Online SSF Mode

Is it really worse than jobless slobs winning gaming competitions? Any competition that requires time over skill will always be won by people without other responsibilities.

3 Likes

Well who tho? I know only about MrLama, rest more famous one are just players who play a lot. I could hardly call them speedrunners.

But i guess it depends who are you watching.

Oh yes, definitely , or shared account by more people.

let me put it this way, if the shopping mall wanted to install urine bowl in the ladies restroom, will that trigger you too?

It would be certainly dumb. But i dont know where are you going with this.

I would 100% participate. This is what I do anyway.

1 Like

Take the top 20 and you might find about 10-15 streamer? Most of them doing speed runs together.

I donā€™t know most streamers but those who participate in the race all know how to get to hell in similar time frames as llama.

I donā€™t watch them, but you see them in all the record runs or speed runner discords.

I highly doubt that you would find people that would do that for a SSF p1 ladder. It stretches way too long.

and we are arguing that the current online mode design should have more option to satisfy a wider range of players

the limited space is only to make people make choices of what to keep and what should go
what they will do with what should go is pure colateral of the main objective
i could talk about how the original design in various parts of the game should not be kept just for the sake of being kept but that is already well known

Who cares if streamers win SSF? Who cares if those that have no responsibilities will always rank higher in the ladder faster and always have more power?

People donā€™t necessarily run marathons to win them. Itā€™s just fun to see your name up there. To see if you can move up a bit in a day off or something. I really hate that esports mentality has taken over so many players minds in so many games.

4 Likes

You can be on a leaderboard right now if you want though? You donā€™t have to compete with the top of the list. SSF is a waste of effort. Those that want it desire a small ladder where they can pretend theyā€™re competitive. They search for excuses saying bots overtake them when largely those that finish the 99 race first are all actual players who no-life the game until 99. There is no time spent vs XP gained 99 race which most of the 99ers would still be at the top, and most of those who think they could compete couldnā€™t.

1 Like

ssf is problably the best thing this game can get, along with a loot filter and a currency tab

4 Likes

Loot filters and currency tab would be great additions that would benefit the player base as a whole.

Definitely after Diablo 4 releases and the playerbase and support of the game dwindle.

SSF Hardcore mode would be a great experience seeing people get knocked off the leaderboard. And they canā€™t hide behind parties of 8. The Barbarian leaderboard would be a sick bastard to compete in.

But itā€™s not going to happen. Blizzard seemingly has a stick up their asses when it comes to supporting this game in any shape or size.

2 Likes

Itā€™s called competition and thatā€™s why people have a competitive mentality.

Look at sports and other games. You can enjoy them all casually, but as soon as there is competition, itā€™s about winning.

Olympic spirit is nice for people that wonā€™t come close to winning, but I can understand everybody that wants to win. Those are pissed off because itā€™s not an even playing field, but it never will be.

Yo people, even though I think the chance is very low, I havenā€™t given up hope for SSF in the upcoming patch. Really hope we get the mode at some point. Also, it would be nice to finally be able to stack runes etc, that would be the icing on the cake, in addition to SSF of course :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Every ladder reset there would be a massive race between LLama, and the talented speed runners like Mekalb, Bender, Dark Humility, etc. Getting to #1 for some of them would actually be a realistic objective. For example Teo and Mekalb stopped the race early because of how flawed and pointless it is to race against your own teammates.

Being a class main gains more emphasis outside of PVP. The class leaderboards are insanely pointless on the ā€œregularā€ ladder. But on a solo ladderboard they actually mean something.

More people would stream their playthroughs and class builds on Twitch and it would actually be interesting to see which builds they use. Every unique play through such as a Throw barb on hardcore would be a story worth watching.

Blizzard adding ā€œmid gameā€ runewords would actually make sense here.

Blizzard has done a terrible job at using their own community to boost and promote their games so far. PICK IT UP :rage:

3 Likes

That statement is much like a duel between a classic barb vs an LoD grief barb! Not the same!

SSF Ladder would be seperate from normal Ladder! Spirit of competition! Streamers can no life the game with help and im guessing if they had to actually play, then they would loose interest quickly!

2 Likes

ā€œThe new Rune Words are only a portion of the content arriving with Patch 2.6, stay tuned for what else is to come when the Patch officially releases. ā€

Could it possibly beā€¦ :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes
4 Likes

LOL. (and enable /players X)

2 Likes

I hope this become true with 2.6

5 Likes