Tancred's Battlegear is GARBAGE

Yeah, but the set bonus LANDFILL is pretty dope, gives you an extra 300 stash slots.

Funny thing, on a Barb you can wear both the full Death set and the full Trancred set. And there are some other sets you can wear fully whit Death set.

To be on topic, many sets became garbage after LoD. They need to adjust and rework some stats and bonuses, to be less poop, and more of a valid option. Even if just untill you find your BiS items.

I’m willing to bet that there will be more updates for underutilized sets as time rolls on. They probably have ideas for the ones that haven’t been changed yet… We’re not getting the whole tamale, just a bite for the first ladder, sort of like what they are doing by slowly releasing the new runewords… Just to keep us coming back for more. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Even garbage has its own place in world.

2 Likes

Yupp. This patch was mostly skill balance and rework. I hope next will be mostly item balance, and rework.

1 Like

Would be nice, but i hope the start with buffing all elite sets to an level comparable with tal’s, not tancred lol. Think i even wrote an proposal for mavinas buff months ago, mainly misses pierce compared to an razor combo :thinking:

Edit: found

3 Likes

i can’t remember the exact stats and i’m not gonna look em up. the only problem with tancred’s set is the same problem with EVERY starter set in the game.

most of them have stupid stat or level requirements, meaning by the time you can use them, you’ve already outleveled them and can equip way better uniques or yellows, rendering them utterly useless.

there’s nothign wrong with tancred’s power and stats, they just need to lower the equip/use requirements so you can play with them earlier and enjoy them longer,.

3 Likes

Uhm all the sets are except tals?

Imagine all sets being viable like tals … one can dream.

1 Like

I saw tons of IK Barbs over the years. So that’s another pretty good set.

4 Likes

You can also see full mavina, trang oul and even griswold from time to time, but it always comes with a cost in power for the style and aura. And while custom unique / runeword / rare combinations should stay more powerfull due complexety, the gap is IMHO too high.

And then theres aldurs ugh, which would just need an complete rework from scratch… No clue about the assassin set.

4 Likes

They are still a viable options. If you want to use full sets, elit class sets are fun to play around whit. Griswold’s is an alternative FoHdin gear. Trang’s only needs the FCR bug fixed, and it’s a good Poison Necro gear alternative. Mavina is THE elemental Bowazon for me. Nat’s fits Martialartssin as an alternative. And since Druid should be played as a Jack of all trades, the set is fitting for that, but complements other setups well too, IMO. But that said, I’m not a meta slave, and don’t sweat about clear speeds.

Mavina is okay, but could be really awesome with pierce like razor, and would be on the same level as tal rashas with +20% ice & fire skill damage instead of just ice. And some minor physical boost on the bow maybe.

2 Likes

Yupp these are all good points.

1 Like

when it comes to end game, pretty much all sets are garbage, except maybe tal rasha for high mf

I disagree so much with this statement that I have to comment. Yes Tal Rasha is solid, especially for its MF but the other class sets aren’t garbage, particularly since now you can upgrade them to Elite bases(if applicable).

IK: Godly set, enough said. Hardcore Barbs love them for the defense and yet strong power it provides.

Natalya: Easiest 50% Physical resistance to achieve. With the changes to MA skills, this set will definitely see more use.

M’avina: Freezing Arrow Bowzon… enough said

Trang-Oul: Poison Necro but the FCR bug does hurt it. I do wish it had a unique perk of walking as fast as you run to boost its defensive nature if you opt to go for max block :slight_smile:

Griswold: Tailored towards melee but with all those sockets definitely allows for a pure Lightning FoHdin.

Only set I’ll agree with you that needs work is Aldur’s. If they’d simply give it 200% Enhanced Damage, it’d be on par with Griswold’s Weapon and actually be viable from a SS perspective. Otherwise, its merely an Elemental set, if anything.

2 Likes

i was talking about end game ! for this they are all garbage, even IK, because there is better options with highest runewords.
Other than end game i agree with you, alot of them are viable on the way up

2 Likes

Outpowered by razortail / wisdom and lycanders / buriza. No pierce on any magezone is a huge drawback. Not even starting with CoH, Ice, nightwings…

2 Likes

Sets will always be outclassed by Uniques/Runewords due to +Skills and other perks. Even so, M’avina set isn’t garbage and is a viable alternative that can be made stronger with 5/5 facets. Yet perhaps Elite class sets could get a modest buff to make them more viable? Say the following for M’avina:

M'avina

Partial Set Bonus: +20% Faster Run/Walk (4 Items)

M’avina’s Caster: +40% Pierce

40% Pierce, combined with Pierce Skill should allow for 100% Piercing attack.

M’avina’s Icy Clutches: Adds 131-252 Cold Damage, 4 sec. Duration (Normal) (3 Items) -20% Enemy Cold Resistance (4 Items)
+20% To Cold Skill Damage (Complete Set)

Cold Damage is currently a 4-piece bonus. Slotting it down to 3-piece shouldn’t change things all that much. Adding in Enemy Cold Resistance as a 4-piece bonus would greatly enhance Cold skills and finally the +Cold Skill on complete set remains unchanged.

M’avina’s Tenet: Add 5% Life Leech (3 Items)
Knockback (Complete Set)

This set surprisingly lacks any sort of Life Leech so figure I’d give the Belt a modest 5% to go with its Mana Leech perk. Finally it wouldn’t be a Bowzon without Knockback to keep enemies at bay.

M’avina’s Embrace: +30% Faster Hit Recovery (2 Items)
+25 All Resistance (3 Items)
+1 All Skills (4 Items)

For the Chest Armor, I moved the FHR buff from 3-piece to 2-piece, added a new 3-piece of 25 All Resistance and a bonus skill point with 4-pieces.

M’avina True Sight: Unchanged

Helm doesn’t really need a buff. All told, I added +1 Skills, Knockback, 5% Life Leech, -20% Enemy Cold Resistance and 20% Faster Run/Walk.

Those changes are more like personal taste, but that doesn’t put it on par with tal rashas. Part of what makes tal rashas so great is the variety of builds that can be played with, Mavinas only working with one single build, and even that is meh with no pierce.

Frostmaidens (and every other mage variant) are only really missing 33% pierce like Razor / Wisdom.
Strafe Hybrids are missing a small physical bonus damage on the weapon.
Immo’s and Magezones obviously missing the 20% spell damage bonus for fire.

1 Like

the assassin’s set is under-appreciated. i always start out on ladder making a sorc, but sin is my second choice. it’s a great set to start and leaves you free to choose better ring/ammy/belt while you farm or trade up to better runewords or uniques

1 Like