Ladder exclusives are toxic

Typical GenZ post… I did not get my way ergo the decision is toxic.

Ladder is what has kept this game going for 2 decades, it fuels the non ladder wether you want to accept it or not.

2 Likes

As long as the runewords get filtered down after a season I see no issue

Non ladder has infinite accumulative wealth

Ladder does not

Next

stop spreading misinformation

ladder has never had an completely exclusive mechanic
rw mechanic was not exclusive to ladder, the same for uniques and cube recipes

the only entitlement here is ladder players gatekeeping content

typical gatekeeper post

bc it was badly designed this way

this is pointless with rmt and jsp

1 Like

however often you are seeing your therapist isnt often enough. this isnt “toxic” or fracturing the community. it is literally how the game has been since ladder launched a looong time ago. What is your basis that the vast majority of players rejoiced? The 10 people you talked to that also dont like ladder?

1 Like

you can create a ladder char and play the content, no gatekeeping

2 Likes

Said it multiple times

The difference between ladder and non ladder shouldn’t be access to stuff

It shouldn’t be access to content nor items nor feature

The difference between ladder and non ladder should be resetting the leaderboard

But for this to be interesting you need to make the leaderboard more interesting by adding multiple metrics and activities

1 Like

what is the point to keep it ladder only?

“keeping the same for the sake of keeping the same” ?

Great constructive post.

Thank you.

Yes it 100% was. NL did not have access to the same cube recipes and runewords as Ladder, same with SP (without a mod).

Take your own advice here Mr “lawyer”

To give people more reason to play ladder. To lure people from their day to day gaming live into a new environment.

and the playerbase has shown multiple times that just because other people want to tell someone why everyone plays ladder doesnt mean the are right. who are you to decide what ladder should have or not have? The newest items/gameplay have always been in ladder first and always will be. This is obviously by design and should surprise no one

Thats your bias opinion… Seemed to work just fine for millions of players…

1 Like

Lol

There is only one option
100% of players use this single option
Therefor it’s the best option

Great logic lol

wrong

but it did has access to some cube recipes, the same for uniques and RWs
so ladder never had a completely exclusive mechanic

ty

isnt ladder it self enough? the fresh start and economy? i mean, thats exactly what was targeted as ladder objective in 1.10 patch notes

with the exception of ladder boards and exclusive content, ladder is almost exactly as non ladder

every opinon is biased, but mine is founded with 1.10 patch notes info
yours is just something you took out of thin air

whats your reference? it could have worked even more if it was better designed

1 Like

who are you to say that cant add more to make ladder even more appealing? isnt having everything in non-ladder shortly after ladder enough?

False, there was always the option to stay on NL or play SP with a Mod to unlock it all.

Also false, millions did not imply 100%

100% factual, NL did not have the ability to create certain runewords, cube certain recipes, ect…
Not sure why we are debating this, its 100% common knowledge, if you have been playing the game as long as you claim…

Thanks for contradicting yourself and agreeing with me. No further questions… Checkmate.

1 Like

For some it is. For some it’s not enough, but item rewards are.
I don’t need more than a fresh leaderboard, but I know that ladder is more populated if there are additional rewards.

The biggest difference is items/chars. If you start a playthrough in NL or midladder, you probably will have people using preexisting gold/runes/gems instead of using what has been found. You don’t have the option on a new ladder start. Same goes for waypoints etc. You will also find more people to do xp runs in ladder than in NL. It feels different and many people won’t try because they don’t know this.

You see it in all the other games too. People play the new season and leave for the next game. Then they come back for the new season. If it’s the same as non season, people start skipping seasons until they don’t come back anymore. That’s why I like the “new” system with adding something small to ladder before it is available to nonladder.

Rune cubing says hello.

1 Like

im not saying they cant
im questioning why it has to be exclusive content? or even worst, exclusive mechanics?
why cant we learn with d3 mistakes?

the problem is with 2.5 ptr presentation
there is no mentioning to TZs being ladder only
only pez and his bad wording

you fail to understand again
RWs is a whole mechanic, part of this mechanic was LD only but never the whole mechanic
Cube recipe is a whole mechanic, part of this mechanic was LD only but never the whole mechanic
Uniques system is a whole mechanic, part of this mechanic was LD only but never the whole mechanic
TZs system is a whole new mechanic, the whole mechanic is, until they say the oposite, totally confined inside ladder
This has never happened before, its a whole new lvl of exclusivity

i hope its clear now

entitlement

placebo, nothing more than that
if people play bc of exclusive content it just means that ladder it self is a big fail of a system

many against ssf mode argue that people can already emulate it
the same aplies here, just dont use any pre-farmed item
so, very little difference still betwen LD and NL

only dol+ was LD only
rune upgrading mechanic wasnt completely exclusive to LD

pretty sure you dont know what that word means

so tournaments are a big fail because you get exclusive rewards if you participate and win? Strange logic buddy. Think again.

1 Like