, while he is probably the multi himself.

Just set him on ignore. There is no point in wasting more time with trolls like him

4 Likes

Many people are ill-informed about players command or they overestimate it without considering how increased monster health slow them down.

These are the player settings I often use offline.

Boss farming with early blizzard sorceress (Meph/Andy) - 3 players. 5 players is only tiny bit better but boss health is greatly increased too. Anything higher than 5 players is not needed since nodrop is virtually gone for act bosses at players 5. Most player will do just fine at 3 players.

Pit farming with barbarian or pindle - always player 1 since # of item drops from uniques/champion mobs dont change.

Rune farming from Countess - players 1. You actually get less runes from her special rune TC by increasing players count.

LK Super chest - players 7 to maximize the chance of finding Sur & Ber runes (Best overall with 9 Sur patterns and 2 Ber patterns). Players 5 to find Lo/Ber runes only (4 Ber rune patterns and 4 Lo rune patterns)

Cow / Chaos farming for Runes/Charms/Gems/Jewels - Players 7 only if my character is strong enough to handle. Otherwise, 3 or 5.

I never use players 8 unless I want more experience. Nodrop is reduced at odd player commands (3/5/7)

This kind of individuals fascinate me.
Call it a guilty pleasure.
Geniunely curious if he can substantiate his statements or if he will continue with his, mouth foami g, Trump wanabee rhetoric.

Nah, I’m done trying to discuss with the trolls. They had their fair chance to argue their points but they decided to keep repeating random phrases and distracting when you bring logic and counter arguments.

You can’t explain multiplayer or social interactions to anti social basement dwellers. They even think that it’s the games fault that they behave anti social and complain that others do the same. They argue for anti social features like players command because they say the game and people are anti social.

I’m glad we have laws in real life because those guys would do horrible things if there were no consequences, just like they do online

1 Like

I am in no way hopefull he will change his position. Admiting even to himself that the reason he asks for /p8 is selfishness and greed, precisely the things he accuses others of, would shatter his fragile mind.

Look at it as a public service for the people that are inclined in resonating with his nonsense.

2 Likes

I saw someone the other day on Discord trying to sell 171 SoJ’s… I managed to find 1 in Season 1, how the guy gets 171 so early in season 2 is beyond me. Can’t be legit.

1 Like

This does not exist, it has never existed and only occurs in the minds of the naive or ignorant. Go touch some grass, the world awaits.

1 Like

This is ironic. Yesterday, you stated falsely

1. I was an alt of another account
  2. I had hidden profiles for all my alt accounts
  3. No one can search my post history

The reality as I explained:

1. Not my alt
  2. That supposed alt account did not even have a hidden profile
  3. No post histories on this forum can be hidden and I showed you how to use the forum search feature
2 Likes

Here’s a middle ground that Blizzard should consider. We all want P8 online, but how about if we just prevent monsters from getting weaker in full games. I.e. you join a baal game that was P8 full, everyone leaves but you stay in the game at P8 difficulty.

I can’t see why this wouldnt be done as its less load on the server than having people join/leave games constantly to try and chase a full game

1 Like

No we don’t. Stop lying to yourself and insulting everyones intelligence. You don’t want p8 for increased ‘difficulty’. Furthermore you are not the advocates of some ‘majority’, but a vocal, agressive and entitled minority.

You just want the decreased ‘no drop’ chance that comes with /p8 in order to get loot without putting in the effort.

At least be honest. I would really appreciate if at least one of the /p8 gang was truthful and admit they advocate for this in order to get better loot easier and not for the ‘increased diffiiculty’.

2 Likes

I do not think we know who is the majority or minority on this issue. Your claim that p8 online supporters are a “vocal, aggressive and entitled minority” is nonsense.

By definition, p8 means monsters have more hp. Logically, if a solo player can clear p8, they are putting in effort snd that effort exceeds p1.

Your post overall is illogical.

4 Likes

I don’t get why some people still bother with the purist trolls, when what they type literally has 0 value. [EVEN MORE] Changes are coming, just keep addressing Blizzard and wait for future Seasons, it’s that simple.

[EVEN MORE] Change take time. You are literally wasting your energy arguing with no-lifers when their whole existence is irrelevant to the course of the game…

Than for sure you wouldn’t object to the implementation of /p8 without any change to ‘no drop’ chance.

It’s all about difficulty afterall, not the loot.

I don’t care…advocate for /p8. It’s not like it will ever come to battlenet. All I ask is be honest: it’s not about the difficulty. It’s all about the loot hence the entitled part.

1 Like

But the story is so believable. :roll_eyes:

There were 6 HELL difficulty characters all online at the same time ready for a rush. In a PUBLIC lobby with someone to carry.

And just so happened the last player came to ruin the day.

2 Likes

Actually, I would be ok with that as long as it also applied to p8 games with 8 players. As you know multiplayer drops do not scale 1:1 with player number anyway. That would bring extra attention to that issue that needs to be addressed.

There is alot wrong with how multiplayer works in this game.

So in other words, you not only want to allow the /p8 on Battlenet. But if, hypothetically, they implement it strictly as an ‘extra difficulty’ feature without the decreased ‘no drop’ chance, you also want the same for legit full games?!

Once again you confirm you don’t care how the changes you desire impact the community, as long as you get it. Pure selfishness.

And you get sour when I call your bunch entitled when if you can’t have a thing, no one can. :))

Still you don’t have the will and maturity to at least admit it’s just about getting easier loot and drops, not about difficulty.

This is my only grudge with your /p8 bunch. Dishonesty. Otherwise ask for anything you want. Just don’t hide the real reason just because your are ashamed to admit it.

This won’t change the fact that /p8 will never come to Battlenet.

3 Likes