Now that Ladder has proven to be a total failure and majority are unhappy

if you feel like the game should change so much… maybe look for a different game that suits your desires better? why are you so attached to Diablo 2 if you don’t like it?

3 Likes

What an asinine thing to say. (toxic)

That is not true at all. Not even close. (delusional)

2 Likes

I would certainly like to see some significant changes to the game. I’m glad some people can still manage to enjoy the old school mechanics of this game. However, I am not one of those people. People tend to look at this game through their nostalgia goggles and exclaim “This is the greatest thing ever!” while forgetting that for over a decade the game had become automated by bot programs. Now people have to spend hours of actual time doing a chore, because that is exactly what grinding for gear is, a chore. To the adults this game was designed for that (should) have important things to do during the day, like making a living, spending hours on a chore is physically and emotionally exhausting after spending an entire day at work. Personally, I don’t want to come home from work to then go back to work on a video game.

5 Likes

Well said, you hit the nail right on the head there

5 Likes

You blame “purists” for wanting stable servers, better game list, more slots, minor skill balancing, a stacking tab? Because that and many more, D2 core, QOL is what the so called, Purists want…
Its you moronic changists that want the POE POD PD2 D3 version that wont leave things alone and the Devs cannot focus on priorities…

The true D2 players are not to blame here, the force move, quick cast softies who wont shut up about the Manazon and a charm inventory are the ones to take the blame here.

3 Likes

FF7R is a remake not a remaster.

literally comparing terrible to awful…

game was unplayable last night

Where lol? I didnt notice anything regarding negative feeback to changes in 2.4. Majority is actualy happy with 2.4. But it doesnt fit into your narrative right so you have to lie.

Half stuff on your list is just nonsense and would be damaging RPG elements of gameplay in various ways

5 Likes

Hey hey, I resent that. I wanted quick cast skill bar. That, skill balance, ungating ladder only were my top 3, lol.

1 Like

he just tries to spin a narrative to manipulate devs into giving into his demands. he throws out an assertion that is negative connotated (now that we know xy was a complete failure and is uttergarbage), treats it as fact and spins his solutions as the only way to save it. its so annoying and manipulative

6 Likes

A few likes isn’t majority, It’s only your illution :yawning_face:
Stop complain, someone will always comlain and you seems like a person that never will be happy. Ever! Go learn to design and modify a game by yourself, then you will get what you need.

4 Likes

OP’s hyperbole aside, this ladder has been a complete disaster in almost every way. Rollbacks, broken lobby, rampant cheating, etc. If you want to live in the fantasy land where everything is all peachy, that’s on you.

1 Like

You can dance around semantics all you want :smirk:

Its literally in the name “Final Fantasy VII - Remake”

2 Likes

D2R was never going to get sales figures at all comparable to new, popular games, unless they had added new content. Like an Act VI. Or at least several new zones in the existing acts. But that would have taken a lot of man hours.

The truth is, they don’t need to break any sales records. They only need to make enough money from sales to justify their time, which, given the lack of new content, isn’t that much.

I strongly suspect the reason we got D2R was that it is intended as marketing for D4. While Blizzard continues to develop D4, the more people who are playing any prior version of Diablo, the larger the group of potential customers they have for the new game. This is particularly so for D2R as many people who bought it hadn’t played any Diablo for many years, some for over a decade. Their minds were just not on Diablo, but now that they’ve played D2R, they’re more likely to buy D4.

gtfo autist
20 chars

2 Likes

To be fair, the “majority are unhappy” is the constant state of this forum lol.

1 Like

D2R was never going to be a financial success as a remaster. The gameplay mechanics are simply too clunky for modern games. Players X command online wouldn’t fix that.

Luckily that was never the point of the remaster.

Game has already been a financial success. Blizzard said that they sold over 5 million copies. At 40 bucks a pop, 150-200 million smackers (counting some sold at a discount). I doubt that they spent modern day equivalent in development costs on a AAA title.

2 Likes

And you can argue the semantics of remaster vs remake all you want. :smirk: