Item Drop rates are good enough and here is why

Why would you quit when you have two characters with BIS gear…?

There’s 7 classes.
And each class has 3+ interesting builds – and should have 7+ interesting builds each.

That’s easily 49 characters you should want to try at least once.
At the current rate of 200-5000 hours+ per character, your best bet to actually play the game to the end – gearing every character is to quit your day job.

Trading exploits the fact that people quit – leaving behind the gear they found before they quit.
They may just have found a Stone of Jordan, and one skill charm, but it saves you hundreds of hours if you can get them cheap, and you get them cheap, because people quit – and because bots exist.

Singleplayer is thus the true Diablo 2 experience.
But you’d have to be insane to try to make even 20 characters fully BIS in singleplayer, without botting.
When a game demands that you bot singleplayer to finish the important part of the game, getting the gear that exists within the game world, getting stuff you want, things are bad.

1 Like

Or you could just go back to D3 and leave us D2 the way we like it.

7 Likes

you complain about the games core features in pretty much every thread. for like the 10th time, this game isn’t for you. just move on and find a new game.

5 Likes

Um… no. An RMT seller would have no customers if the drop rates were decent. (or at least not enough customers to turn a profit and buy more accounts after each ban wave).

Same goes for JSP flippers who then sell their forum gold for real money, or spend it on other games that are not so easily botted: they rely heavily on bots and low drop rates coupled with impatient/greedy people to be customers. No point in having thousands of Ber runes if you cannot sell them… your customers finding dozens for themselves ruins that potential profit.

Blizzard won’t push their main income source (for this title… from now on :frowning_face:) away (yes: I was referring to the repeatedly-banned-botters).

I don’t follow. If I were still playing, why would I buy more copies?

This is not a subscription based game…

My opinion:
The Bot-loving RMT-supporting Blizzard will not increase drop rates to a decent level for D2R, nor any future titles.

1 Like

I just leveled a new melee char on ladder and didn’t get a weapon upgrade from mid Act 1 until Claw viper temple Act 2. That’s fun right?

I don’t care about end game items. You go into it knowing it’s a grind. But when you can’t even get decent leveling items at the beginning of the game. Well something’s up.

2 Likes

No, you cant because you dont remember or no, you cant because you don’t want to? You cant even give an estimate? There is a pretty big difference between playing 10 or more hours a day and playing 5 or less hours a day, especially when youre trying to make a point about how much you can get in 10 days. I can try to make a point by saying how little I got after 100 days of playing, but it doesn’t mean much if I only played 30 minutes a day.

If you’re only playing 30 mins/day you should proably stick to NL or an easier game because you’ll never complete a character.

Just like how they’re not going to buff you gun in COD to do more damage because you have trash aim because you never play the game, this game also won’t baby you.

I’m curious. How did you manage to get a barb torch so early in the ladder season? That would be worth like Ber + Ist at least if it’s that early in the season. Not trying to sound obvious or anything like that.

I was just making up a hypothetical example to illustrate why number of days played doesnt necessarily mean much when proving a point about drop rates. I think whats more important is the amount of total hours invested.

2 Likes

For sure that makes sense. But it isn’t just time either, you have to know what you’re doing to score better drops. If your char is weak, then your runs are slow and you’ll find less. If you don’t know where your char farms the best, then your runs are slow, and you’ll find less. If you dont’ farm a lot, then you ahve less runs and will find less. If you don’t know how to target farm, especially with the new TZ, then you will farm less and slower.

All of this adds up to people who don’t know what they’re doing, and dont want to read a few posts about magic finding and builds to get better complaining about drops, when in reality it really isn’t that hard to get what you need, they just want it handed to them.

@zax 3 hours? How? OMG! :astonished:

I found serious speedrun group and did speedrun for the first time in my d2 career :slight_smile: we were not the first tho, someone made it half hour sooner.

My guess would be close to 95 hours. With more than half of it being first 4 days.

I have barb 91, sorc 90 and paladin 33. Most painful was leveling barb to 91. I hated that kind of play style just running public games and trying to catch teleporting people rushing terror zones or do baalruns where you turn of brain.

Time i counted also include trading.

It wasnt that soon. I have him from like last friday. By that time was my friend doing like torch hunt number 30 getting a lot of torches. There are ways to get rich much sooner than what i did. I just dont like it as i like my style of playing. I could easily make first char smiter and farm ubers day 3 and make huge profit from selling torches and then buy gear. But i would not like that playstyle.

All stuff you see on my barb is what i personaly found with exception of some runes i bought to make my runewords.

Back to barb torch lol, so i farmed keys with my sorc and my friend was so nice to make ubers for me. And barb torch dropped. But i was ready to switch his barb torch for some other i would find anyway.

Oh and i also bought annihilus actualy because i missed asiavclone by like 10 seconds yesterday. So i had to sell my isted oculus from sorc for it so my barb is complete.

1 Like

Oh, I see. Only hell. I thought normal to hell for 3 hours. That is pretty fast already.

Btw barb found me third shako in my first mf run with him :sweat_smile:

Well it was lvl 1 normal to ancients hell. Done in 3 hours then we continued to level up as our teleporter was like lvl 35.

Hork so good. I think I’m going to swap 2maro.

1 Like

Edit/Reply again.

What are you runnin? TZ or trav? Or just whatever?

Edit you on discord?

The experience rly depends on how u play.

Using d2jsp = ez gearing
Splitfarming p7 = fast runes

Personally i would say remove trading or restrict it. Make it so u only be able to trade runes, gems and keys. Torches and annis isnt something ppl should be getting for free its something they should find themselves.

The only time im playing multiplayer is to highjack games to farm. Not much of multiplayer as its only splitfarming. Obv some lame ppl bought several accs, even having a reason to do it is silly. Its a just a design flaw. Add /players or remove the bonus unless the ppl are on the same screen. P8 is too ez for ppl to actually bother to stick together and hit the same monster.

Obv hork barb is silly aswell. Nerf it.

1 Like

98.37% of the playerbase has no idea how to gear/trade to even get this level of gear early on in ladder. It will take them the 4 full months of ladder and 2 more months of NL to gear up that far. Though what he did isn’t that complicated most cannot manage.

1 Like

Drop rates are fine. The best thing about D2 is finding that ultra rare unique or rune or finding the last piece of that set you want. That is the entire draw of this game (besides just being a very fun ARPG). I have never had a Zod rune drop in all my years playing this game, but if that day ever comes, I will soil myself and not even know what to do with it. Maybe just keep it around in my stash as a brag. That’s what makes this game special: Most players will never find every unique, every rune, complete every set. You play it, you enjoy slaughtering the denizens of Hell, and you enjoy the hunt for those rare drops even if you never get them. If you’ve reached a point where the farming is mind numbing to you, then just stop. Why torture yourself over it? You don’t even NEED the rarest drops to complete all three difficulties with most builds. If you can’t simply enjoy the game and the hunt it offers, then just move on.