Is there a logical reason anymore against personal loot?

It’s been awhile since I did Rifts, as when I fired up D3 last year, I only played through the story campaign. However, I do remember Rifts having a progress bar as well, which followed the same mechanic as my points; elite farming, trash ignoring. Especially important if the key feature is hitting the boss and farming keystones as fast as possible.

1 Like

You have misintepreted the data.

10,000 is 0.015873% of 63,000,000. Absolute classic game.

Ironically, the issue of timed loot, while strictly better than ploot is still going to met with the same critics.

Player 1 doesn’t want a drop.

Players 2-8 do, and eagerly await for it to become available.

REEEEE LATENCY!!1! PICKIT!!1 – CONTROLLERS REEEEEE!!1!!

My sympathies friendo.

1 Like

yes, change is always a process for sure lol

How do you know only 10,000 D3 players currently?

You clearly are wrong since you can look at the PC leaderboards per region at maxroll. This maxroll data neglects Playstation Xbox, and Nintendo Switch.

Actually I didn’t misinterpret the data, I just didn’t notice his stance on the data. My interpretation was spot on though d2/d2r > d3.

You do know if ping causes people to miss out on timed loot, that is even more of an argument for instanced loot or a longer timer for timed loot.

It also demonstrate unequivocally how terrible FFA loot is.

D2R already has timed loot.

You have X amount of time to grab it before someone else does. The timer “X” is just based on their distance from the loot and their/your latency.

2 Likes

The 30 million number and 3 million number are from different time points. They are not directly comparable.

Also, D3 ended up being bundled together with RoS.

That’s a very important stat you’re missing. When I googled it, it said Reaper of Souls sold 3 million copies as an expansion to a game that sold 30 million. Which could indicate lack of player retention. Not to mention Diablo 3 was released on multiple consoles / platforms.

0.015873% of the player base remains. Its obvious it is good.

PoE has 26k current players selling 0 units XD

So did D2 and D2 LoD, again your point is mute.

The fact of the matter is D2 was a better selling game because of the era. If D2 came out in 2012 when PC gaming was a lot more prolific than it was back in 2000 it would have out sold D3 without hesitation.

Different time points.

To your knowledge when D3 went from 30 million copies sold in 2015 to 65 million players to date, what was the ratio of D3 versus D3 with RoS?

Since this was years after D3 release, the idea that these sales were related to D2 and not the quality of D3 is illogical.

can really only say that if none of the “copy cat” diablo style games never came out like Fate, etc.

Absolutely funny watching people failing to interpret basic raw data, and pulling figures out of their butts without any source checking.

Yeah, I do feel like a genius hanging in these forums.

They keep saying other people don’t “understand” Diablo II too, so I am starting to question that to be honest. Is this why they think D2 is some hardcore game only for some special minority?

I was thinking the same thing. Some of the numbers are right when initially announced and some are just made up.

Some of the data interpretation is not so good.

Why are we talking about D3 sales numbers anyway? Everyone knows that game was riding high on the coattails of the lord of ARPGs.

People saying they had “fond memories of D3 at launch” - yeah, I have fond memories of a camping trip, doesn’t mean it was the Six Flags / Disneyworld 2 week adventure that was D2.

D3 did not sell well on it’s own merit. If anyone actually believes this, they’re freaking clueless. No need to waste your time on them.

2 Likes

When I was in school playing D2LOD (2000s), I was literally the only kid to own a gaming console. In 2022 everyone, their mother, their dog, and fish have a gaming console of some sort.

Comparing D2 sales to D3 sales is pure braindead logic.

4 Likes

How do you account for D3 going from 30 million copies sold in 2015 to 65 million players to date?

I will give you that the quality of D2 led to lots and lots of people buying D3 initially/ early on; however, that argument as a major driving factor makes no sense after D3 was out for a couple of years.