Lost Hours of progression

Was playing, in act 5 when the game crashed out and i received an error report. I submitted the report to blizzard, (edit: the game updated) i logged back in and my character that i had just brought to level 30 and in act 5, suddenly is level 19 and back in act 2. I spent my entire afternoon in game and it all just got erased in a second.

71 Likes

I sat down to finally play today, got my character going, got through act 2. Decided to save & exit to start a new game and I found my character back at level 1 with no completion of anything, stash gone, items gone, everything.

Completely unacceptable bug.

23 Likes

I EXPERIENCED EXACTLY SAME CASE WITH YOU.

Completely unacceptable bug.

16 Likes

Same here. A couple of friends and I completed normal. After killing Bhaal I got the familiar splash congratulating me, with the slayer title and all. I was level 32. Got back to the lobby my char is level 23 and in the start of Act 3. One friend went from 31 to level 14. The third one hopped off a bit earlier, so I don’t know if he lost progress as well.

Don’t know if it matters, but we ran a single game. Everyone was out of this game at least once, while the other two stayed in. None of us saw any warnings or signs that there were problems before the game session closed. The session was generated (create game from the main screen), and not created through the lobby, we all joined each other through the friends list.
The creator of the original session was the guy that left a bit early, after we killed Mephisto and got to act 4.

Edit: The third guy did not lose progress.

More edit: Been going all day with smooth progress and nothing lost. Using only games created through the lobby, we also quit the game entirely between acts, just to be safe.

11 Likes

Same here. PC. Just finished Act Five, accepted the Slayer title, and the game closed on its own, patch was applied, and all my progress is gone.

14 Likes

EXACTLY THE SAME HERE… 12 hours of gaming wtfff I WANT MY PROGRESS BACK in ACT 5

15 Likes

Game crashed in act 5 then updated and then I am in act 2 with 16 levels behind? WTF servers restore my character

11 Likes

Same here after killing baal back to level 25…

9 Likes

whelp. guess i’ll restart. same problem here. feel like we probably won’t all get our progress back lol.

9 Likes

Same thing here.
I started at the beginning Act 5 online today and played with a friend. We managed to beat Baal, hit lvl 30, and go to nightmare, but once we exited my character was rolled back to the beginning of the night. I was at the start of act 5 again, same level, items wiped back to how they were before so all the loot is gone. Is this something that can be fixed? Am I really going to have to play through the entirety of the act again? My friend’s progress was not effected, he is now a slayer. So frustrating.

6 Likes

I hope they have that information stored somewhere, so we don’t lose all of our progression.

11 Likes

Same here; Played through the end of A1, A2 and most of A3 in a single normal game throughout the day, got my sorc to level 23, and exited the game to switch characters and play with my wife, and then noticed that my sorc was showing as level 14. I tried restarting the client, just in case, no dice. Started a new game with the sorc, and it seems she’s back at the end of A1. This is incredibly frustrating.

8 Likes

If they are unable to restore people’s progress (which I have to agree they probably won’t be able to), it is completely unfair and unacceptable. This is a massive bug that literally ruins the game for many people. I am highly disappointed and barely want to play now after being hyped all day to finally get to play.

17 Likes

I JUST LOST THE ENTIRE DAY’S WORTH OF PROGRESSION. Game crashed, auto patched and all that work- GONE. I am LIVID.

11 Likes

Please explain to me: how is this reputable company unable to handle simple servers, if 95% of their games require data storage on servers? HOW?!?!

10 Likes

Same here. Now I can’t even play because I’m afraid it’s gonna happen again and I’ll end up wasting my time.

14 Likes

I logged into the game at 5:30 today. I killed Duriel and completed all of act 3 and got half way through act 4. When I save and exited the game my character reverted back to where I began this afternoon just before killing Duriel. My lvl went back down to 19, my inventory went back to what I had in it at the time. I lost all quest progress and Waypoints. This was hours of game play lost. Please help me fix this issue. I would like to get all of that progress back.

8 Likes

I guess we should not play in order to not overwrite the progress we lost?

6 Likes

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Completely game breaking!

7 Likes

i was running my character in a solo lobby, so i dont think those specifics about your lobby are linked to the bug. i see a lot of similar posts here too, so I suspect its pretty widespread. i would just like for them to acknowledge it in some way. I wont mind if i have to run a different character tonight until they fix the lost time, or if i have to begrudgingly rerun most of normal difficulty tonight.

6 Likes