My character missing!

my character level 64 or 65 amazon is just missing. i played last night, quit game and then now can’t see it on characters list. all my gear was on it. so, my all other level 70+ characters also almost naked. however, all my characters on offline section.

i need quick fix to continue play, thanks…

Have you tried switching tabs on the Character Selection screen?

The same thing happened to me last night. When the game started and reached the Character Selection screen my Online Amazon was gone. I switched to the Offline tab and then Online again and my Amazon was back.

Your experience may be different, but it’s worth a try. (Unless you’ve already tried that).

i never created any char on online anyway. that section is already blank and yes i tabbed cuz game starting at online screen at 1. place u know. i am scanning and repair atm. i will try again.

but my point is boots, belt, gloves, chest, helm and all gear on merc missing aswell with my char. so, cant play with my other chars cuz they only have melee weapons lol. if cant fix this bug everything is just ruined and its annoying…

Sorry for your loss.
I lost all my stuff due to a bug. I asked them about recovery and learned what is gone is gone.
Here is what they said about missing gear and characters…

Sad…
Sorry for your loss.
I won’t play until these issues are fixed… and even then… I don’t know.

i can’t accept that! i just played, save & exit, and quit game. if my char disappeared due bug and lost my everything i just can’t keep playing. my chars naked already but, i can’t start fresh chars aswell. cuz, that can happen again. after some time i can lose everything again in same way…

this is ridiculous…

1 Like

Check your save game folder. Is your character’s save game file still there?

i couldn’t find save game folder. there r gamelogs, screenshots and settings folders in diablo II folder, nothing else. i tried scan and repair tool and didn’t fix anything…

I have D2:R installed on my D:\ drive. My Offline Characters are stored in: C:\Users\perus\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected.

Note: Saved Games doesn’t look like a folder, but it is. Double-click on it to open it and then double-click Diablo II Resurrected.

ohh, thanks! i just found it. and yes, i can see my amazon’s 6 files aswell. but, i don’t know what to do.

1 Like

Neither do I.

Maybe you can shed some light on this.   :man_shrugging:

This is probably bad news. If the character was missing, then it would have meant it was deleted and you could potentially recover those files. Now, it means that those files are corrupted, which is why the character doesn’t show up in the game.

You can use a hex editor and examine the .d2s file to see how badly corrupted it is. Here is a post I wrote about it: Offline - Character Disappeared and Cannot Start Any Games - #6 by TimberWolf-1533

Unfortunately, all the people that had this happen and had examined their file noted that the file had been completely zeroed out. That means there is no chance to recover it, as all information inside was wiped. I have a bad feeling that this is what you will find if you examine your file.

Why this happens is beyond me. I hope Blizzard is aware of this issue and is working on a fix. In the meantime, I suggest regular backups of your save game folder.

1 Like

thanks. i don’t know about that hex editor but, my all other chars’ d2s files 2kbytes but amazon’s file is excatly 0byte… file is dead for sure. my char and all items on it also dead i guess. :frowning:

I lost my Diablo II Resurrected character (offline char) after game crash. I lost the one while game crash and others are bugged. Others are available to play if only I delete shared stash file which is annoying because all my items and golds are in the shared stash. This is year 2023 and this bug still not fixed. Blizzard support team told me there is nothing they can do and what is gone is gone.
I was thinking to buy Diablo IV. I will not buy it and I don’t recommend anyone to buy a game from Blizzard.