Is there a logical reason anymore against personal loot?

" as of August 2015, the number of sales had grown to over 30 million ."

Quick google search. But im totally sure they sold another 50 million after that HAHAHAHA

Quick Google search is valid source I guess, wow :roll_eyes: . Stop it, I already feel like a genius daily here.

Look bud, i dont doubt that your terrible game is really popular. It happens every year, but your game is going to die when D4 comes out and be forgotten forever. It will never be resurrected because it was a meme of a game, especially a year later when a small company developed a f2p game that was more diablo than any talent at blizz could ever reproduce. D3 is on its deathbed, D2/LoD/D2R going to be at its funeral.

insert d2r over d3

perfect

still perfect

insert d2r

perfect

here jimmy decides to check his setting and realizes he forgot to check the box to have players near the same level as him in his game and should either exit and join/create one with setting more appropriate for his level/skill

totally avoidable situation by utilizing proper filters in game creation same as you already do

a situation that would never happen in timed loots and utilizing the already existing filters for joining and creating games.

additional loot options for multiplayer in the current year!?

Personal loot already exist, create a private game.

3 Likes

A situation that happens / happened / and continues to happen in D3. Source: Did it, seen it, experienced it.

Unrealistic, why would he play with slower players? He’s getting more loot and xp more quickly here. C’mon, duh.

Jimmy got apathetic and realized too late that there was a loot system in place that he didn’t like when he spent his money, and now whines on the forums incessantly to provide an alternative so he can collect loot without doing crap.

1 Like
  • 1996 – Diablo ([30 million]
  • 1997 – Diablo: Hellfire (na)
  • 2000 – Diablo II ([17 million]
  • 2001 – Diablo II: Lord of Destruction ([17.5 million]
  • 2012 – Diablo III ([30 million]
  • 2014 – Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (na)
  • 2017 – Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer (na)
  • 2021 – Diablo II: Resurrected ([5 million]

According to video game stats DOT com

yes and a easily preventable situation through good planning and execution of optional loot settings such as timed loots.

if he wanted to play with “faster players” he would have to keep up to have access to the timed loots they become FFA after like 5 secs.

jimmy couldn’t take advantage of active loot system in that way and realized he needed to get faster use different settings or other methods that already exist in the game and would be unchanged such as stacking movement speed charms.

Wonderful story, epic, thrilling until the end. I’d buy the sequel. However, while it does highlight some issues in D3, those issues are not quite the same as in D2. While these things can still happen (and do without a personal loot system, especially in Baal runs due to teleport-drop portal in throne room), there are a number of differering reasons why this happens in D3.

1. Itemization. There are no runes in D3, and in D2, runes mostly come off of regular ole mobs as opposed to elites, which primarily drop magic gear. Killing more regular mobs at higher no drop levels is worthwhile.

2. Tying into point 1, elites are the primary item drop targets in D3, thus leading to a focus on farming elite packs and leaving trash behind, creating a zoom zoom rush from elite to elite, with a lot of item based bonuses geared towards elite farming.

3. Further tying into the above two points, Greater Rifts drop no loot until boss is killed, and time bonuses awarded to elites creates a further conditioning that trash mobs are not worth killing.

Look not to split hairs, but every point of contention you’ve made is already countered in the example story.

Jimmy is not going to handicap himself playing with slower players, this will just delay the time needed to get to the “big leagues” which is where Jimmy envisions himself.

I’m sorry but your “check box to slow your progress” failsafe argument is a joke. It doesn’t really happen.

Yes, and this is a middle ground solution, that’s still ploot at the gate, so I don’t care for it, but it is better than the blanket all ploot solution pushed by others.

Nah, Jimmy just got on the forums instead of changing his playstyle and complains habitually to fundamentally alter the state of the game to suit him.

2 Likes

People still play the original. In fact, they released a functional diablo plus its expansion on GoG before D2R.

Since I played the original diablo at release that defines tbe franchise in my mind. There was a reason the original was named the game of tbe year and ushered in a new genre of online aRPGs.

Ms. PacMan may be better than the original but PacMan defined the franchise.

1 Like

I can officially retire from game design. My hardest critic roundaboutly admitted my idea was “ok”

the rest of that is more of the usual. but this highlighted gem, it is eternal :joy:

It’s an inconsequential point. Rifts are farmed to get keys for greater rifts, the point is correct but moot to the point.

Your research is not current. D3 has had 65 million players.

I think the point that people are trying to make to you is that they dont really care how good or bad D3 and D4 are, those bad parts shouldnt be introduced to an actual good game like D2. Because D3 was trash, and sold less than half the amoutn of copies than your post claimed hahahahahaha

Theres less than 10k people on right now. PoE 24 hour peak was 25k. D3 was obviously really good, so good 63 million players quit XD

1 Like

Your idea at least forces some mild urgency. Which is what I like about ffa, whereas D3 was just 1-2 people clearing and everyone else with their fingers in their butts picking up loot. They’ll turn around and preach about their vast understanding of gameplay and improvements, but you don’t dare touch their addiction, which is picking up loot they didn’t participate in generating.

1 Like

Do you understand that the 30 million sold number for D3 only includes sales made up to August 2015? Recently, Blizzard announced the 65 million player number.

In fact for all these numbers you quoted, their missing subsequent sales.

lololiolololol

You do know those numbers are not accurate.

aww salve if only we could share a digital beer over this momentous coming together of fervent d2 minds

:beers:

This is terrible numbers.

It only managed to sell the xpac to 10% of its player base.

Diablo 2 sold the xpac to 33% of its player base, meaning the game as a whole was/is better.

The reason more copies of D3 were sold than D2 is because D2 wasn’t available for 4 different consoles. Expanding the player base makes more copies sell. Diablo 2 sold 15 million copies in a time when PC gaming was not the meta and continued the trend with LoD Which sold another 5 million copies.

The fact that the D3 RoS only sold 3 million tells you everything you need to know about D3 compared to D2.

1 Like