Is there a logical reason anymore against personal loot?

With so many drastic changes, I can’t really argue against personal loot even for a minute.

I used to fully understand why people would want FFA loot simply because it used to be that way, but with such massive gameplay and balance changes, does it really matter anymore if there is a personal loot option at game creation? if one can just ‘choose not to play’ these OP zones or use these powercreep charms, who really cares anymore?

The nostalgia of playing anything resembling D2 is dead, just give the plooters an option, it literally doesn’t matter anymore.

25 Likes

Dare someone to come up with a worse idea than OP.

13 Likes

I don’t think there is a more Diablo 3 change you can make than personal loot.

4 Likes

Pickit is garbage, bots are garbage, Ploot isn’t a ‘D3 thing’, it’s widely regarded as a superior method and is used in nearly every modern hack n slash multiplayer game.

This isn’t D2, it’s D2R, a modern game, might as well have some actual modern changes rather than just dumb powercreep garbage like sunder charms

15 Likes

anymore? no… what did they with sundering charms is far more damaging than personal loot could ever have been… so at this point… i no longer have any objections.

MASSIVE EDIT

i retract this statement because they actually fixed sundering charms

and its the same as my old one, if much smaller in scale
it how MF works and leechers.

i do however think BOSS loot should be timed for about 2-3 second
either way i would like to play terror zones first.

if players can actually group up nicely and stay grouped and they did something like add all MF together and divide by number of players. then i can see timed 3 second loot being a thing.

but i want to see how terror zones work out before i get it the full go ahead.

even the lower the amount of time to pick it up the better… i think more than 3 seconds is WAY too much… a person needs to be paying attention. and i think it should never be fully personal only timed

and it should not have the possibility to be allocated to anyone not in exp range

3 Likes

We’ve disagreed many times on these forums, Kitten, but with this I absolutely agree. I was pretty happy with FFA loot, but with this powercreep stuff, forget it, they might as well just make a ton of options at game load. personal loot is far less damaging and at least fights the pickit/pub botters.

5 Likes

They should make rifts, and personal loot, and rift bosses that drop 5 legendaryies… I mean uniques at a time. and paragon levels…

3 Likes

You should literally go play any other arpg on the market.

But for a year they should make the Sorc set roll Barb skills.

1 Like

played hundreds, vast majority have instanced loot.

I mean, they likely will add something that does this. People like bearsorc, it’ll probably be added eventually.

1 Like

So you think they should change a game with a player base spanning 22 years to fit your affinity for games that wont have a player base through Christmas? Honestly think its bad enough for this dev team to make it live!

Shared loot gives the opportunity to share, or to be stingy. It gives a true window into other players souls. :smiley:

I say keep shared loot, it wouldn’t be Diablo 2 without it.

7 Likes

I would have preferred a simple graphical rework with a modern game search engine/lobby system. But since we can’t have that and they’re messing so bloody much with balance and powercreep crap, might as well add this too.

Yea it wouldn’t be D2 without pickit I suppose.

1 Like

Lets be honest, you’re going to play a week of ladder then quit. Your voice doesnt count.

Yep, it sure wouldn’t. But then again, it shows what kind of person that pickit user is, doesn’t it? Makes you not want to play with them, doesn’t it?

I’d imagine my game hours are probably 100x yours :slight_smile:

Been playing since Diablo 2 hit store shelves, my friend.

1 Like

the main issue with personal loot was leechers… i said it porably 50x by now… once they impelemnt personal loot people are just going to stack mf and not attack and just leech exp and items while staying back and not attacking.

it would be terrible for the game… but again… the game is already ruined. melee characters wont be able to do anything with all casters having no immunties or resistances.
so who cares anymore, d2 is dead.

sigh, don’t worry, melee splash is likely next, lmao.

This dev team is terrible. Can’t even implement a classic shared stash.

(couldn’t even make a damned join game lobby that worked for months)

it’s laughable these guys got to work on such a beloved game.

Graphics look good though, gotta give 'em that.

4 Likes

When it comes to balancing melee vs casters, it’s not a bad idea, but for certain skills only. For example Whirlwind, yeah, it needs splash, or rather “slash” damage. You’re a spinning vortex of deadly weapons. Outside of the main “hit”, there should be lesser “slash” hits to the rest of the group that surrounds you.