Impossible to play in the morning

At least block chinese from playing on the US server please? For crying out loud you cannot even play this game in the morning anymore without waiting 2-3 hours . They are never gonna fix this.

10 Likes

Went into queue, was in there for 20 mins. Game loaded into offline mode. Clicked online, have been in queue for 30 mins nowā€¦

5 Likes

2-3 hours? Today is the first day my queue was about 15-20 minutes, opposed to every other day being 45+.

Man i hope i dont get booted if its gotten that bad,.

I thought a recent update ā€˜claimedā€™ to have fixed that bs?

1 Like

Blizzard doesnā€™t care.

#blizzarddoesntcare

7 Likes

Just finished second round of queue to get ā€œCannot Connect to Serverā€. There goes my morning play time.

6 Likes

I have attempted to play this game every day this week (pc) and I have not gotten in a single time. I do try at the same time every day (730am ET - 9am ET)

Todayā€¦ I spent 20 minutes in the queue on launch from ~#35. That queue ended with no error but put me in the Offline character tab. I pressed Online tab and it entered queue again. Was ~#45. That queue lasted 30-40 minutes. When it got to the end it said ā€œUnable to connect to serverā€. I pressed Online tab and entered the queue again; was ~#85. I closed the game and decided to try again tomorrow.
This is how every day has gone and I just havenā€™t seen the inside of the game once. I am playing other games on my phone while the queue ticks away on my screen.

I give this game a lotttttt of slack because Diablo 2 specifically is my favorite game from when I was a kid. But even still Iā€™m ready to just give up because I physically canā€™t play it. I canā€™t imagine what a casual purchaser would be doing with this. If they do resolve the problems, thereā€™s just no way thereā€™s any meaningful population online. Itā€™s just going to partition the previous small existing original D2 online community between original and resurrected.

Yeah its an absolute joke really ruined something i waited 20 years for :frowning:

It is my understanding that D2R is not yet sold in China. The issue with the global database is likely attributed to the Asia server.

Having said that, i am sure i have heard ā€˜rumorā€™ that many in china actually are playing. They still have ways to get it. But, i have no evidence, just passing on the claims.

I started to develop a routine for my mornings.

Wake up.
Dress, make tea and read news.
Take meds.
Boot PC, start D2 into queue.
Go for my 2 mile jog.
Shower, Dress.
Play D2 until work.

And now, today, the queue wasnā€™t finished (Iā€™m still at #56!). Clearly, now that my morning routine is ruined, Iā€™ll have to demand a refund and/or sue Blizzard. Thatā€™s what we do on the forums now, yeah?

I donā€™t think you have a good understanding of China.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know whoā€™s playing where. All I know is I canā€™t play in the mornings during Asian prime time and I can play no problems during North American prime time. Today I logged in to the queue, went and cooked and ate a huge breakfast with all the fixinā€™s, washed the dishes, and now have sat down to read forum posts, and Iā€™m still not out of the queue. Itā€™s 9am. At 9pm I will be able to log in without any wait at all. So whoever is stressing the servers or whatever infrastructure thatā€™s being stressed so much to cause queues, and I doubt itā€™s anyone in North America. they need to address that.

Blizzard said in their blue post that part of the problem was people making too many games too fast. Sounds like farmers to me.

1 Like

The Asia region includes South Korea, India, Japan, Australia, plus many more countries.

At this point Iā€™m sure theres more bots than actual players. Go look at that d2jsp place, people are buying/selling for crazy amounts.

Blizzard never managed to get a handle on cheating in the original, why would this be any different.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not Chinese people. Itā€™s the South Koreans. They are the ones flooding the servers since this is their prime time.

ive been at 162 in queue for 10 mins nowā€¦

There is no such thing as a ā€œUS Serverā€ for a GLOBAL database. Read the pinned thread in this very forum.

1 Like

still at 162 another 10 mins later. ive never been in a login queue like this one before in any other game.

Thatā€™s because no other game has a login queue ā€˜quite like this oneā€™.

Blizzard RNG Baby!

2 Likes