Is there a logical reason anymore against personal loot?

63 million is almost half of the amount of personal home computers in existence in 2000 haha.

1 Like

Just going to leave this here, and if I had to guess I’d say it was for no other reason than being the ONLY Diablo game in 20 years that didn’t have an 800x600 resolution by default made of grainy pixels.

Get real Micro.

Are you claiming that D3 sales after 2015 were due to D2?

Insert Chris Carter C’mon man gif.

2015 30 million copies sold
Now D3 has had 65 million players.

Your logic is brain dead.

Back when D2 released, there were only very limited games to play especially on PC. Nowadays there are trillion games yet D3 still sold way more than D2 and has better player retention?
^ This is also why the design is flawed now, too many options and people are grown up meaning no time to grind for 1000 hours.

But never-mind that. Did you know that D2 even back at the day had weak sales compared to other PC games of its time?
Google best-selling PC games and see how many are circa D2 era and beat it by far.

Besides that, why didn’t D2R sell that good then? Also now that gaming is more common as well, why didn’t original D2:LoD sell more?

This is what I’ve come to expect from you. If interpretation A is correct, you’ll take B, which doesn’t actually exist, and drive it off a cliff.

I’m saying D2 was so dated, that when Blizzard pushes their sacred intellectual trifecta of Warcraft / Starcraft / Diablo - it’s going to be D3. There I took your bait. You’re done for the day.

1 Like

The simple fact is D2’s quality was a major factor in many buying D3 initially/ early on. After D3 was out awhile (let’s say a year or 2 or 3), subsequent sales were more likely due to D3’s quality and far less about goodwill from D2.

Ever heard of a place called Australia? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

0.015873% of the player base remains.

obvious success.

You are making up numbers.

You can go to maxroll and inspect the PC D3 leaderboatds per region that proves you are wrong.

diablo 3 live player count is 15,000. 0.0182539683%

Diablo 2: LoD and D2R player count is only 1. 0.00000001%

Source: Me. Hence, D3 wins. Flawless Victory, FATALITY! (TOASY!)

hahaha live player count has it at over 900k

oh wait, thats destiny 2 with that much bigger numbers compared to D3

D2/D2R and D3 are very similar when it comes to player count. Whenever there is a new season the count spikes, and it dies about 1-2 months later until the next season.

Not sure why people are arguing about how bad D2 is in a D2 forum. Go complain about D2 and praise D3 in the D3 forum.

I thought you said you feel smart in these forums…

When did I argue that? Someone was putting out false information and I were speaking objective facts? I didn’t even start it.

I also mentioned above already that I did not even say my subjective opinion. Do facts hurt your feelings?

Could you use the block quote feature to link the website where you are getting the number of current players?

I think I know the one that you are potentially using that is looking at internet traffic. If so, read their disclaimer.

Nope, cause I haven’t seen any facts from either side yet.

Obviously because you do not have a decent situational awareness. Why hijack a topic when you literally have no clue what is going on?

Look bud, im pretty sure 99.9999% of your games player base quit to play the mobile game XD

No one has actually stated a source, therefore there haven’t been any facts posted.

I am not hijacking a topic, I am reading through and not finding anyone making sense.

As I said there was a very limited amount of people playing back then, also console gaming (Nintendo/Sony) was the mainstream and PC gaming was for nerds. Now it’s flipped. Console gaming is for casual gamers and PC gaming is where the “serious” gaming is at.

Not so fast, clown college, I was a gamer in 2010s and always complained to my friend that the only games worth playing was League Of Legends and Counsterstrike (and WoW I guess, but not really) that was it. There was not trillions of games, no where even close to that. Blizzard had a lot of hype in 2010 from the audience they had just built with WoW and D2. It only makes sense that D3 was going to sell a lot of copies no matter how decent or bad it was. And it was a decent game at most.

Published in 2002:

1 / The Sims / Electronic Arts / 11-1999 / $41
2 / RollerCoaster Tycoon / Infogrames / 02-1999 / $23
3 / Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone / Electronic Arts / 11-2001 / $28
4 / Diablo II: Lord of Destruction / Vivendi Universal / 06-2001 / $34
5 / The Sims: House Party / Electronic Arts / 02-2001 / $28
6 / The Sims: Livin’ Large / Electronic Arts / 12-1999 / $28
7 / The Sims: Hot Date / Electronic Arts / 11-2001 / $27
8 / Diablo II / Vivendi Universal / 03-1999 / $38
9 / SimTheme Park / Electronic Arts / 11-1999 / $19
10 / Age of Empires II: Age of Kings / Microsoft / 08-1999 / $41

So do you want to say the Sims is the greatest game of all time or what? I don’t see what these sales mean.

Fortnite was originally designed to be a realistic horror game and they switched it to cartoony at the last minute in order to reach a mainstream audience (like Diablo 3)? What do we want here? It makes logical sense that people that owned a computer in the 90s would buy a game like the Sims. So taking the sims off this list, what are we left with? Roller Coaster Tycoon? I owend that game too. That was a must buy if you owned a 90s computer.

This list only proves D2 held its own without having to cater to a mainstream audience.

Most likely because there are trillions of games to play these days. Let me ask you, did you buy the Halo 2, 3, and Reach remaster? I already know you didn’t. Why not?