Jewels, can't be used as a character name

Interesting… well hopefully you have better luck in bug reports.

I have had no luck in bug reports. But I am not the only one having this issue and have been outspoken on their complaint threads, as I am unable to bump my own due to the sites rules.

You did address that, and I understood the way you see things. That didn’t change my belief that the statement I made is relevant to the topic at hand. So I repeated the statement to another in a different thread. But otherwise, hey Cheetah! Have you seen a “Blue” yet this week?

Yes, CMs have posted sticky threads about server issues and another today about the latest patch to fix the issues with the Delete button UI and some crash to desktop stability.

And what I linked is not how “I” see things. It is how Blizzard sees things and what they base punishments on.

You don’t have to like it, but the game rating has nothing to do with what players can do for names or chat. Those have to follow the Code of Conduct.

I agree with you the “se” restriction in the filter is kind of stupid. Filters tend to be overall. However, it is what it is and I doubt you are going to get any explanation for it out side of “se” being part of a word they don’t want at the start of a name.

You can make a character named Jeremy, but Jewels is wrong. Why then is Se wrong if Je is not wrong? Is there no way to get this reported to the devs as a potential bug? A lot of people so far have come on here and other threads with names beginning with Se. This is not just an issue with me, I am just the most outspoken about it. Have no “Blues” interacted with the community at large?

No, other than the pinned posts I have not seen anything from Community Mangers interacting with individual users in open threads. Not since the first day or two anyway. There is a Blue Tracker tab on the General forums you can use to easily find those posts.

Why do you think I do things like this Tues OCT 12, Server Down/Chars Missing - What to Expect

Tech Support has been interacting on tech support issues of course, but that is a different thing.

I had no clue about this Blue Tracker. But the fact that they have not interacted with the community since launch is deeply troubling. Is there truly no way to submit bugs that are not technical errors tied to launching the game?

Yes, and we can complain about the absolutely ridiculous aspects of that Code of Conduct and how it is implemented.

The filter is garbage and it rightfully needs to be pointed out.

2 Likes

Well, you did post on the Bug Report forum which is the ONLY way to submit a possible bug. That goes to the QA team who have the job of logging, researching, replicating documenting, and prioritizing bugs.

Critical bugs get fixed first of course.

I have a list myself I want to submit when things settle down, but they will get lost in the flood of more important things - like crashes to desktop, server outages, etc.

You MIGHT be able to convince them that “se” is a bug and that the filter should be changed to allow it and instead add the other letter they want to filter.

as soon as people stop using words as weapons i am sure companies will stop banning the ones they deem more serious from being used.

1 Like

Well aren’t you a bag of hope and unicorns. Thanks for the reply though, unless TurdFerguson was right and ks in a word really is bad news for Bizzard. I would take the thanks back, but I really meant it.

On a side note, this is my first experience with Blizzard and issues pertaining to online names. And it has not been a pleasant experience. The community is great, if sometimes misguided, but the leadership is terrible and ranks as one of my worst customer service encounters in my life. Literally everywhere else they at least address your issue.

I have been munching on popcorn for some time in this thread, reacting to all the possible words that could be posted to trigger others. :popcorn:

Entertained?

Characters Required is a stupid rule.

1 Like

I actually put this person that you replied to on ignore. I am done responding to corporate shills at this point.

How about Ferguson and I. That had to have at least some entertainment value?

I could lie to you and tell you that “your bug report issue is very important to us and will be handled as soon as possible!”.

It won’t though. A name filter is lower priority than most game issues they have right now. It is why I am saving my gripes until things settle down.

Lol, another person I ended up putting on ignore already too. :joy: It’s really a great system when you can block out the corporate shills/trolls here.

Oh crap, well take my word for it, the debate was a decent one, even if he did seem to get every point wrong at some level.

1 Like

There is a reason why I put them on block. Don’t worry, I believe you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Incorrect. In diablo 2, you are not a nephalem, you are a human. Nephalem are not until D3.