Is there a logical reason anymore against personal loot?

Personal loot is a term that causes confusion. D3 initially had instanced loot and free trade (and even auction houses to promote trade). Later, D3 had instanced loot and highly restricted trade. Both are characterized as personal loot.

Personal loot is not tbe same as no trade.

yes… i am. I’ve done this… it wont always be fast or efficient… and it may cost 10x as much as a more meta build to make it work… but u CAN… and i HAVE

in d3 u can’t even play with other people while doing it because of infinite scaling…
in d2 u can clear anything except uber trist by doing so.

yes exactly. In the modified timed loots, the loot tables stay the same and all that, the only difference is the short time window where loot is on the ground but not FFA yet. The loots are totally tradable and all that like regular

1 Like

this means one thing, d2r has a much lower ceiling
it isnt the case but what if d3 ceiling was t16, that gr didnt even exist or didnt warded any xp or loot?

Official item filters are my biggest wish, but a timed loot assignment ploot option would be fantastic. A great new way to mf.

its not just the ceiling its how close you can get to it with how you want to play.

aka… balance.

back when t6 was the max… you COULD play any build you want t6

but those builds wouldn’t 1 shot everything… it was much more balanced without the sets giving any skills increased damage.

it WAS balanced for the most part

barb was still the best but every class with any build was still pretty even.
it was “play your way”

i LOVED d3 on launch.

i was using ray of forst with pierce on t6
i was using sweeping wind with shard of hate and that wow lightning sword for an on hit proc DOT build

i LOVED it
( minus the rmah).

they didnt ruin d3 until later them they reworked the sets for the first time to give dashing strike 3000% damage

that’s when they decided to go "oh were going to raise the ceiling and then make the only things that can play at that level “our new sets”

thats whey they removed “play your way”

1 Like

I came in here to support personal loot. But have changed my mind as I’m writing this.

Personal loot will completely eliminate farming in a game on your own. Arguably the only challenging way to play the game. Playing in a game by yourself to farm for loot was a trade off (and a good one) to ensure you had access to all the loot that dropped. Playing with 8 players in a game is easy and hectic. You don’t have to think about anything.

Simply having “Personal Loot” as an option for a game doesn’t fix this either. The new best way to get loot would be to play in a game with 8 players (as a group). Completely eliminating the challenge of farming bosses and areas on your own.

It’s fun to argue about these things because you start to realize all the things that made Diablo 2 great.

I’m not following what you’re trying to say here. I can’t make sense of your post. Not trying to insult, but I don’t get it. If you don’t want a ploot option, then simply don’t pick it. It will always be more efficient to solo farm. Ploot is a fun but less efficient alternative. Also, solo farming doesn’t take brain power.

i agree

but back to what i asked

is there any dmg skill that cant blast through t16?

i agree

the problem with this is that we already know the numbers
farming on your own, even with p1 instanced loot, still is more efficient
i think i posted the results of solo vs p1 instaced loot using silospen for the calc in this thread and the result was that for runes and uniques you are better on your own

if your point is “this will kill farming solo early” i may agree bc of how MP bonuses scales and i think it should change, +50% hp/player in the game is not an increase in difficulty, its the opposite

edit: i think you meant splitfarming right?
if so, tbh, no build should be able to do p7-8 alone

Yeah, a bunch of people that dont like Diablo games fell in love. Now they’re on the D2 forums hoping to turn that game into something they can blip on their attention spectrum. D4 is only a handful of months away, there you’ll find your soulbound and untradable loot brought to you buy devs that have never played a diablo game XD.

You might not be aware but games that have 2+ players in it get better drop rates. If personal loot exists, than the new best way to farm would be as / in a group of 8 players. It would be less efficient to farm on your own because the drop rates would be lower and you would also clear content at a slower rate.

So even if you don’t like “Personal Loot”, it doesn’t change the fact that you could simply join a game with other people in it that has “Personal Loot” activated, and that would be like 2-4x more efficient than farming on your own.

These are the people you’re balancing the game for Blizz. Diehard fan’s since 6 months ago.

please provide the proof for this

Well it’s increased drops but you lose 50% of them if playing with another player. And so on. I don’t think you’ve thought this through.

Yup. The general consensus is, D3 is decent as a game, bad for a Diablo game.

People that chime in with, “That’s just your opinion” are captains of the obvious.

3 Likes

Considering the current “best way” to get loot is filling a game with 8 players, that each farm their own zone, having 8 players playing the same zone and getting their own loot actually makes co-op fun and viable. The current best practice is a mockery of what multiplayer should be, and is mostly rewarding to those meta classes that can get away with players 8 solo, especially in limited gear (ie casters).

3 Likes

Torment difficulties didn’t exist when D3 started. Also didn’t have Torment difficulties and RMAH at the same time. In fact Torment difficulties didn’t exist for 2 years after launch.

2 Likes

i think we first got Monster Power for inferno further difficulty scaling

I wish I could but I don’t have time to gather the evidence. Maybe you could provide proof that I’m wrong?

The proof that I can provide is that loot is greater in games with more players and content is cleared so fast that you now have access to more loot this way if personal loot is activated. Its just that much more efficient. Maybe someone else can provide the evidence for this if they have time.

Here’s a little piece of evidence:
If you had the option to turn players 8 on vs have it off. You would turn it on because farming on players 1 is not more efficient … So now the only thing to prove is that having the loot divided amongst 7 other players is leading to more loot per player. (Which I’m pretty sure it would) due to the clearing speed.

Viable (and the new meta in that case)?, …yes.

Fun? No - playing with other players is boring and easy. There’s no challenge and it’s hectic.

However, there is always the chance that if they added personal loot drops they would lower the amount of drops in full games to compensate.

Yes, everyone would play on P8, but that is if you are soloing. (single player) If you want personal loot online, join full mf split games and don’t mf where anyone else is. 100% personal loot just like that.