Players /8 command for online char

Been playing since 2001, but I r a noob. Just because he said so! Wheeeee!

bs. 8 players will still be a lot difficult for 1 guy than 8 so even if thats allowed its not changing anything other than game becomes insanely difficult

How long has D2R been outā€¦ who cares.

Know this.

The only time I play with other people is to level up.

That level up process accounts for about 1% of total playtime.

At some point the game might want to encourage me to play with other for the other 99%.

You know how to make that happen?

Itā€™s called, Contrary to what some of these ā€œPuristsā€ claim, Noone actually likes competing at clicking for the loot drops.

Noone likes or even considers a room full of a bunch of random sorcerors teleporting off to their own farm areasā€¦as fun multiplayer.

The funnest moment of multiplayer this game actually has to offer is Tomb runs.

Get a grip on reality and realize that you purists, are retards, and your economy, for fwiw, means jack and ā€¦ to people wanting to enjoy this game without it requiring you to reject the rest of your life for it.

OG D2 Economy is an economy for rejects. It directly contributed to most of my battlenet games being spammed by bots trying to sell me crap.

If doing all of these upgrades ruins that economy. DO IT ALREADY!!!

5 Likes

TL:DR
Having 3rd party sites create a real world economy around our loot drops, is more important than our players playing together.

The game shouldnā€™t be in any shape or form supporting people, to keep them from finding a real job, that actually contributes real world value to the world.ā€™

Screw your diablo 2 economy. Playing together is more valuable than your Shakoā€™s

2 Likes

youā€™re not. go play single player

1 Like

OOOOR just continue to ninja.

youre cancer bro you are

1 Like

Might as well add it, seeing as how thereā€™s hiccups going on every day, so could use it the rare times I do get to play.

People make ā€œclickbaitā€ games such us ā€œtelebaal-32ā€ so it becomes full and when you join you notice people farm other stuff such as cows, mephs dia etcā€¦ Its hard to find exp runs that actually do expā€¦
And the root of this problem is because we donā€™t get players /8

6 Likes

I guess for blizz it is easier to implement players /x rather than having multiboxers, especially, in the current queue situation and server crashes

1 Like

So many annoying comments with completely wrong statements such as those from Gammaā€¦

TLDR:
/players command online would be a great addition and would make farming more efficient when you have the gear to handle it and it would NOT make hrs drop like rain. Actually it would increase the rune drops on players 3 around 30% overall which would already help alot.

On to that LK nonsenseā€¦
You need to do around 3000+ LK runs on average to get the value of 1 ber rune (if you consider 4 super chests every time which will not even happen 60% of the time).
Ive done 500++ LK runs in public baals and the best thing i found was a lem rune.
Consider the time used hereā€¦
Following baal runs is probably the fastest and you need 4mins+ in most cases for 1 run using this method and need to hope that noone else in this run wants to do the same thing.
So give or take 200 hours for a decent chance on 1 ber rune - under best chances.

Doing players 8 to farm alone is actually very difficult unless you are godly geared for which you already need a torch, multiple skillers, infinity and enigma.
The thing is that in a party all the auras stack and the monsters only get like 450% mre hp and deal 43% more damage.
So obviously a decently set up party with conviction, all merc auras, maybe even fanatism and a corpse explosion necro doesnt need much gear to blast through p8.
Alone doing most stuff is in 90% of cases not worth it.
Act bosses drop no more on players 8 than they drop on players 3.

Many of the people i got into playing d2r are going to stop again because there is no /players command for online battle net.
All the gear arguments are nuts and sound like what people with 100k+ fg would say. ā€œBring me those items O FGā€.
99% of players playing alone will not have found a ber rune or equivalent even if they played 8 hours every day since release. I play the game rather efficient id say and also didnt find anything over a Lo rune so far.
Spamming Andy/Mephisto wont give you high runes. In my experience they only drop in 3+ player games when doing chaos cows or baal waves - or opening chests.

Id love to have /players command on bnet AND a bigger shared chest (and a lot of other things I wont mention here).

cheers

9 Likes

Any blue comment here? I guess everyone tired on snipers, some guys even ruin games killing act bosses, no care about those who doing progress

1 Like

Social? Where? When I do a game to get trough act V or whatever random people join and do mf runs in various areas without even saying a word, they do that cause there is higher drop chance for them. There is nothing social about this game if you want public open games this is for the most part unplayable. Playing solo on bnet is just punishing yourself with lower drop rates. Not to mention how toxic this game is on hell difficulty with whole acts being immune to some element, so even if you join a game and play with others you do nothing trough whole act cause everything is immune to your main source of dmg.
All in all, retarded low drop rates, stupid design choices that cause nothing beside skipping 99% of the act just to kill boss, no implementation of trading whatsoever, to trade you need to create game, and mf or afk in it, and if you afk just to trade you are clogging the servers. All in all the whole online is one of the worst things on the planet.

3 Likes

90% of my D2 time is solo. Normally iā€™d just be offline and invite friends when they care to play, this is no longer an option. Iā€™m forced online and Iā€™m seriously missing the /players command, being able to tune the difficulty to your build and equipment was awesome.

6 Likes

you are not forced online you have the option of making an online or an offline character that is why /player x is for OFFLINE use if you want an online character play online make a game wait for people to join. and for mf runs its not just the bosses you kill for the actā€™s its ALL ENEMIES. i have gotten more uniques just killing random enemies rather than from nm bosses.

If I want to play one character with my friends itā€™s the only option. When I mf I kill all act bosses except Duriel, all key bosses, cows, trav, pindle, eld, shenk and tend to full clear most all ilvl 85 areas. Though it seems recently I crash every game before being able to get through that, could just be me but I swear crashes happen more since I started teleporting.

1 Like

sup newbie. in offline you cant trade. only point of multipolayer in this game is trading. i havenot dropped single ist rune and i have 20 i havenot ever dropped single Lo rune and i have 9. i have all the pimp gear even tho i never dropped most of it. thats the power of multiplayer and only reason of multiplayer in DII

Look at all the people who want to force others to play the game in groups. WTF does it even mean to split a Ber or Vex rune? Imagine all the drama that forces on people.

Idk what adventure land most people are living in, but the reality is splitting loot in a trade-based economy sucks. Most people join public games to run Lower Kurast runs and leave. Most farms donā€™t require more than 1 player to accomplish. In the case of Kurast runs, one Sorc is needed to find super chests efficiently. No need to have 8 people for a simple farm. Also no need to force people to play in a full lobby to split loot that one individual worked for.

2 Likes

How would the players command encourage people to play alone? Iā€™d think the overly toxic community, the scammers, the hackers, and the game being over run by bots would have already done that. I can hardly get any of my friends to pick up a PC game, let alone an RPG. Theyā€™re all CoD freaks.

2 Likes

No. Until sorcs and pallies are nerfed into the ground and teleport is severely dampened OR other classes are buffed into equivalent godlike status and also able to farm p8 material, p8 should not be given to anybody.

1 Like