Missing Characters / Unable to Create Games - September 26, 2021

Hey everybody,

We’re aware of the issues players are having creating games and the blank online character lists. We’re doing some maintenance at the moment and working on getting that issue fixed ASAP. Thanks for all the reports, and follow the thread here for updates.

Please note that this is not the same issue as the “Character is already in a game” issue. For updates on that, please follow this post instead.

Editing to provide some extra information

Maintenance announcement/info on the patch for those interested here:

13 Likes

thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just as you startet the maintenance i relogged from a game and now i have 0 characters?
is this related?
or am i just logged out forever now?

1 Like

Same for me, all my characters were deleted or disappeared. I hope this is intented behavior from the maintenance

1 Like

It is the same thing with me too.

1 Like

just happened to me to hoping its just maintenance haha

2 Likes

Hi,

I was playing on my paladin, then when clicking on my own town portal the game crashed. After restarting the game my character is now gone…

Same for me. All my online characters are gone

1 Like

Same thing happened here. My Sor is gone too.

1 Like

Had a few chars, nothing too crazy at all but a sorc close to lvl 60, pally around 45-50. And now they’re gone.

1 Like

Same happened to me. Does it take you a long time log in now as well? And then just blank account?
I’m guessing the chars aren’t really gone, but something is broken on the blizzard servers… I’m sure chars will be back, just very annoying - we paid for the game and we can’t play.

1 Like

Thank you for the information

1 Like

All my character gone missing, after the game crash from server.

Re-logged in several times, switched regions, still stay the same!

I have 4 Characters with around total of 20 gaming hours, sick of this kind of crash…

Yesterday was the “Failed to enter game, this character is already in a game on the server” bug, and now this. Well Played Blizzard (Y)

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know that you are aware of this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you at least let us know but Diablo team i need you to be better than the WoW team they failed me and im truly loving D2 so please lets hype up that motivation because your community believes in you!

no idea if my chars are gone because all i have is a black screen, related to the maintenance aswell?

Thank you, can you just state that the characters are not gone for good? I would like some reassurance lol.

1 Like

I am also having this problem, blank character list, cant create new chars, missing my lvl 48 sorc

I had a lvl 61 sorc last night - logged off and went to work.
I logged in today and my character was gone…no char to choose.

Will this get fixed? And inb4 people saying i deleted it by accident, i didnt.

6 Likes

Only level 19 here, but I still want my char back, is it gonna happen Blizz?