Is there a logical reason anymore against personal loot?

If they did what you’re saying than I would be on board with it.

Which is a conundrum, considering no one is playing split farms on weaker builds, thus showing that players care more about loot than challenge. Also, until recently with Terror Zones, players were forced in full Baal games primarily in order to level fast, and at a certain point, when it takes too long to level, there is no reward outside of gaining a fraction of exp due to current looting system.

Since D3 sold far more copies than D2 & D2R combined, it is posible that D3 now defines what a diablo game is.

Irrespective, D4 will introduce younger folks to the franchise. D4 may define the diablo franchise in 10 years.

1 Like

Haha, exactly. Thats why people still play Diablo 2 XD

Yeah the same 1000 non-bot people. Every game is played even after 2 decades by a very niche community this is not shocking neither a novel idea.

D3 is a decade+ old BTW and has way more player retention than both D2 and D2R. I won’t be playing D2R next Ladder for example.

We’ll see where that player base goes when D4 comes out. Willing to take a bet on whether or not they’ll do Diablo 3 ressurected?

Yes actually I am, and yes we will see where it goes but what does this have to do with anything? 1+ decade and way stronger than both D2 and D2R combined BTW.

if we talking about efficiency, p1 is the best for farming uniques and runes if you take LK out of the equation bc LK shouldnt even exist the way it exists now

raising the player count is only better for bases and only if farming cows

so i would raise the player count just for fun bc its not more efficient

Haha, you’re delusional bud. Game was absolute trash and its still a meme when a friend installs it again and quits after 48 hours.

I am the one who is delusional here? Really? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

True story. Also, player retention is way worse in D2 and even current D2R, so that’s a meme.

I am delusional BTW, can you guys believe this person? :woman_facepalming:
It’s like a person who only know their own home and you’re trying to show them some of the world, but they resist enlightenment so hard and bury themselves in denial and accuse others of being delusional…

I think you’re too big of a fan of a terrible game. Must have gotten your ancients this season XD

1 Like

I am just being objective and I have not yet even stated my subjective opinion…? :roll_eyes:
You can rely on getting second-hand embarrassment in here but looking at how some people behave and discuss.

No clue what that means. Probably more personal insults and ad hominem from a defeated purist.

I am betting the next post would be more insults in that case, ignoring and moving on. Facts hurt feelings but don’t care about them.

Yep called it. Also, second-hand embarrassment is not upset. Imagine being extra delusional thinking you can make me upset or I even care, already forgotten about this “discussion”.

XD

Uh oh, someones upset.

hahahahaha… Talking D3 up. but dont now the game…
Like i told you. Zahramar is a big troll
Zahramar, uses purist all the time. But dont know what it means.

1 Like

I can tell he actually believes his own bs. Probably wasnt there day 1 for D3 when your Tal Rasha’s set pieces dropping with barb skill. Or the first week when you had to go through the final act and kill diablo without getting hit because your best chance of getting proper loot was to spend $250 on the RMAH. Game was and is an absolute meme. Been outdone several times since release.

1 Like

Jimmy finally finished building his basic character on D3, and is ready to join the higher level Torments and Greater Rifts.

Jimmy is excited, he has been playing solo for a while now, and is looking forward to the added loot and interaction of defeating demons with other players.

Jimmy joins a game, he was the final member of the party. Jimmy is psyched, he witnesses the prowess and ability of other teammates as they zip around the battlefield.

Jimmy is happy he’s part of something as cool as demon slaying in D3.

Jimmy pulls up the mini-map in an unobtrusive manner, and attempts to keep up with the group.

Jimmy is noticing a few of his party members are exceptionally powerful and are clearing things faster than Jimmy can ever hope to keep up. There are no demons around for Jimmy to kill.

What should Jimmy do? He has an epiphany, little gold and green asterisks on his map reveal loot he’s not yet retrieved! What could they be?

Unfortunately for Jimmy, these potentially fantastic bits of gear are all spread out and the leader is getting further and further from Jimmy. He’s not complaining but this is hardly the experience he was expecting.

It’s been 6 hours now…

Jimmy has given up on keeping pace with the more developed higher paragon/geared characters and mostly sticks to the backlines, picking up gear that no one else can interact with. He’s only partially paying attention to the game, as the odds of death are incredibly remote, all danger has been removed. It’s small consolation for no longer having demons to kill.

Jimmy looks longingly at the tiny player names zipping across his minimap, eager for the day where he too can keep up with the pack.

Jimmy is almost to the next rift level, but the rift is closing- oh no, too many uniques and set pieces remain on the ground. In a mad scramble Jimmy moves to collect everything he can before the rift closes.

It’s been 12 days now… Jimmy has given up on actively pushing his group, he’s always just slightly too slow to keep pace with the breakneck builds, he likes his <insert 4th worst build for a class here>. He solemnly trudges along, resigned to running towards unique/set asterisks on his map, in the hopes that one day he can kill demons again.

Jimmy thought about playing alone, so he could actually kill monsters again without developing early onset carpal tunnel. He shakes his head, the loot drops are terrible, the character experience is terrible, that would just be a waste of Jimmy’s time. There’s a problem, Jimmy doesn’t feel like he’s even playing the game.

Jimmy watches videos on high level greater rifts, eager to see the day when players can no longer one shot everything on the screen. Jimmy will one day pick up enough asterisks on the screen to get there, so he can keep up with people already 300 paragon levels ahead of him and kill some demons.

… but… Jimmy’s build will never keep up, Jimmy will never be as capable at clearing, Jimmy is now nothing more than a ploot peon, scurrying around like a rat retrieving bits of cheese. Jimmy realizes he doesn’t really need to keep up, he’s getting loot, he’s feeling accomplished.

Jimmy sees D2R coming out, he quits D3 and launches the game… He laughs, let those fools work their fingers to the bone killing monsters, I’ll just gather all this sweet loot at my leisure.

2 hours later…

PUT PLOOT IN D2R NOW, NO REASON NOT TOO, IT’S THE CURRENT YEAR!!

I just went a researched this, I could be wrong but:

Diablo 2 Resurrected sold 5million units.

Diablo 2 sold 15 million units.

Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction sold 5 million units

Diablo 3 sold 30 million units.

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls sold …3 million units(!!!).

Diablo 3 was a massive flop. People bought it yes, because Diablo 2 was so awesome - but it didn’t retain anyone…

Diablo 2 Resurrected sold more units than Reaper of Souls.

Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction sold more units than Reaper of Souls.

Which is absolutely crazy considering Diablo 3 sold a whopping 30 million units! It was a huge flop.

1 Like

Right after this is when they get on the forums and start every post with “as a 15-20 year Diablo 2 vet.”

2 Likes

Source please.

Source please. Also most have RoS sales combined with D3.

Show your sources. Also, note the date of the sales data.

Here:

I missed that part, good addition.