Online SSF Mode

A solo leaderboard is a no brainer for any ARPG, doesn’t matter if its D2 or not. The reason why it won’t be done has nothing to do with what Blizzard thinks. They literally have no idea because they really don’t give a s*** about about this game.

2 Likes

You’re just pulling numbers out of your butt without any evidence.

I will say again. Path of Exile, Diablo’s major rival, introduced SSF leagues and they are quite popular. For example, for Hardcore Sanctum there are 10,889 characters created at level 79-100. For Hardcore SSF Sanctum there are 8,115. Ruthless Sanctum (39-95) has 7,111 characters, SSF Ruthless has 3,882 characters.

There is very clearly an unmet demand for SSF.

I think this is a great suggestion.

One could argue that HC SSF is one of the more challenging ways to play, which is why it makes sense to have its own ladder for those of us who like some sort of competition. It would be as close to a “fair” competition we can get. The people that like to play casual mode (softcore) with help from others and trade can still do that and not care about the ladder being challenging and/or competitive. Also, I think that D2 plays best and is most balanced when you play solo, multiplayer is rather too easy, and I’m sure I’m not alone in this.

Of course there should be seperate ladders for each class and divided in HC and SC. But it could also serve as a benchmark to see how each class will perform overall vs each other (e.g. top 500 pala is lvl 95 but top 500 barb is lvl 87), for future balancing, if that is something that someone think is worth exploring (?). Why not also add a grail counter (basically 1 point for every set/unique you find or something) to sort the ladder on for those who like that.

This mode would keep more people, including myself, interested in coming back ladder after ladder to compete. It wouldn´t interfere with the people that doesn´t want to play SSF either, but it would be awesome for those of us that do.

4 Likes

Looks like you’re just pulling select numbers out of your butt. Just reviewed 10 posts on POE that say the SSF community is less than 5% of the total population at best. You used different level ranges for the different sections to make it seem like SSF is more popular than it is. You wouldn’t need to do that if it was actually popular lol. Meanwhile it seems you cannot even get accurate numbers period for the mode. The only thing that is visible is that the games lists seem similarly the same after SSF released as opposed to before.

are you one of the developers?

how? all your friends prefer SSF? it is different from SSF unlocking leaderboard rank

it is pretty simple, only needs 2 flags on character and party game. I would fire my developer whoever told me that.

I didnt talk about what i want. I told you how is online mode designed currently.

Yes exactly because its made so you trade with others, not playing solo so you dont have to keep everything as you can buy it.

No, human brain is enough to understand it. Common sense.

Its freaking called Online, in old term Multiplayer. Very limited char slots and space is quite telling that its designed to trade with others and not be constantly solo.

ah, so sorry for that.

No worries i added further explanation with editing my post for further questions.

1 Like

Just like bike was designed to be hold by two hands, its possible to use just one or if you are very skilled in some occasions none. But thats your personal choice. Bike wasnt designed for that. Would you call for special construction benefits and modifications just because you decided to use only one hand always? That would be silly dont you think?

But i admit that another posibility to what i said before, design choice was maybe based on greed ::grin: so people will buy more accounts. And they got me good.

Nope, I just used poe.ninja which has actual hard numbers which is a damn sight better than your ‘some randos on a forum told me it was 5%. TRUST ME BRO!’ The level ranges are simply whatever the default values were. And it wouldn’t matter which level ranges I use because I normalized it with SSF version.

Getting into the weeds of the exact percent is silly. There are clearly many thousands of people who would play the mode if offered. It is clearly well received and popular enough for POE devs to keep offering it season after season.

You used varying ranges of player levels proving that you needed to change out the play level base to inflate the numbers of a SSF ladder. There is a reason why 10% of levels for regular were at the rate that 70% of levels were on SSF lol. Keep pretending.

1 Like

Good lord, you are an idiot. I normalized the ssf and non ssf version of the same league! If I had known ahead of time this would be such a pointless hang up for you, I would have just matched it all up. They’re different because ruthless sanctum (and ruthless SSF sanctum) are simply a much smaller pops than hardcore sanctum, so it defaulted to a wider level range.

Here matched all up level 79-95

• Hardcore Sanctum: 9,531
  • Hardcore Sanctum SSF: 7,398
  • Ruthless Sanctum: 2,061
  • Ruthless Sanctum SSF: 1,139

As you can see the SSF version of both servers is quite popular compared to non-ssf and I have no doubt the same would hold for Diablo 2.

Just put him on ignore.

1 Like

Not really. Depends on build and gear found by the player rather than an army of followers setting up boss kills and gearing up the streamer. Oops I mean player.

Solo ladder = time not gear. You don’t need gear to level.
A bot doesn’t care if he has to run the same content over and over. 10k cs p1 runs? no problem for a bot. I gave up after lvl 98 with solo cs in OG. That were more than 7k runs over months.

All the streamers you complain about are speedrunners. They will be in hell before most other SSF players are and will be able to farm their gear and xp hours before you are even at act4 hell.

They get paid to play the game all day long. I doubt that most SSF players will take even 1 week off and they would need months to get to 99 without p8.

So if SSF p1 only = botter wins the race probably.
If SSF p8 = streamer wins the race probably.

If you really think that any basement dweller will win SSF ladder if there are streamers and botters competing then you are delusional.

1 Like

its a new and disgusting age where streamers will always be on top anymore, SSF or not, they dont do it for the fun they do it for the $$$ like Odin said no basement dweller will win, its been set in stone,